Price may change everything....

hankhab

Yea, i'm assuming by Xmas the D will be signifcantly better. By better i mean the garbage out. If this team has the same D as last year you may need all 3 goalies to play as much rubber as those guys see.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah that resume will do him well when he is shopping around the ahl looking for a backup job. Go ahead post up the rosters for the last few years or so and we will have a look. I am not gonna read too much into it because the habs havnt been any more or less impressive over the last 10 years. It always seems to be 6, 7, 8th place maybe a round or two in the playoffs. Nothing amazing here.

If memory serves me that upset began when Koivu returned from his cancer treatment and i'd say it is more about him seeing as how the team changes 180' when he shows. Theo was a flash in the pan Huet is the real deal, it amazes me how long it takes to realize it.

For what it's worth, Pierre Mcguire doesn't believe in Huet, and he claims neither do most scouts. You've gotta prove it over the long haul of the season, which Huet has never done. Ya, he got injured, but what's troubling to me is his level of play seemed to drop before his injury. For many, the jury is still out on Huet. Don't be so "amazed" by the questions, he wasn't exactly a blue-chip prospect coming up the ranks.

Yea, i'm assuming by Xmas the D will be signifcantly better. By better i mean the garbage out. If this team has the same D as last year you may need all 3 goalies to play as much rubber as those guys see.

Price has that Superstar quality. When you see a guy play and you know he is going to be a star.

Everybody is worried about rushing him and ruining him. It is not going to happen.

This kid was thrown into the fire in the AHL and looked like he was bored and dominated the Playoffs.

He has unbelievable lateral quicks is positionally sound, handles the puck like Turco and Brodeur and his demeanor is so cool that his teammates wonder if he is even up for the game.

I was skeptical about throwing my hopes behind this kid, but after this year I believe.

For what it's worth, Pierre Mcguire doesn't believe in Huet, and he claims neither do most scouts. You've gotta prove it over the long haul of the season, which Huet has never done. Ya, he got injured, but what's troubling to me is his level of play seemed to drop before his injury. For many, the jury is still out on Huet. Don't be so "amazed" by the questions, he wasn't exactly a blue-chip prospect coming up the ranks.

Huet's stamina concerns me as well.

He is the first goalie that I have ever seen get physically tired and run out of gas in a 60 minute game. It has happened a half dozen times.

I have seen goalies play 3-4 OTs 0r 60 shot games and not be gassed like he has been.

I would be very happy with a 41/41 split with him and Price next season. Price gets his break and Huet stays fresh with a reduced workload

Edited by Wamsley01

There are two scenarios in my opinion:

One, Huet will be the starter and Halak the backup. The team won't want to rush Price and will let him get a full professional season under his belt.

Two, Price will be the starter and Halak the backup. Price will impress the team so much that they'll have no other choice but to hand him the starting job. In this scenario, the Habs won't want to spend nearly 3 million on a backup, so Huet will be shipped out. Also, trading Huet would help ease Price's cap hit of 2.2 million.

Yeah, Huet is the real deal. He has proven that he can win a playoff series, He has proven that he can take a load of more than 42 games in a season. He has proven what again?

Who cares if Theo is out of the league. The statement was that Huet is the best habs goalie since Patrick Roy.

Theo's resume WHILE WITH THE CANADIENS proves otherwise.

Theo's credentials far outweigh Huet's.

Theodore

1 Vezina, 1 Hart, 1 Crozier award, 2 playoff victories, 11 playoff wins, 2 All-Star games

Huet

1 Crozier award, 2 playoff wins, 1 All-Star game

Theodore is one of only 2 goalies in the last 45 years to win the MVP award. Not Brodeur, not Roy, not Luongo, not Fuhr. Jose Theodore.

Theodore had a +.900 SV% in 5 of his last 6 seasons in Montreal and averaged 22 Wins per year. He also posted season's of a GAA of 2.10/2.57/2.11/2.27

Huet has a 19 win season and an 18 win season in his 2 years and a 2.20 GAA and a 2.81.

And go back and watch the 2002 series with the Bruins and tell me that Theo did not win that series. He was unbelievable! Montreal won game 5 by the score 2-1 and were outshot 44-13

http://hockeynut.com/0102/playoffs2002/box...es/bosmon5.html

and then won game 6 and were outshot 35-18

http://hockeynut.com/0102/playoffs2002/box...es/bosmon6.html

So your opinion of Huet being better is exactly that .... an uninformed OPINION.

Most of this means nothing to me seeing as how Theo couldn't beg his way onto a team nowadays. At his best he was good, at his worst he was miserable. Did he show up in a few games? absolutly, thats what streaky fluke goalies do. But his luck ran out and his true skill level showed up.

The fact he won a MVP award says more about the judging of the award than it does of that hack. Huet is a solid goalie, with a higher level of skill. Just because a goalie gets hot and plays well for a short amount of time does not indicate true skill, it's flawed.

I bet Colorado was overjoyed to get him only to find out this glorious vezina winner would drag their team into oblivion. Ask ANY L.A fan what their worst move was in the last few years and if Huet doesn't bring a tear to their eye they are out of their mind. But yes your bland statistical rhetoric is very inspiring. :lol:

And as for Pierre MaGuire, well anyone named "Pierre" is suspect.

Most of this means nothing to me seeing as how Theo couldn't beg his way onto a team nowadays. At his best he was good, at his worst he was miserable. Did he show up in a few games? absolutly, thats what streaky fluke goalies do. But his luck ran out and his true skill level showed up.

The fact he won a MVP award says more about the judging of the award than it does of that hack. Huet is a solid goalie, with a higher level of skill. Just because a goalie gets hot and plays well for a short amount of time does not indicate true skill, it's flawed.

I bet Colorado was overjoyed to get him only to find out this glorious vezina winner would drag their team into oblivion. Ask ANY L.A fan what their worst move was in the last few years and if Huet doesn't bring a tear to their eye they are out of their mind. But yes your bland statistical rhetoric is very inspiring. :lol:

And as for Pierre MaGuire, well anyone named "Pierre" is suspect.

Like I said. You are stating opinions based on conjecture. My statistical rhetoric may be uninspiring to you, but that is because they do not support your hate.

Your arguments against Theodore can be turned around and used on Huet.

Just because a goalie gets hot and plays well for a short amount of time does not indicate true skill, it's flawed.

lol that could not be used by others to describe Huet?

You are a hater. Simple as that.

Until Huet plays more than 42 games and wins a playoff series it is all inane ramblings by you.

Edited by Wamsley01