Game Thread | Canadiens vs. New York | 02/27/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is f++++ing ridiculous. How are we gonna make the playoffs when we cant even beat the stinking RANGERS...we are in big trouble. DEJA VU all over again.

Sometimes I think it would be better to be a leafs fan and live in a dream world with low standards

Everything sucks. And there's way too much heat in here for trade this and Souary that. Everyone is too bent out of shape.

I'm tired of typing and defending Bob so it's vac time for sure.

This was a nice place but is starting to be a drag.

Watching this team is starting to be a drag....

Everything sucks. And there's way too much heat in here for trade this and Souary that. Everyone is too bent out of shape.

I'm tired of typing and defending Bob so it's vac time for sure.

This was a nice place but is starting to be a drag.

I understand, but there is no other place on the net where you won't hear this from Habs fans especially. It's god damn frustrating when you are 21-8 at one point in the season and now you are fighting for a playoff spot and getting raped by teams who are way out of the picture. that shows no effort, and I don't have a spot in my heart for half assing it when you NEED these points. If they are tired, I'll give them that but if they keep these performances up I am going to LOSE it.

19 shots. 5 by Begin and 5 by Bouillon. Huston, we have a problem...

LOL, you're reading the "hits" column. Most shots were by Ryder and Kostitsyn at 3 each.

So, what is the deal? Was their goal tender better than ours, or did we really have no effort?

Two games in a row with the flu must be hard on Koivu ... and Samsonov has it too? Wonder who else has it?

Disappointing lose.

Carolina, Pitsburgh, and Toronto lost too, so that is good for us in the standings. If the Flyers beat the Islanders, at least they will only gain 1 point on us.

From looking at the Boxscore on HHL.com it looks like the Habs ran in to penalty problems (7) while the Rangers only got 3 (the last two with under 2 minutes left in the game, so they don't really count). Also, the Habs only got 3 shots on net in the whole 3rd period. Something must be up. Maybe they no longer fear being traded, or maybe the whole locker room is tired and sick.

Or maybe it's the same thing night after night, no effort, no pride, no reason to play now, everyone's contract is safe. Whatever, i saw this one coming a mile away. They just can't put it together for more then 1 game. That game wasn't even as close as the score.

I was hoping BG would make a couple of moves, he sahould have called the Wizard and traded for the Lion and the Tin man to get heart and courage for his team.

From looking at the Boxscore on HHL.com it looks like the Habs ran in to penalty problems (7) while the Rangers only got 3 (the last two with under 2 minutes left in the game, so they don't really count). Also, the Habs only got 3 shots on net in the whole 3rd period. Something must be up. Maybe they no longer fear being traded, or maybe the whole locker room is tired and sick.

back to back games with travel in between - both TO and Habs sucked tonight as they blew their loads last night. only chance habs had was to build an early lead and hope to hold on. boner penalties in the first killed that idea. they were just gassed. i was there - you could see their shoulders slumped before the game was half over.

btw, where was higgins? flu?

This happens to every team playing back to back game, expect more of them same on saturday after playing the sabres friday.

The only back to back games should be against the same team, otherwise the team just gets shafted the next night.

They came out fast enough, but those early soft goals that Halak gave up sapped their enthusiasm in a hurry. I think Halak has one more chance to have a big game, and if he doesn't, it's back to the farm for the balance of the year.

Am I wrong to already be looking at who is UFA this summer.

I wish Gainey was an edgy GM then I would look at some RFAs too and see who we can poach.

gainey ain't gonna do squat, know one wants to come here anyway

Bob said he believes we can make the post season with our current roster :blink:

Ya...uhh....hmm.....i dont think so

EDIT: not with this effort im seeing...

yea not with what we have in net which is NOTHING

hey..... umm..... on the bright side, we now have Michael Leighton. :unsure:

wooooooohooooooooo stanley cup baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

This happens to every team playing back to back game, expect more of them same on saturday after playing the sabres friday.

The only back to back games should be against the same team, otherwise the team just gets shafted the next night.

no thats just the habs who get shafted. 82 games a year

They came out fast enough, but those early soft goals that Halak gave up sapped their enthusiasm in a hurry. I think Halak has one more chance to have a big game, and if he doesn't, it's back to the farm for the balance of the year.

And you would be putting who in net exactly? Abby? Can markov play nets?

Well it's a tough pill to swallow when you blow 2 breakaways and hit a post and then end the period minus a goal thanks ot a softy.

This is f++++ing ridiculous. How are we gonna make the playoffs when we cant even beat the stinking RANGERS...we are in big trouble. DEJA VU all over again.

Sometimes I think it would be better to be a leafs fan and live in a dream world with low standards

hurry

:P

:hlogo:

Ouch, tough loss last night. Should have been 2 points and a grip on a playoff spot. Can't afford to lose these games against Confrence opponets when we are already a few games short of everybody else.

Habs better wake up and come up with some better efforts, or Gainey is going to look like a tool for keeping his team together and giving hope......