Andrei Kostitsyn recalled

Athlétique.Canadien

Most likley Higgins will NOT play.

Actually it's as "safety"

Higgs is a gametime decision...

I'm almost hoping that Higgins doesn't play, I wanna see the "NEW" Kostytsyn... everytime we called him up, he wasn't scoring that much in AHL... but since last time, he's scoring at a very good rhythm and developped some work ethic apparently. Lever loves him from what I read.

ALSO, they could want to give the kid his chance by benching Murray (but this is not likely since Murray played his best game of the season and deserves to play again tonight.)

I'm hoping they bench Samsonov. He's isn't putting up the points, so lets see what Kostitsyn can do.

Will be interesting to see what actually happens.

Samsonov's been working hard and playing very well recently. Benching him would be like when we benched Rivet (and he was working hard but playing very poorly). If we bench him and Samsonov finally demands a trade for good, there's no way anyone can blame him.

Samsonov's been working hard and playing very well recently. Benching him would be like when we benched Rivet (and he was working hard but playing very poorly). If we bench him and Samsonov finally demands a trade for good, there's no way anyone can blame him.

No one wants Samsonov at his salary. Bob tried to move him ... he even waved him. Also, Samsonov may be trying, but he isn't producing. I think it is time someone else got a shot at his minutes ... and if he wants to complain, he can go to the AHL.

Samsonov's biggest problem is he doesn't have the right center to feed off of ... and it doesn't look like that will change any time soon.

ANyway, looking forward to hearing about Carbonneau's decision. And I hope that Higgins plays and carrys over the momentum from the last match.

Looks like Higgins is doubtful for tonight.

"If (Higgins) is on the trip, it's because we think he'll play in (at least) one of the two games," Carbonneau said. "It's a big relief, especially with the injuries we've had."

Full story here:

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/news...a56&k=13598

Love to see Kostitsy take Higgins place on the first line for some of the game and see if he gels with the line better than Latendress. Tender is doing well, but he hasn't been lighting it up on the first line ... I don't think that he plays there style.

Love to see Kostitsy take Higgins place on the first line for some of the game and see if he gels with the line better than Latendress. Tender is doing well, but he hasn't been lighting it up on the first line ... I don't think that he plays there style.

Yeah id prefer Lats on the 4th line and give Kost a shot with Ryder and Koivu. Lats is still hitting and playing hard but hasnt seemed to have the finish in recent weeks.

Yeah id prefer Lats on the 4th line and give Kost a shot with Ryder and Koivu. Lats is still hitting and playing hard but hasnt seemed to have the finish in recent weeks.

Perezhogin was playing the PP minutes after Higgins went down and Latendresse was playing the ES minutes I imagine it would be one of them on the top line. Kostitsyn will play with the other Hamilton boys.