Bulldogs vs Hershey --- Finals Game #5 --- 7/06/07

KoZed

I'm so overjoyed by this win; so overwhelmed by this team in Hamilton. I have no words to describe my feelings.

Go DOGS GO! Go HABS GO!

Can anyone here just imagine what next year will be like for us! The habs will have loads of options to trade or graduate and improve our roster. Then don't forget the next batch of extremely talented kids joining the Dogs for next season and those that will remain for another year of development. With this kind of solid foundation we are in for some exciting times in the future for DOGS and HABS. And all this is happening just in time for our 100 year celebration in Montreal.

Nevertheless, I will not get too far ahead of this success. Its time to enjoy this moment and celebrate what has been a very difficult year for both the habs and dogs who have battled in many ways to make a go of this season. Its made this win that much more sweeter.

I also respectfully disagree that this current dogs team has no stars. Granted Price is a superstar and will go on in his career to prove that but we also have others like Chips, Laps, Locke, Grabs, ####, O'bryne, D'Ags.. just to name a few and each of them have proven that it does take a team to make a champion but those lessons that have molded them and shaped them, have turned them into stars, the proof is in winning championships (those who cannot see stars when champions are born, never will). And you can count on them taking that star player mentality to the next level. I'm proud of our team of stars and superstars they are and will be in my books Champions always!

GO DOGS GO GO DOGS GO GO HABS GO!

Edited by Chips

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:unsure:

where was it - ah yes......

He choked. No ifs, ands, or buts. 6 goals in 2 periods and then he was pulled. 3 of those goals happened within the space of a couple of minutes. That was the final and biggest game of his junior career. There is no excuse.
:o

YEAH RIGHT HE CHOKED..... :wacko:

[and my reply would have been a couple of photos that say a thousand words each!!!!! - but it won't accept the URL for the photos? :angry:]

p.s. Gainey said somewhere that they wouldn't keep him at the NHL if he isn't going to be the number 1 goalie - good!

I hope they don't rush him as he probably needs some time in the AHL. Patience is a virtue.....

Edited by beliveau1

I'd package Huet with some other players (Ryder, Samsonov, Kovalev ... or anyone else we don't necessarily want ... but others do) for some help at D and possibly a good center ... or a great prospect.

If Price starts in Hamilton, I don't think that he will need a full year there.

Also, since Huet has so much value now, we may as well take advantage of it.

Huet does not have a lot of value he got hurt this year and is still yet to play a full nhl season as a starter.

Also why not keep a great goalie in a contract year. Gainey I believe will wiat till Christmas to weigh his options.

:unsure:

where was it - ah yes......

:o

YEAH RIGHT HE CHOKED..... :wacko:

[and my reply would have been a couple of photos that say a thousand words each!!!!! - but it won't accept the URL for the photos? :angry: ]

p.s. Gainey said somewhere that they wouldn't keep him at the NHL if he isn't going to be the number 1 goalie - good!

I hope they don't rush him as he probably needs some time in the AHL. Patience is a virtue.....

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I was thinking the exact same thing last night.

I agree about not rushing Price though. I say start him as the number one in Hamilton and then go from there.

Watching clips of the game and celebration, you kinda get really happy for guys like Baines and Manlow, old career AHLers like that for whom the Calder Cup is probably the biggest championship they'll ever win. Thats a great win for those vets.

Little Kots.

What a horrible nickname :puke: Sounds like crib, or little itsy bitsy baby bed. Or even worse, little Welcome back Kotter

WBK01.JPG