Habs UFAs/RFAs this summer

habs rule

Maybe instead of just looking at our UFA's we should be looking at the other 29 teams.

We need to see if we can get better in any given position by offering the $$ to the best players available.

If we do this I think [maybe] 2-3 of the current Habs would be offered contracts, while we look elsewhere for the rest

even If we signed markov and souray, would we be a better team then right now ??

in our Rfa pool, I don't see many players getting major raises

Mike Komisarek( will get a good raise)

Chris Higgins ( won't blow the bank this year)

Tomas Plekanec ( he should get around 850K to 1M)

Michael Ryder( one year deal then gone)

Alex Perezhogin( no raise here)

Josh Gorges( will get more but not that much)

Michael Leighton (won't be resigned)

we'll have money to spend but I doubt that we get a top notch player.

we may have depth players coming in for a fair price but I just don't see gainey being stuck close to the cap like this year.

If it was all on me, i'd not resign Ryder and throw my fishline for a better 1rst line winger.

ryder is better then what he showed for this year..well, just like everybody else in the team.

he will get his 25 goals next year but he sill also show a better +/- rate.

however, I don't think that he'll be in montreal for too long.

he will get 2.5M max on a one year deal then buhbye.

If the team basically stays the same, what makes you think Ryders a=or anyone else's + - will be any different?

I only resign johnson and Markov. Making numerous other trades.

I only resign johnson and Markov. Making numerous other trades.

I don't think trades are the solution. We cannot aquire what we need via trade. As discussed in an other tread, we need a first line center... What do we have to give in exchange of a premier first line center? The solution is to prepare a 12-wheels-truck load of money and get a real number 1 center that will end up at leat in the top20 scorers. For the wigners we'll have to do with what we have.

Edited by Punkned

Maybe instead of just looking at our UFA's we should be looking at the other 29 teams.

We need to see if we can get better in any given position by offering the $$ to the best players available.

If we do this I think [maybe] 2-3 of the current Habs would be offered contracts, while we look elsewhere for the rest

I started the thread, because I've seen so many threads with folks not knowing the Habs cap number, and who are free agents next summer. A quick reference point. That way there aren't any "We should trade Aebischer and Markov for..." posts, when those guys are unrestricted. It wasn't really meant as a "who the Habs should retain" from their current roster. :)

I agree about signing a top center, i mean more trading the D away and getting UFA good D in. Bouilon and Dandy and NOT resigning Souray is a start on the back end overhaul.

Markov is essential. Souray should be brought back at whatever cost we can get him for, pretty much (the question being whether he wants to stay).

It sucks to have to choose between 2 valuable players in Bonk and Johnson but I would take Bonk, the only knock on him being that he plays center and we may have too many (Koivu, plekanec, Lapierre + Grabovsky and maybe Chipchura).

I think Gainey will re-sign Leighton.