Higgins and Komisarek sign 2 year deals.

Tony

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good vibes surrounding this team this summer. Get everyone in the tank so we can start focusing on winning a cup.

Bummer about Souray still not signing. Fate will lead the habs the right way......I don't blame Souray for going the money route. It's his right at this point in his career to grab more dough if it's available somewhere else.

Go HAbs Go

Is it September yet?

Nice to hear. Good singing with Komisarek. That seems very reasonable. Hopefully they'll come together on a longer term sometime next year. Maybe a 4 year deal.

I imagine the Higgins contract must be around $4 to $4.5 Million total.

Awesome news. Hopefully the Emelin signing is just around the corner.

Nice to hear. Good singing with Komisarek. That seems very reasonable. Hopefully they'll come together on a longer term sometime next year. Maybe a 4 year deal.

I imagine the Higgins contract must be around $4 to $4.5 Million total.

Awesome news. Hopefully the Emelin signing is just around the corner.

I doubt it. How many points did he have last year? He gets a lot of goals (22 last year, 23 in his first year), but his assists aren't that many... only 16 I think, so even with his goals, he's under 40 points last year... He's one of my favourite habs, but is 38 points worth over 2 million a year?? To me, 1.5 a year is good for him, or am I being stingy??

I doubt it. How many points did he have last year? He gets a lot of goals (22 last year, 23 in his first year), but his assists aren't that many... only 16 I think, so even with his goals, he's under 40 points last year... He's one of my favourite habs, but is 38 points worth over 2 million a year?? To me, 1.5 a year is good for him, or am I being stingy??

No sounds about right 1.5-1.8

That's going to be one big payday for Komisarek in 2009 when he becomes a UFA. I would've paid a higher rate now just to get him for 2 years past that date. That Allen deal comes to mind... Komi is our defensive rock.

2 years for Higgins is fine. He'll still have one more year of RFA at the end of that deal.

One positive is that in 2 years, Kovalev, Dandenault, Bouillon, and Samsonov's buyout (if he is bought out) will all be off the books so there will be a lot of money for those 2. Even Koivu will be up for a new contract then.

Gainey's definitely lining up for 2009. I like his confidence. And I do like that he got these 2 deals done before the draft. Hopefully decisions regarding Ryder and Plekanec don't drag on much longer, either.