Avery is a Jerk

JeffHabsFan

Ok, so you know how the 2 kids come out at the beginning of the game with Habs flags, and give a skate around before standing on each side of the Canadiens exit. Well I was at the Rangers game on Tuesday, and Avery went to the Rangers bench before the Habs hit the ice,(there is a door to the bench right there, one of 2 doors I must point out) and actually blocked the kid from waving the Canadiens flag. Now I don't know if this is something that he always does and nobody takes notice anymore. I was sure I would hear something about this, and I haven't so I gotta speak out here.

I know that Avery is what he is, I really don't like the guy but I understand that he's doing his job on the ice, but picking on kids? C'mon, somebody's gotta create some stink about this.

BTW- The kid didn't wave the flag the whole time the Habs were coming out of the dressing room, I don't know if he just scared the kid or it's possible that he said something to him.(you know like "get outta my way kid" being a best case scenario, could've been much worse.)

I would think that the NHL would be against having their players frightening children, I mean really I'm speachless, what can I say?

I do not think he did it on purpose I was there as well. You can be mad at him for being careless but I do not thnk he did it on purpose. I hate the guy as much as you though he is a cheap shot artist anda trurtle but he also is one of the main reasons the Rangers are in a playoff position right now.

I really don't like the man but I love the player. there will always be room for a guy like him on on my team.

I really don't like the man but I love the player. there will always be room for a guy like him on on my team.

There already is a guy like him on our team, in the form of the pesky Lapierre. Boone pointed it out in a game blog last week and I was like "yeah, very true".

I would think that the NHL would be against having their players frightening children, I mean really I'm speachless, what can I say?

The NHL policy on frightening children is clear:

NHL rule book, sec. 264.3 subsection 9.f:

No player shall frighten, scold, dismay, goad, stimulate, or appall anyone who is vulnerable or infirm, including children, organists, and team mascots. On-ice officials are fair game.

Wow!!!

You guys are really generous. I saw it clear as day, I really feel that he did it on purpose. Like I said there are 2 doors to the bench, and he really made a run to get to the bench once the kids did their circle in the habs's zone and returned to have the players get on the ice.

I understand his game, and wouldn't mind him on our team, I'm just saying there's taking things too far.

No player shall frighten, scold, dismay, goad, stimulate, or appall anyone who is vulnerable or infirm, including children, organists, and team mascots. On-ice officials are fair game.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

There already is a guy like him on our team, in the form of the pesky Lapierre. Boone pointed it out in a game blog last week and I was like "yeah, very true".

lapierre will become a pest in this league but I don't if he can be a jerk like lemieux and hunter were

right now, avery would be the closest to those two.

If he starts to fight a little, lapierre could become our darcy tucker and that would be fine by me !!

LOL Avery is eating Colaiacovo and the Leafs alive tonight. He is the player I wanted the Habs to pick up near the deadline. They could really have used a gritty left winger with offensive skill.

LOL Avery is eating Colaiacovo and the Leafs alive tonight. He is the player I wanted the Habs to pick up near the deadline. They could really have used a gritty left winger with offensive skill.

Avery is doing a good job tonight, but I don't think you will ever see Gainey pick up Avery. The city of Montreal will have a heart attack. The guy runs his mouth about French-Canadian players and is the biggest diver/cheap shot artist in the game, him and Tucker.

There's a reason that he is a target every time he plays Montreal as many players head hunt him and also every time he touches the puck he gets booed and receives the "AVERY SUCKS!!" chant. This guy would be a disgrace to play in a Canadiens uniform, I'd rather have Tucker. (Even though I despise him too)

Edited by habsfan88

Heck, maybe he went over and said, "Hey kid, I'll give you 100 bucks to not waive that Habs flag."

LOLLLLLL :lol: if i was the kid i wouldve beaten him up with the flag, welcome to Habs country avery hehe :D

LOLLLLLL :lol: if i was the kid i wouldve beaten him up with the flag, welcome to Habs country avery hehe :D

:D

I feel dirty saying this: thanx for the effort yesterday, sean.......

:puke:

Avery is perfect in New-York, he brings on a show.

Hate him, love him he doesn't care at all. New-Yorkers usually love that in your face arrogant attitude.

Anybody noticed yesterday after the Rags win, all the players go in the middle and salute the fans.

Well they wont be able to do that Thursday but i think it's good for hockey in New York wich is the key for NHL success in USA.

Happy that "A-very" was very good against the Laughers. But lets hope thats it for the season. A loss the NYI on tuesday and a loss to us on Thursday would be nice. And if "A-Very" annoying avery get loads of penalties and puts on the powerplay that would be fine too.

GO avery GO!

Edited by Chips

when it involves the Laffs - He's my best friend in spite of almost anything he might have done :clap::wub::wub::clap:

Edited by beliveau1

if avery was on my team, i'd be a bit more patient with him...

GO :hlogo: GO!

Horse-puckey!!!

Explain how Bobby Holik had an NHL career!