When will Price play?

Yes, we have all come crashing to earth because Price had a bad game.

It erases the fact that he was the MVP of a tournament that had the best players in the world 3 months ago.

And the great game he had last game.

I guess Patrick Roy never had a bad game in the playoffs. Uhhh 92 anybody.

And what happened the next season again? Oh yeah, Stanley Cup Championship.

And anybody remember the 6-0 drubbing in game 7 vs the Wings in 2002.

WHAT A CHOKER THAT ROY WAS. Not clutch at all.

One game means nothing. The fact that you never watched the game just adds to the fact that you are making judgements based on absolutely nothing.

Yep, my expectations are back down to earth.

Putting up good stats as the Canadian goaltender at the WJC really isn't a very unique accomplishment. Pretty much every one does, and most of those don't become great NHL goaltenders. I don't know if you could classify Price's last game as "great". He gave up two late third period goals in a do or die situation. You have to remember that he is one of the oldest players in the WHL at the moment, a four year veteran, and a very high draft pick. By those standards, Price really hasn't been anything special for the Americans in the post season. He has yet to carry the team on his back for more than a couple games at a time.

The hype surrounding Carey Price at the moment FAR exceeds his accomplishments.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Putting up good stats as the Canadian goaltender at the WJC really isn't a very unique accomplishment. Pretty much every one does, and most of those don't become great NHL goaltenders. I don't know if you could classify Price's last game as "great". He gave up two late third period goals in a do or die situation. You have to remember that he is one of the oldest players in the WHL at the moment, a four year veteran, and a very high draft pick. By those standards, Price really hasn't been anything special for the Americans in the post season. He has yet to carry the team on his back for more than a couple games at a time.

The hype surrounding Carey Price at the moment FAR exceeds his accomplishments.

Sure

and Latendresse's lives up to his hype in your eyes and places him as a better prospect then Lafleur??

Price did not just play on a gold medal team like Justin Pogge. HE WAS THE MVP OF THE TOURNAMENT!

You are all over the place. You just like to get people going on the board by being contrary.

Lats is better than Lafleur

Price is overrated

Plekanec could be the next Datsyuk

Komisarek is an offensive force who is being unfairly punished with no PP time

Kostitsyn is not really that good his passes are average and his linemates are the ones who are making him look good

Leighton is a really good prospect

You talk about overating Carey Price and Kostitsyn getting overrated and out of the other side of your mouth tell us that Pleks and Lats are comparable to Lafleur and Datsyuk and you are talking about players being overhyped??? :?-

Uh huh. What is next? Duncan Milroy is the next coming of Bertuzzi and Steve Begin's production per minute played is on par with Ryder and given the same PP time he would score more than Ryder.

You must not wear pants, because if you did nobody could hear you talking out your ass

now that price is done his WHL season will the habs sign him to an AHL contract?

now that price is done his WHL season will the habs sign him to an AHL contract?

Good question. Does it affect his years pro and eligibility at all? I don't think so but if it does, then I've got no problem with waiting for next year. Danis and Sauve give Hamilton a fighting chance as it is.

We'll know soon enough. If he's going to Hamilton he should go within a week or so, no?

Good question. Does it affect his years pro and eligibility at all? I don't think so but if it does, then I've got no problem with waiting for next year. Danis and Sauve give Hamilton a fighting chance as it is.

We'll know soon enough. If he's going to Hamilton he should go within a week or so, no?

It won't effect his eligibility unless he plays more then 10 nhl games, so if he gets signed and is in Hamilton then it won't have an effect on him.

Last year they signed Chipchura and brought him for playoffs in Hamilton. I expect Bob to do the same as they are part of the plan of the organization and being part of the farm team and getting to know the system of play and getting a chance to play with his team mates of the future.

Francis Gagnon wrote in his blog that Price could be on his way to Hamilton.

"Éliminé des séries avec ses Americans de Tri-City en fin de semaine, le gardien Carey Price et le Canadien tentent de s’entendre sur les paramètres du premier contrat qui liera l’équipe à son premier choix de 2005. Aussitôt sous contrat – ce devrait être assez simple puisque les contrats sont d’une durée fixe de trois ans, que le salaire maximum et de 850 000 $ par année et que les primes sont contenues dans différentes options que le joueur n’a qu’à sélectionner – Carey Price pourra rejoindre les Bulldogs avec qui il pourrait jouer puisqu’il arrive des rangs mineurs. La liste de protection établie par les clubs de la Ligue américaine en ce qui a trait aux joueurs éligibles à disputer des matchs des séries, empêche seulement les joueurs de l’organisation évoluant dans la LNH d’être retournés dans les mineures en cas d’élimination. Elle ne touche pas les joueurs sortant des rangs juniors…"

Or perhaps it was his attempt to save a great goalie from being embarrassed by the team in front of him? There's always two sides to every coin. And just remember, as one wise HW member once said, statistics are like bikinis, they show a lot, but not everything. ;)

I know this is my first post here but I have to say something. I am a Carey Price fan and saw his last game on the internet. It certainly wasn't a choke job by Price. Price was pulled because the coach had mercy on him. The first period his own player beat him with a slap shot 2 mins into the game and he and he had to come up big to keep it respectable. The second period was a total melt down by his team. They just gave up and left Price to pay the consequenses. They did absolutely nothing but watch Seattle shoot. To top it off in the second his own player banked one in off his leg from behind the net and the same d-man tiped one in on a Seattle power play. It was really sad to watch.

