did you know?! part two

alexstream

Shanahan really strongly considered Montreal and thought he was a Habs before NYR called him to invite him to visit, etc...

Among other things, Mueller, an ex teammate, welcomed him out of the plane and Gainey then had a short Helicopter tour with him over the city.

http://rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/226221.html

Bertrand Raymond (for once that jackass was useful) wrote a nice column about this months ago but of course Shanny shed more light on the situation.

Good to see the Habs gave their all to get him in Habsland.

Gainey: We'd really like you to come here, Brenden. It's a beautiful city with great fans and history.

Shanahan: I'm really impressed. Who would I be playing with?

Gainey: Saku Koivu

Sather: We'd really like you to come here, Brenden. It's a beautiful city with great fans and history.

Sather: Jaromir Jagr.

Oh well he made his decision, I guess the appeal of the big apple won out over montreal, can't say I blame him too much since the city is bigger and more happening than ours and the fans have history their too.

Now the only thing left to do is whip them tonight and eliminate them from the playoffs so he regreats his decision!

Yeah, yeah.

Saku Koivu is still ten times the man Jaromir Jagr is. He's not a 100-pt monster, but i'll take him over Yaa!!-GRR any day.

I agree 100%.

Yeah, yeah.

Saku Koivu is still ten times the man Jaromir Jagr is. He's not a 100-pt monster, but i'll take him over Yaa!!-GRR any day.

:rolleyes: Drugs are bad, mmmkay?

I agree 100%.

I don't know what world you live in where you'd take Koivu over Jagr.

Gainey: We'd really like you to come here, Brenden. It's a beautiful city with great fans and history.

Gainey: Saku Koivu

Sather: We'd really like you to come here, Brenden. It's a beautiful city with great fans and history.

Sather: Jaromir Jagr.

Shanny played most of the season with Cullen on the second line...

Straka-Nylander=Jagr was the number one line.

Proof that Gainey doesn't "fall asleep" each offseason. The players just decided they'd rather live in another city for whatever reason. Before asking what those reasons are some fans should take a long, hard look in the mirror.

This right handed sniper with size and leadership qualitys willing to sign single year type contract

was nothing less than a perfect fit for the CH's needs and situation and althought the Shanahan couple

had a commun liking of our province in which they had previously taken holidays on a few occasions,

they still in the end opted out on the option.

His decision might have tipped in favor of NY based on subjective and hockey unrelated factors

but maybe not........maybe IT WAS the prospective of playing on the same line with one of the very

best offensive player in the game.....which almost qarantied a hight fun factor on one hand and

a hight points personal production on the other........which would definetly keep up his value as a yearly unrestricted free agent.

Montreal was propably not a good fit for HIS concerns.......it's not just the Jagr factor but the fact that Montreal was starting the season under a rooki coach with obviously no tracking record on which he could gauge the style in which MTL would be asked to play.......made the proposition a little too

unpredictable for confort.

i heard that he's going to be an ufa this summer... possibililties, non?

GO :hlogo: GO!

Correct shortcat he did sign a one year deal so he is a UFA again this year.

Should the Habs go further than the Rangers maybe Shannhan will change his tune but with how well the young Canadiens are playing I am not sure I would want him stealing ice time from them although he would be a perfect deadline pick up next year if he is on a team unable to make the playoffs.

Correct shortcat he did sign a one year deal so he is a UFA again this year.

Should the Habs go further than the Rangers maybe Shannhan will change his tune but with how well the young Canadiens are playing I am not sure I would want him stealing ice time from them although he would be a perfect deadline pick up next year if he is on a team unable to make the playoffs.

yes... i don't think that i would like the canadiens going after him... the one ufa that i would like to see with the canadiens is ryan smyth (but no breath-holding there at all...)

i heard that he's going to be an ufa this summer... possibililties, non?

He was asked about that, and said that he doesn't want to jump around every year, and would like to re-sign with NYR. I'm sure they'll have him back.

I think your right same deal with Teemu!

No such mention ( wife factor ) was reported in La Presse or the Gazette from the interviews were Shanahan kepted it basically unanswered.

He didn't made up a reason neither did he reveal THE reason,....no matter how candid the interview was it was wise of himself not to mention that NY and Jager had appeared to himself to be the better team of the two and poised to embark on a more successfull season.......which is a perfecly sane and good reason for anyone

to understand yet one that is preferable to keep to yourself and your close ones.

Teemu Selane is a different story........he stated once himself that the CH was on his short list of teams that he had in mind upon returning to the NHL as a free agent but it never was confirmed, as far as I know that

Gainey has ever approached him to make him an offer........for me, unless someone tell me otherwise, Gainey never asked Selane to play for the CH.

If Shanahan is still interested for next season, i'd take him and dump Ryder in a heartbeat.

We're worried about giving up space for our youngsters...well Shanahan can more than fill the boots of ol' Ryder who has 1 skill and 5 liabilities. Not that i want to start a Ryder hate thread, but it's more and more painful to watch him every game. He's a one trick pony and no one wants to admit that we need better on our #1 line.

If Shanahan is still interested for next season, i'd take him and dump Ryder in a heartbeat.

We're worried about giving up space for our youngsters...well Shanahan can more than fill the boots of ol' Ryder who has 1 skill and 5 liabilities. Not that i want to start a Ryder hate thread, but it's more and more painful to watch him every game. He's a one trick pony and no one wants to admit that we need better on our #1 line.

The CH's late successes has much to do with its unconventionnal spread of different talents

throughout the lines.........forget #3, 2, 4 or 1......it doesn't exist anymore if you havent notice.

What has remained unchanged and most relevant to Ryder is the crucial role he plays when use

on our #1 wave during power play.....this is where Ryder is so important to our team......is stellar wrist shot combined with him being right handed playing the off wing on the left side.......is a big part of the reason why our team STILL POSSESSES the most efficient power play in the league.......and consequently the reason why our season is not already over.......if that is not enought for you to appreciate our luck with how well this late draft choice has turned out for us......nothing will ever.

Forget about the negative speen towards him by Houde and Pedneault.......those guys are to imcompetent at their job to be taken seriously.