Would you trade Souray?

BCHabnut

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You think Miiny will move Gaborik already? I highly highly doubt it.

What would Wild have that we would want? I can see Bob talking up his old pals/linemates over there, but they look a bit too similar to us.

Trading Souray is still a great idea. Trading Ryder while he's on one of his 4-5 game streaks, well that looks even better.

Edited by tokyohabs

I think we'll see Souray, along with, and this is total guesswork, Kovalov, traded together or in seperate deals, for some promising youth. The current rumors are San Jose being very interested in Souray, so maybe something happens there. After 2 pretty good games by Halak, I doubt we'll be seeing a trade for a goaltender, unless its a minor deal for Garon. I think Gainey will make 2 or more changes on Thursday or Friday. At this point in the season, some youth would be welcome, as veterans like Kovalov, Sampsonov , Rivet, etc have underperformed this year. Also, If we get rid of a couple of forwards, I think we'll see Kostitsyn here for the remainder of the year. I'll be back to gloat or eat my words after the deadline passes!

It's a win win situation if we get Gaborik...For how long...I hope just for the rest of the season...

Look at the hurricanes last season, they stocked up on Recchi and Weight.....Might as well roll the dice...

I like Souray, but In the playoffs...too many shots get blocked so i think he will be ineffective for us

BRING GABORIK TO MTL!

I think something is going down with San Jose. The whole leaving practice thing with a bruise and rest is bull. Apparently the condition with San jose is they'll take Souray if he signs a two year deal with San Jose. For that to be decided I would think Souray would have to be involved in the conversations. Rest? or negotiations? Both with Habs and San Jose to see where his Shelly's head is at so nobody loses. Gainey is honest and pro enough to lay it all out on the table with Sheldon. You see my point.

Maby someone can fill me in on the kids possibly coming our way. Don't know much about them.D Matt Carle, C Joe Pavelski and a draft pick. Pavel seems smallish. Thorton talks highly of him. Youth is cool but where is the insurance great player we need so badly.

All star for all star?

Hmmmmmmmm

Thoughts?

It's a win win situation if we get Gaborik...For how long...I hope just for the rest of the season...

Look at the hurricanes last season, they stocked up on Recchi and Weight.....Might as well roll the dice...

I like Souray, but In the playoffs...too many shots get blocked so i think he will be ineffective for us

BRING GABORIK TO MTL!

Yes minnesota is in 8th place about to take on the 1st seed and they are going to trade away their best scorer for an over-rated defenseman! Are you people insane? Gaborik is a franchise player and they aren't going to trade him away for an ok rental.

They were both real good players in college. I suspect Carle will be a #3 or 4 Dman depending on who he plays with. Decent size and speed, moves the puck well, plays PP and PK. Better then average, would be a great pickup.

I don't know about Pavelski's size, he does play around the net, good skills and a goal scorer, not a set up man. In college he was on the ice in all the important times of the game. He is a winner and has good skills. He can play both wing and center. Again i would take these 2 for Souray without the pick.

Yea, i heard Bouchard. I wouldn't want him either, the Habs don't need another soft perimeter player. I would take Rolston though.

If we trade Souray it really ought to be for a center and a D (prospects). We have lots of wingers in the wing (couldn't resist). We will need someone for the second line, and someone to replace Souray. If we can get close to that with prospects it would be a good deal. If not, keep Souray.

I really like the idea of getting Mikko, but it would be an unbelievable coup on our behalf.

If we trade Souray it really ought to be for a center and a D (prospects). We have lots of wingers in the wing (couldn't resist). We will need someone for the second line, and someone to replace Souray. If we can get close to that with prospects it would be a good deal. If not, keep Souray.

I really like the idea of getting Mikko, but it would be an unbelievable coup on our behalf.

We have a plethora of mediocre to decent players I would rather make a pachage and get someone great. I don't see Mikko being any better then his brother which isnt bad but I think we should aim higher.

We have a plethora of mediocre to decent players I would rather make a pachage and get someone great. I don't see Mikko being any better then his brother which isnt bad but I think we should aim higher.

It remains to be seen ... but Mikko is definitely a lot bigger than his brother, which, if combined with Saku's skill, would make him a great player. But he is still young (he was the 6th pick in the draft though, so the scouts must think he is good).