I read a couple of other posts on other boards who saw the same thing.

The person who said he choked obviously didn't see the game. It was pathetic.

Edited by Shaw

He choked. No ifs, ands, or buts. 6 goals in 2 periods and then he was pulled. 3 of those goals happened within the space of a couple of minutes. That was the final and biggest game of his junior career. There is no excuse.

good grief! what kind of assessment is that? i will keep my sense of respect for you even though i feel like describing the comment (and problably the commentator) in a depracating manner...

i can only hope that you deal with those who you actually know and with which you interact on a regular basis with a bit more grace than that...

or... 'how not to win friends & influence people'...

GO :hlogo: GO!

good grief! what kind of assessment is that? i will keep my sense of respect for you even though i feel like describing the comment (and problably the commentator) in a depracating manner...

i can only hope that you deal with those who you actually know and with which you interact on a regular basis with a bit more grace than that...

oh snap !!

EL KABONG strickes again !!!

oh snap !!

EL KABONG strickes again !!!

and bobba louis is very proud too...

Edited by shortcat1

DITTO.....

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I know this is my first post here but I have to say something. I am a Carey Price fan and saw his last game on the internet. It certainly wasn't a choke job by Price. Price was pulled because the coach had mercy on him. The first period his own player beat him with a slap shot 2 mins into the game and he and he had to come up big to keep it respectable. The second period was a total melt down by his team. They just gave up and left Price to pay the consequenses. They did absolutely nothing but watch Seattle shoot. To top it off in the second his own player banked one in off his leg from behind the net and the same d-man tiped one in on a Seattle power play. It was really sad to watch.

I read a couple of other posts on other boards who saw the same thing.

The person who said he choked obviously didn't see the game. It was pathetic.

:clap:

Thank you for clearing up the confusion.

:clap:

Thank you for clearing up the confusion.

I'm a big hockey fan and appreciate watching a talented player. Even more than that I admire a talented player who has class and appreciation for the fans and his team mates. As difficult as it probably was for Carey in that last game, he was never shown hanging his head or yelling at his team. In fact he made a couple of high light reel saves even when it was 6-0. I follow several players and look at a lot of message boards - don't really post much unless something really sets me off - and I see a lot of posts from fans like me, from other cities who really think a lot of Carey. Here's one example from arch rival Spokane:

"I will miss having Carey Price in the WHL. In Spokane, there is a little boy who sits near the goal line and apparently he just loves goalies. This boy brings a sign to the games and the only goalie who has acknowledged him is Carey Price. Also, another incident in Spokane occurred during a ceremony of some kind honoring youth hockey players. The young hockey players lined up where the Ams would be entering the ice. They were in 2 rows--one on each side--and they had their sticks raised and these young players all had their gloves out wanting the Ams to acknowledge them. Only one AM did so--it was Carey Price. One of the finest goalies to ever come thru this league. Good luck Carey from a Chiefs fan!!!"

You've got a great kid on your hands.

Incidentally that is the only game that I can remember Price getting pulled all year, other than when he hurt himself a few weeks ago in a 5-0 win. The reason for pulling him this time it was clearly out of respect for him.

Edited by Shaw

I have it from an excellent source that Price will sign as early as tomorrow. He is on his way to Hamilton for the playoffs!

Yeah baby.

Can't wait to see that! And Shaw, thanks for some great perspective ... too many recap watchers out here not asking the hard questions, or looking beyond the scoreboard.

Here's hoping the Price will be in the same class as Brodeur, Roy, and Hasek ... a great goalie for years to come.

I have it from an excellent source that Price will sign as early as tomorrow. He is on his way to Hamilton for the playoffs!

Yeah baby.

This is great news! Now we will get more details, breakdowns of his performance in HAMILTON. GO PRICE GO!

GO DOGS GO!

GO HABS GO!

Edited by Chips

I would also assume that Halak will return to Hamilton now that Montreal's season is finished. Danis, Halak, and Price........this is going to be very interesting.

I would also assume that Halak will return to Hamilton now that Montreal's season is finished. Danis, Halak, and Price........this is going to be very interesting.

i would 'vote' to have halak in nets for the bulldogs during the playoffs... if price doesn't play, that's ok... maybe he can be inserted during a couple of the final games of the regular season... just for a taste and an incentive...

carey price as been signed for a 3 year deal and will be sent to the bulldogs.

with lapierre and kostitsyn going back, this hamilton team could make a real splash this spring !!

rds.ca

Edited by marky_and_komi