Game Thread | Habs vs. Sabres | 03/02/07

Spider-Man NL

ok lets not get crazy now. there is no need to bring an old drunken irishman into this mess its bad enough now.

and before you get carried away I am irish :lol:

OK you're right but CARBO"S GOTTA GO!!!!!!!!

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love a good bar fight.

I'm sure you do,given your size

although I'm sure you'd rather a good bar debate !!! :lol:

Um the team hasn't been ready to play for years. STOP blaming the coaches for the players laziness. Do you really think Carbo says before the game " hey guys this is a very important game, so i want you not to play hard, please don't skate and take penalties". I doubt it. The coaches and management have like 20 cups, the team 1. Dandy for Detroit.

20 cups...stop living in the past. Great players don't make good coaches or gms. Julien was fired so why not this clown who's never been a head coach of a peewee team even.Bring on a real coach!!

20 cups...stop living in the past. Great players don't make good coaches or gms. Julien was fired so why not this clown who's never been a head coach of a peewee team even.Bring on a real coach!!

he IS a real coach but he's also a rookie and rookie coaches make rookie mistakes !!

I'm not living in the past, this team sucks, and it's not the coaches fault. Julian 1st place, Therien 4th place, Vineux (spelling0 1st place. All coaches fired with the core. Obviously the coaching has been the problem. What has this team ever been besides an 8 seed?

Mark Streit played 9 minutes for Mtl. As a forward.

*****ing chinless, squash faced dimwit Julien! He just loved short ugly French speaking journeymen defensemen, like himself back in the day. Now the team is stuck with Bouillon and Dandenault for another two years, and a utilily man like Streit.

jesus f'ing xrist its not the coaches.

if this team was ever going to do anything, it needed its guns to step up: koivu, kovalev, ryder, sammy and higgins (about 15-16 mil in cap space?). those 5 guys have ranged from mediocre to blowing chunks all year. please don't blame the 4/5 depth d-men, or our back up goalie (who is slumping).

winning teams have horses that win games for them. our "top" 5 have simply not been winning us hockey games.

frankly, hats off to plex and kosty and laps (and Bonk) - these are supposed to be support guys, and they're playing like our core. maybe they are.....

jesus f'ing xrist its not the coaches.

if this team was ever going to do anything, it needed its guns to step up: koivu, kovalev, ryder, sammy and higgins (about 15-16 mil in cap space?). those 5 guys have ranged from mediocre to blowing chunks all year. please don't blame the 4/5 depth d-men, or our back up goalie (who is slumping).

winning teams have horses that win games for them. our "top" 5 have simply not been winning us hockey games.

frankly, hats off to plex and kosty and laps (and Bonk) - these are supposed to be support guys, and they're playing like our core. maybe they are.....

you are right and they probably will be the core soon.

Dandenault has been godawful the last few games and Bouillon barely better and they have been less then adequate all year. It is no great coincidence the canadiens began to slide when they became regulars after their injuries. Apparently it has not dawned on Carbo yet. Begin has been a disaster as well this year.

Mark Streit played 9 minutes for Mtl. As a forward.

*****ing chinless, squash faced dimwit Julien! He just loved short ugly French speaking journeymen defensemen, like himself back in the day. Now the team is stuck with Bouillon and Dandenault for another two years, and a utilily man like Streit.

I totally agree with you about Dandenault and Bouillon. Dandenault has stunk the last 10 games and Bouillon little better. It is no great surprise that the habs were playing really well without them at the start of the year.

As for Streit, I totally disagree. I think he has been the unsung hero this year. As for Hainsey I saw him against the habs he has not improved that much. The problem is Komisarek has not raised his play much more either. I dont think Komi is much better then Hainsey right now.

Dandenault has been godawful the last few games and Bouillon barely better and they have been less then adequate all year. It is no great coincidence the canadiens began to slide when they became regulars after their injuries. Apparently it has not dawned on Carbo yet. Begin has been a disaster as well this year.

begin has been playing injured all year and is currently playing with a broken foot.

When is he not injured?

not a bad question. my point is that we're not losing games because our 4th line psycho winger is not playing well. we're losing games because the guys that are supposed to win us games have disappointed. jesus, if huet had have been mediocre through the first 30 games, we might be in flyer-zone.

not a bad question. my point is that we're not losing games because our 4th line psycho winger is not playing well. we're losing games because the guys that are supposed to win us games have disappointed. jesus, if huet had have been mediocre through the first 30 games, we might be in flyer-zone.

I didn't say we were losing games because of Begin. i said he has been a disaster. The reason we are losing games is because of our defence right now including Dandenault Bouillon and Id add Komisarek. Markov could play a lot better as well. As for the goalies arghhh are they bad.

Wow that's disappointing. Sorry guys, but we've been getting shelled with scoring chances for a long time now and at least we USED to have the goaltending to keep us in it....Imagine if we didnt have an offensive outburst tonight....wold have been emabarrassing (or maybe it was?)

Anyway, I kinda said tonight was a must win....but is it fair to say that if we don't win tomorrow night (under less than ideal circumstances)...we are truly done?? I would think so.....it's tough to make up even a little ground when this many teams are battling....and we've already lost once to a team below us this week....Twice is essentially suicide.

Carey Price anyone??

we were done feb 14th when huet went down

Oh, and Sucku Koivu? Leader my ass. It was a goalfest and he did bupkus.

dont use the word suck when your favorite player is alex kovalev

I didn't say we were losing games because of Begin. i said he has been a disaster. The reason we are losing games is because of our defence right now including Dandenault Bouillon and Id add Komisarek. Markov could play a lot better as well. As for the goalies arghhh are they bad.

begin is playing with a broken foot

When is he not injured?

he is a warrior, injuries happen

Haha he rips on Koivu and Begin while he loves Kovalev, easily the biggest waste of air on the team. Koivu has carried this team to victories in the past and begin doesn't have a night where he gives any less than 100%, we really don't deserve that guy, playing with a broken foot says more than enough.

Kovalev should be launched off this team with a catapult.

Aebischer was given a chance at the number one spot with Huet injured, and he has apparently decided he doesn't want to be a #1 goalie. Or a #2 goalie. Unless you think of #2 in an excrement kind of way, in which case he fits the bill perfectly.

Halak all the way.

Pour le numero cinquante-deux de les Sharks de San Jose....CRAAAAAIGG...REEEE...VAAAAAAA!!!!

But hey, they're still losing 3-1 late in the third. That draft pick is looking better by the day... :)

Edited by bobby