I think we'll see Souray, along with, and this is total guesswork, Kovalov, traded together or in seperate deals, for some promising youth. The current rumors are San Jose being very interested in Souray, so maybe something happens there. After 2 pretty good games by Halak, I doubt we'll be seeing a trade for a goaltender, unless its a minor deal for Garon. I think Gainey will make 2 or more changes on Thursday or Friday. At this point in the season, some youth would be welcome, as veterans like Kovalov, Sampsonov , Rivet, etc have underperformed this year. Also, If we get rid of a couple of forwards, I think we'll see Kostitsyn here for the remainder of the year. I'll be back to gloat or eat my words after the deadline passes!

:o

Why would we trade Kovalev when he's got moves like these:

his goal celebration is ranked #3 and is played at 2:42 of the video. The beginning is just random moments from random players.. boring.

The more we go, the more I doubt Kovalev will be moved.

Souray to SJ sounds good. I think the more 'marquee' player might end up being Briere via free agancy, so Bob might be satisfied with the above two players plus a third or a pick.

Still see something with Chicago happening, prying away Smolinski somehow, maybe for a kid plus a prospect and Samsonov thrown into the mix.

By the way, don't we already have a prospect named Matt Carle???

:o

Why would we trade Kovalev when he's got moves like these:

his goal celebration is ranked #3 and is played at 2:42 of the video. The beginning is just random moments from random players.. boring.

I just wasted 3 minutes of my life watching that video.....now I can never get them back....i also wasted more time writing about how terrible that video was.....i have to leave now... :?-

I just wasted 3 minutes of my life watching that video.....now I can never get them back....i also wasted more time writing about how terrible that video was.....i have to leave now... :?-

lol I know.. I wish it was just the Kovalev part. Ah well...

By the way, don't we already have a prospect named Matt Carle???

Yep. There's a Mathieu Carle, who we have and a Matt Carle who San Jose has. Both are offensive defenceman (though I guess Matt might be more of a two-way guy).

If the rds rumours are true and this is a real deal being discussed, I'd take this:

As much as the Habs want to sign Souray and as much as I hope he stays. Carle, Pavelski and a pick is too good to resist. Wilson would be off his rocker.

Carle is an NHL ready D who can easily step in and replace Souray. He only has half of Souray's point production but given his stock, (and it'll rise) I'd do it. Especially given Pavelski and a pick as the compensatory gravy.

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

If the rds rumours are true and this is a real deal being discussed, I'd take this:

As much as the Habs want to sign Souray and as much as I hope he stays. Carle, Pavelski and a pick is too good to resist. Wilson would be off his rocker.

Carle is an NHL ready D who can easily step in and replace Souray. He only has half of Souray's point production but given his stock, (and it'll rise) I'd do it. Especially given Pavelski and a pick as the compensatory gravy.

I watched a bit of the Sharks - Caps game on TSN last night and have to say I like what I seen in Pavelski - whether he continues to get it done or not remains to be seen? Nice quick release on his goal though.... (they were comparing it to Sakic's if memory serves me right?)

Not sure if he's an upgrade or not over what the team already has in its' system though - hard to tell based on seeing him one time!

Edited by beliveau1

Hold on, I thought Bernier was our main target from the Sharks? That's what I'm hearing out in Vancouver, anyway.

My comment on Pavelski was just about what I noted in the game last night - I'm not sure whether he's a target or not. It was in response to the previous post which mentioned him as an addition to that rumour?

My comment on Pavelski was just about what I noted in the game last night - I'm not sure whether he's a target or not. It was in response to the previous post which mentioned him as an addition to that rumour?

I just saw this on Spectorshockey.com:

Charles" sends in the following on the Canadiens: "On CJAD radio in Montreal this morning Michael Farber mentioned Sheldon Souray for Matt Carle. According to Farber, a star player on the Sharks said that it was going around the dressing room and was "a done deal". Farber sees Carle as a Chelios-type player, and no one could begrudge Gainey for trading a guy who likely has 20 games left in a Habs uniform - even if he is the top scorer - for a potential franchise defenceman."

• 1 month later...