Familia

Lafleur-Beliveau-Richard

Robinson-Harvey

Roy

since we had the same players heres the second line

cournoyer-lemaire-PR Richard

Savard- chelios

Dryden

Ken Dryden - J.C. Trembley, Chris Chelios - Marc Tardif, Jean Beliveau, Guy Lafleur. Presuming that Trembley, Chelios, and Tardif played their whole careers in Montreal.

I think those are the six most purely talented players at each position to wear the uniform.

Ken Dryden - J.C. Trembley, Chris Chelios - Marc Tardif, Jean Beliveau, Guy Lafleur. Presuming that Trembley, Chelios, and Tardif played their whole careers in Montreal.

I think those are the six most purely talented players at each position to wear the uniform.

Chelios never should have been traded away. Then again, neither should Carbo, or Muller

Seocnd team -

Patrick Roy - Larry Robinson, Rod Langway - Bob Gainey, Guy Carbonneau, Mickey Redmond

Others - Serge Savard, Carol Vadnais, Doug Harvey, Guy Lapointe - Frank Mahovlich, Peter Mahovlich, Maurice Richard, Henri Richard, Rejean Houle, Jacques Lemaire, Gilles Trembley.

Just guessing about the older guys.

Not a bad 22 man roster :hlogo:

Lafleur-Beliveau-Richard

Robinson-Harvey

Roy

agreed... except for the goaltender... either roy or dryden would be great

by the way, as to the defense, i'd even consider chelios or savard too...

GO :hlogo: GO!

Edited by shortcat1

So does dreaming about old men create all this anger in you?

:lol:

you guys should start a trash talk thread in the lounge !!

Chelios never should have been traded away. Then again, neither should Carbo, or Muller

merci mr corey

For Next Season:

Kost - Briere - Ovechkin

Kost: The guy fromour system

Briere: Free agent this summer

Ovechkin: Tired of carrying the Capidulls and comes to play with his hero Markov

Morkov - Chelios

Markov: Our man

Chelios: Wants to finish his career with the best team he ever played with.

Luongo: Comes home...

Perezhogin-Koivu-Ryder

Markov-Komisarek

Higgins-Plekanec-Kostitsyn

Carle-Fischer

Latendresse-Chipchura-Kostitsyn

Emelin-O'Byrne

White-Lapierre-Kovalev

Price

Halak

Coach: Guy Carbonneau

GM: Bob Gainey

The only team in my dreams. :hlogo:

Best team

Beliveau Moore Lafleur

Morenz Shutt Richard

Lemaire Blake Cournoyer

Lach Gainey Geoffrion

Savard Robinson

Harvey Lapointe

Johnson Bouchard

Dryden Roy Plante

Worst Team

Alfie Turcotte Gord Dwyer Randy Mckay

Craig Darby Eric Chouinard Yves Sarault

Eric Houde Jim Cummins Juha Lind

Jim Montgomery Eric Landry Aaron Downey

Baron Kripusoff

Groleau Dirk

Wilkie Laflamme

Racicot Aebischer Richard Sevigny

Best team

Beliveau Moore Lafleur

Morenz Shutt Richard

Lemaire Blake Cournoyer

Lach Gainey Geoffrion

Savard Robinson

Harvey Lapointe

Johnson Bouchard

Dryden Roy Plante

I would make a few changes to this lineup, but otherwise I agree. I would add Sylvio Mantha instead of JOhnson and probably added Jacques Laperriere and made Bouchard my 7th defensman.

And Bert Olmstead needs to be on this team. Not sure how you fit him in but Beliveau and Geoffrion said he was the guy that made their line click.

The only other thing I would have changed would be to add John Ferguson to the team for toughness.

When Chris Chelios retired I'd probably try and make a spot for him as well

I would make a few changes to this lineup, but otherwise I agree. I would add Sylvio Mantha instead of JOhnson and probably added Jacques Laperriere and made Bouchard my 7th defensman.

And Bert Olmstead needs to be on this team. Not sure how you fit him in but Beliveau and Geoffrion said he was the guy that made their line click.

The only other thing I would have changed would be to add John Ferguson to the team for toughness.

Good choices but we need one defensive left winger and it is either Bert or Gainey. Olmstead won cups elsewhere in Toronto for instance. However, he only played on a couple of the habs cups. Jacques Laperrierre was a classic defensive defenceman but he was not rugged nor offensively skilled. Butch Bouchard had the rugged body and was a leader. As for Chelios one cup does not make the grade.

Well if we had an enforcer it would be fergie no doubt about that. I was also wondering how about the big M? Hard to take players like the BIg M Olmstead or Chelios who played a good portion of their careers elsewhere. Patrick Roy may be the exception :hlogo:

Edited by Strummerman

That's the problem when it comes to putting an all time Habs team together - so much talent and so few spots.

You forgot Aurel Joliat and what about Georges Vezina; George Hainsworth; Newsy Lalonde; Kenny Reardon - a tremendous defenceman to say the least.....

man I could ice 3 or 4 teams from this organization with as many good coaches/managers that would skate circles around the rest of the hockey world, night after night!!!!!!

;) Oh man I need a cigarette after that one..... B)

:hlogo: :hockey: :hlogo:

:ghg:

Edited by beliveau1

G.Murray A.Downey M.Lappierre

S.Souray M.Komisarek

HUET!!!!

PRICE!!!!!!!!

.......or Anyone else who fights!!!

We need some grit!!

okay..... :?-

Grit is a wonderful commodity but it is only a small part of the overall team chemistry. Quite frankly that line is a vast waste of Lapierre's talent. It would stunt his growth as a good 2 way player - the type you really need come playoff time! And come playoff time those kind of guys(Downey especially and to some lesser degree Murray) are basically redundant.

Fights may be entertaining and exciting, but they are the difference in very few games if any?

Edited by beliveau1