The Official TV Thread

jetsniper

-Chuck has been good too but man, the way too obvious product placement is downright embarassing. From last nights episode for example

I remember there was a couple really bad ones for Call of Duty 4 and Guitar Hero last week as well.

It was like that last year too. There were always Wii boxes on display and sometimes even on demo screens. Nothing new.

It was like that last year too. There were always Wii boxes on display and sometimes even on demo screens. Nothing new.

I never said it was new, just something I finally pointed out. It's been getting more and more obvious though.

• 1 month later...

It's "Dexter Time". Anyone who watches the television show - Beware as this conversation is going to include spoliers. I will type in spoiler font so people won't inadvertantly see spolier info. I am writing this at the conclusion of episode 9 - Season 3.

I loved how in episode 9 (About Last Night) how Dexter starts to realize just who or what kind of monster Miguel Prado truly is. I love the scene where he has a dream sequence of him getting angry and literally throwing a tantrum. Dexter got truly angry - maybe for the 1st time.

Discuss?

• 3 weeks later...

Not so much a TV show as a TV series...

I'm getting close to the end of Death Note, has anybody seen that? 37 twenty minute episodes, most of them are on youtube. I don't watch anime, but this is far better than any other anime (movie or show) that I've ever seen. If it's anything, I'd call it a mix of Dexter and Dead Like Me.

When my GF was home expecting ur 1st child she saw the whole 24 series, and seinfelds, and curb your enthousiasm, 6 feet under, Dexter, desperate house wife...

any suggestion for a new series she can rent ??

When my GF was home expecting ur 1st child she saw the whole 24 series, and seinfelds, and curb your enthousiasm, 6 feet under, Dexter, desperate house wife...

Fraggle Rock?

My girlfriend is a fan "Pushing Daisies." I've caught a few episodes... it's a little weird. And congrats on the 2nd child?

Anyone here watch Doctor Who? I catch it when I can. It's a fun series. I liked Christopher Eccleston as The Doctor in season 1, but David Tennant plays it well.

Fraggle Rock?

:lol:

My girlfriend is a fan "Pushing Daisies." I've caught a few episodes... it's a little weird. And congrats on the 2nd child?

What a weird way to announce a 2nd child... is it ?? :P

Edit : oh never mind, just noticed the following posts... Congrats !!!

Edited by JoeLassister

What a weird way to announce a 2nd child... is it ?? :P

Edit : oh never mind, just noticed the following posts... Congrats !!!

I didn't you to be too excited so I toned it down a bit !! :lol:

Merci !!

so I guess I t's goodbye to the family channel next year :wacko:

Fraggle Rock?

If they ever get on DVD I,ll probably bye one to my son, if he doesn't like it I know I,ll enjoy !!

• 1 month later...

Since it's bumped, might as well post:

Chuck has maintained my love and I hope it isn't cut. NBC is giving the 10 PM timeslot to Jay Leno, so it's gonna make it even tougher for current shows to make the cut for next year.

Heroes has definitely regained momentum, it's been better than last year.

Fringe hasn't lost any steam, I really like it.

Lost has been fantastic this year.

24 has been better than last season (2 years ago) as well.

Since it's bumped, might as well post:

Chuck has maintained my love and I hope it isn't cut. NBC is giving the 10 PM timeslot to Jay Leno, so it's gonna make it even tougher for current shows to make the cut for next year.

Heroes has definitely regained momentum, it's been better than last year.

Fringe hasn't lost any steam, I really like it.

Lost has been fantastic this year.

24 has been better than last season (2 years ago) as well.

According to the numbers I've heard:

Heroes, lagging still

Fringe, slightly picking up

The writing on Heroes is terrible, they're all over the place. Loeb shouldn't of been let go, that was the wrong move. The characters all have zero clue how to use their abilities, it's actually kind of amusing. If they'd kept their original intention of making it like the X-Men then it wouldn't be so bad but they went off on so many different tangents that they had to reboot the entire thing. It kind of pisses me off because the first season was one of the best shows I've ever seen.

Fringe I thought was ridiculously boring, I went 3 episodes and couldn't go anymore.

The Office and 30 Rock, still the best two shows on television even though The Office is starting to have some misses now. Chuck gets better every episode, last night especially was really good. Terminator got moved to freakin Fridays so I'm gonna have to dl and watch Tuesdays or give up on it. It's great though and erased Terminator 3 (yaaaaay) so I'll find a way to keep watching it.

And Dollhouse debuted last week. Horrible show and barring Buffy/Firefly, Joss Whedon is incredibly overrated. Can't stand him, he raped the hell out of the X-Men when he wrote for them.

The writing on Heroes is terrible, they're all over the place. Loeb shouldn't of been let go, that was the wrong move. The characters all have zero clue how to use their abilities, it's actually kind of amusing. If they'd kept their original intention of making it like the X-Men then it wouldn't be so bad but they went off on so many different tangents that they had to reboot the entire thing. It kind of pisses me off because the first season was one of the best shows I've ever seen.

Fringe I thought was ridiculously boring, I went 3 episodes and couldn't go anymore.

The Office and 30 Rock, still the best two shows on television even though The Office is starting to have some misses now. Chuck gets better every episode, last night especially was really good. Terminator got moved to freakin Fridays so I'm gonna have to dl and watch Tuesdays or give up on it. It's great though and erased Terminator 3 (yaaaaay) so I'll find a way to keep watching it.

And Dollhouse debuted last week. Horrible show and barring Buffy/Firefly, Joss Whedon is incredibly overrated. Can't stand him, he raped the hell out of the X-Men when he wrote for them.

Dollhouse tanked. Terminator got a series low audience on Friday, I think.

Dollhouse tanked. Terminator got a series low audience on Friday, I think.

Not surprised, moving a show to Friday will kill it everytime. Most people probably didn't even know it got moved.

I read an article though that Dollhouse did better then expected.

Just searched it again, now all the articles say Dollhouse didn't do well. The one I read was on Saturday though so those were probably just really early numbers.

Edited by jetsniper

The series premiere of Joss Whedon's "Dollhouse" was seen by 4.7 million viewers Friday night and garnered a 2.0 preliminary adults 18-49 rating and 6 share. It was beaten in the 9 p.m. hour by ABC's "Supernanny" (6.1 million viewers, 2.2/7) and is the lowest-rated scripted series premiere on a major broadcast network this season aside from NBC's now-defunct "Crusoe."

"Terminator" came in third place in {its}hour and hit a series low (by like 27%).

Really excited where Lost is heading. It's nearly matching season one as far as consistently good television goes.

Got into a few shows recently, Dexter and It's always sunny in Philadelphia are both great. Also a big fan of Big Bang Theory.

Scrubs has also been awesome and has me wanting another season.

Gave up on 24, too much repetition from previous seasons.

Scrubs has also been awesome and has me wanting another season.

Gave up on 24, too much repetition from previous seasons.

Yeah, Scrubs has gotten back to its roots. Not as much outrageously silly stuff this season, with a more serious overall tone that makes the funny stuff even funnier. When I first heard that they were considering continuing the show without Zach Braff, I pretty much wanted to cry. Meeting the new interns, though, and I think I might actually enjoy a spin-off. If you haven't already, you should check out the Interns webisodes online, they're pretty good.

While I have liked 24, I will admit it's nothing new. I would enjoy a season with a totally outside threat without a single mole. Now THAT would be a shocker!