Sergei Kostitsyn OHL Player of the Month

habscout

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/news/?id=3310

It looks like this kid is on an offensive roll! Nine goals and 26 assists for 35 points in 11 games. He scored at least one point in all 11 games in February.

Just saw it too, and was about to post it. Looks like you beat me to it!

What a season this kid is having ... at the same time, it is to be expected. He was considering turning pro, but the Habs wanted him to gain some good experience in a leadership capacity. Hopefully it will pay of in spades! Good Job Lil' ####!

ah! I'm in my good place finally something special in HABS land. I'm so proud of our youth movement. There is much to look forward to from our talent pool. Finally it seems like we may have a purely talented player on our hands. It would be even better if he transitions well into the AHL and then up to the NHL one day. Lets hope that day is soon...

GO HABS GO!

I was at his game on Sunday afternoon in Kingston against the Fronts.

He opened the scoring carrying the puck down the left wing and picked the top corner with a laser of a wrist shot. Twice in the period he had shifts over a minute and 30 seconds in length.

To start the second period he had a few big hits in the corners then with the score 4-2 Kostitsyn carried the puck into the zone on a 1 on 3. He took both men to the left corner and sent a wrist shot from near the goal line through the goalies five hole. He had a two more chances to score in the 2nd. With a minute left in the period Kostitsyn found Kane breaking to the net fed him a perfect pass which Kane scored on.

The third period saw Hunter roll all four line but Kostitsyn was still very noticeable.

He had one blind behind the back pass (back hand) into the slot for Gange which was tape to tape that Gange just fired over the top corner.

He was the games third star. His penalty killing is excellent he knocked numerous pucks out of the air and was always looking to create offence.

It's always good to hear good news about the team. There's been an awful lot of 'bitching' recently... understandible bitching but some is way over the top.

So, thanks Sarhei for the sunshine and thanks to habscout for bringing up this thread.

GO :hlogo: GO!

Edited by shortcat1

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/news/?id=3310

It looks like this kid is on an offensive roll! Nine goals and 26 assists for 35 points in 11 games. He scored at least one point in all 11 games in February.

He's scored at least one point in every game since Dec 8th: 20 goals and 51 assists for 71 points in 25 games.

Edited by Peter Puck

Question: with the rate in which he's obviously improving, does he have a shot at being a better player, long-term, than his brother who, while still improving, seems to have neared his plateau?

Question: with the rate in which he's obviously improving, does he have a shot at being a better player, long-term, than his brother who, while still improving, seems to have neared his plateau?

I've actually been wondering about that as well. Which one will end up being the better player? Only time will tell I suppose.

Well Andrei has a much better skill set but it appears Sergei has better attitude and work ethic. It also helps that Sergei came over to North America at a much younger age. I hope they both end up elite talents like the Sednis. It took a while for the Nucks twins to get going I hope the Kosty BROS have a similar fate.

while he has incredible upsides, I wan t to see him play agains bigger men in the ahl before i make a final judgement.

while he has incredible upsides, I wan t to see him play agains bigger men in the ahl before i make a final judgement.

I agree. What I would really love is for Sergei to get a chance next year in the NHL for a few games at least so we can see the all Belarussian line.