Who's your hoped-for 1st round picks for the Canadiens?

shortcat1

Now that we know that Montreal will pick 12th, who would you like them to pick at those positions? Or, do you have any suggestions as to how to improve the situation and, in such a scenario, who would you like to see pick ed then?

If we stay 12th, I hope we still get to pick ANGELO ESPOSITO :D:D:D:D but, if not, I'm not sure yet... I'll have to think about it since I'm pretty focused on Esposito.

As to some possible pick trades, here's what I would like to see:

I hope that Montreal switches 1st picks w/ St. Louis and, as above, takes ANGELO ESPOSITO with the pick. I know that he's pegged as being inconsistent & lazy but he's got talent oozing out the pores. With the proper guidance, he could be a major boom or, agt worst, a minor bust (therefore average 2nd line) player. He's well worth the risk. The other part of that deal would be that Montreal would give St. Louis a second round pick (and/or a third rounder) as compensation.

Now, with the San Jose pick (after they get bumped out in the 1st round :huh: ), I hope that Montreal picks AKIM ALIU :D:D . I know he's got some character issues but he'll grow up and he's a bigger tougher version of Steve Downie... Would be a great compliment to Latendresse.

GO :hlogo: GO!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that we know that Montreal will pick 12th, who would you like them to pick at those positions? Or, do you have any suggestions as to how to improve the situation and, in such a scenario, who would you like to see pick ed then?

If we stay 12th, I hope we still get to pick ANGELO ESPOSITO :D:D:D:D but, if not, I'm not sure yet... I'll have to think about it since I'm pretty focused on Esposito.

As to some possible pick trades, here's what I would like to see:

I hope that Montreal switches 1st picks w/ St. Louis and, as above, takes ANGELO ESPOSITO with the pick. I know that he's pegged as being inconsistent & lazy but he's got talent oozing out the pores. With the proper guidance, he could be a major boom or, agt worst, a minor bust (therefore average 2nd line) player. He's well worth the risk. The other part of that deal would be that Montreal would give St. Louis a second round pick (and/or a third rounder) as compensation.

Now, with the San Jose pick (after they get bumped out in the 1st round :huh: ), I hope that Montreal picks AKIM ALIU :D:D . I know he's got some character issues but he'll grow up and he's a bigger tougher version of Steve Downie... Would be a great compliment to Latendresse.

why the hell would we want to WASTE a first round pick on a "Aaron Downey" type????

Not sold on Angelo. I watched him all year here in CB and he's very soft. He's not very strong on the puck, and easily overpowered....even by guys the same size. I hope they have a big, fast, strong guy lined up somewhere....anyone know James Sheppard? That's the kind of prospect we need

Everything I hear about Angelo reminds me of what I used to hear about Ribs. Young Montrealer with tons of talent. The BEST possible place for this kid to develop will be as FAR from montreal as possible. Put this "potential superstar" from montreal in our hockey crazy town and not only will he develop an attitude, he will get a serious case of the St-Catherines crotch-rot :P

All I am saying is Id rather go for the 6'3", 207 lb Akim Aliu (the guy who refused to submit to hazing in his first season with sudbury and got in a fight with "superstar" Downie) This kid as size, talent and most importantly...INTEGRITY. He wont be ready to go this season, but a couple of seasons in Hamilton and this kid will do great things.

Everything I hear about Angelo reminds me of what I used to hear about Ribs. Young Montrealer with tons of talent. The BEST possible place for this kid to develop will be as FAR from montreal as possible. Put this "potential superstar" from montreal in our hockey crazy town and not only will he develop an attitude, he will get a serious case of the St-Catherines crotch-rot :P

All I am saying is Id rather go for the 6'3", 207 lb Akim Aliu (the guy who refused to submit to hazing in his first season with sudbury and got in a fight with "superstar" Downie) This kid as size, talent and most importantly...INTEGRITY. He wont be ready to go this season, but a couple of seasons in Hamilton and this kid will do great things.

Yes, I'd also be happy with Aliu. And for the record, the hazing did not take place in Sudbury, it happend in Windsor. He was then traded to Sudbury. :)

And...

GO WOLVES GO

Not sold on Angelo. I watched him all year here in CB and he's very soft. He's not very strong on the puck, and easily overpowered....even by guys the same size. I hope they have a big, fast, strong guy lined up somewhere....anyone know James Sheppard? That's the kind of prospect we need

If only we had a crystal ball or tea leaves. Angelo has stated his desire to come to Montreal. If Bob trades down he'll likely have to give up our 12th & 26th pick to get Gagner or whoever - maybe...maybe. :?- :?- :?-

The 24th (New Jersey) or the 26th (San Jose) is our 2nd pick. Not sure which one because SJ had already acquired a 1st from NJ. I'm not sure which San Jose pick we received. Anyone know? I'll take 24th :D

There are about 3 draft pick threads on the go already, do we need another?

Granted...

but then this one is based on the idea that we KNOW that Montreal has the 12th pick overall... not anywhere from 12th to 24th.

This gives a whole new and more to-the-point perspective as we try to assess exactly who could be picked at that spot or what kind of deal could be made to move up.

If we were picking 20th & 24th there wouldn't be much to work with in the hopes of moving up to get Alzner or Gagné or whoever else would be of more value (Kane or Voracek?)

There you go...

By the way, H29R, Akim Aliu isn't an Aaron Downey type. He's got tons more talent along with the grit. The only problem I may have with him is that we already have a bunch of wingers. This would be one more who'd end up bottle-necking. But then again, with his package he's still a well worthy shot.

Edited by shortcat1

If you just read one of the other threads in the PROSPECTS SECTION, you would know all the details of where the Habs draft and how much those picks are likely to be worth in trade. :rolleyes: It's bothersome when new threads are started on old topics, because all of the information there has to be rehashed and the same questions get asked over and over again.

I like his attitude regarding the hazing, but can he play?

why the hell would we want to WASTE a first round pick on a "Aaron Downey" type????

He said a Steve Downie type.

I also see a comparison between Ribeiro and Esposito. I would love to have Sam Gagner fall to us though.

I really hope that we get a good Dman with our first pick. I know we have fischer but is he really a top two D ??

Considering that this year is supposed to be a "crapshoot," I hope we come away with the best player in the draft.

apperently the first round will be good but it's not as deep in the later rounds.

like in 02, we got a great player in hiigins in the 1st round and got Milroy in the second. I think we should expect something like that this year.

still, I have great confindence in timmins and his gang.

I have been saying Voracek for months, but since Philly will get him at #2 (Kane will go first) and barring a trade we don't pick til 12th, I would take Colton Gillies or Akim Aliu. Both would be nice!

PLEASE AVOID ESPOSITO!!! he reminds me too much of Ribeiro

I guess I should have read the first page of this thread before posting.....we all think he is another Ribeiro

Edited by Habitforming

I have been saying Voracek for months, but since Philly will get him at #2 (Kane will go first) and barring a trade we don't pick til 12th, I would take Colton Gillies or Akim Aliu. Both would be nice!

PLEASE AVOID ESPOSITO!!! he reminds me too much of Ribeiro

I guess I should have read the first page of this thread before posting.....we all think he is another Ribeiro

I'm more afraid that he truns out to be an éric chouinard. ribeiro is at least an NHL player.

one scout said in the hockey news that he thought esposito would be another Alexandre Daigle :puke:

I'm curious about Joakim Andersonn, anybody knows anything about him. I know he's rather well built and he's the son of former NHLer niklas andersonn.