Dandenault in danger of losing his job?

Jean

I belong to your oppenents on this. 2 years ago (before his injury) he was VERY GOOD defensively, giving big body checks, a crowd pleaser (the Darcy Tucker thing), and his first pass is almost always good. Last year though, he was awful, but i'm confident i might be the Habs player who will increase his game the most this year (maybe with Plex or Kost). IMHO, he could be a VERY decent 6th Dman.

MFT77, i honestly don't see which games you saw saying he's constantly beaten one on one, do you means against Jagr and Crosby ???

Not sure of the specific games, i watched about 70 of the games last year, but what i meant was down low in the zone it seems his one-on-one coverage was very poor as it seemed he was losing his check. Sometimes bad positioning and other times just from being too small, being 200lbs for a 5'8'' man is great and all but gets outmuscled too often. As a 7th or spare d-man i don't mind him, but he does make too much for that. If the Habs are to stregthen their d-corps he has to go!

I just want to chime in and emphasize that last season was far from representative of what Bouillon can do. Yes, I realize that he's not a top-4 defender (except on a good night). What I'm saying is: let's not allow last year's bad, injury-plagued season to obscure his modest virtues. Does he struggle down low with big attackers? Yup. Is he as bad as he showed last year? Not by a country mile. He's Dandy with more toughness, flair and inspirational value. So he outranks Dandy in my book.

This Dandy situation ties in this article:

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20070912...5128/CPSPORTS01

Basically, Carbo sets an internal challenge between vets and rookies. The Habs monitor the development of their kids much more scrupulously now than they used to from the late 80's to 2000.

Last year they brought in 3 rookies who were all on the final roster by the regular season's end. Lapierre, Halak and Kostitsyn. Did they wanted to use them in the playoffs? As little as possible, they all had pass the grade. Halak was sent to the WC so Price could get more experience as fast as possible, which in turn also gave Halak more experience on a level closer to the NHL. Kosti was injured but could definitely have played. But not need to screw up his summer by having to start healing in june rather than in april. That would also give another kid more experience by keeping the vacant spot. If I recall it was Urqhart from the ECHL that got the spot when Kosty was called up.

Anyways... All that shows the Habs want their kids to come up as fast but as sound as possible by giving them not only more ice-time; but also to keep them challenged when they're getting too good for their level.

This camp is in the same line. There's as many spots available as rookies can take. But they have to actually take it.

The thing with Dandy is a bit weird. Because I remember reading a story not long ago about Dandy training with the rookies in outside facilities. Draw your own conclusions. Either Dandy already knew he was on the brink of losing his job; or he's been told to help the rookies; or there's a mix-up of stories somewhere

The thing with Dandy is a bit weird. Because I remember reading a story not long ago about Dandy training with the rookies in outside facilities. Draw your own conclusions. Either Dandy already knew he was on the brink of losing his job; or he's been told to help the rookies; or there's a mix-up of stories somewhere

The two are unrelated. Dandy's a pro, he knows what it takes to make it to the NHL. He was around, and came by for a workout. He knows the fitness level he needs to be at his peak.

If his peak isn't good enough anymore, he's going to be challenged for a job no matter how hard he's working.

I like Dandy. He's our best d-man for picking his spots to pinch. And he's fast enough to get back if the pinch doesn't work. I don't know why we don't activate our D on the rush more often to open up our offensive attack, Markov rarely does this now after doing it fairly well when he was younger.

He, too, struggled last year working his way back from injury. Since his most frequently used partner also was in the same situation, it didn't help.

It should be a good battle for the last few spots. Obviously, Dandy is battling Streit & Breezy primarily, since both Streit and him can play forward and Breezy plays his side (RH side). Everyone talks about Streit's versatility, but Dandy is the same way. He just wasn't used as a forward much by Carbonneau at all. Maybe this year the roles will be reversed between Streit and Dandy.

Not that this weighs on the realistic issue at hand, but EA's NHL 08 has Streit listed as an F where he was listed as D last year. So maybe Dandy won't be competing against Streit for a D position. :D

God Brisebois is a "lock" now? :puke:

Go easy Marble I think Breezer will prove us wrong this year. You will be cheering him on this year........Remember he really isn't that bad, and his role is going to be small. I see success for him. As for Dandy.......he's invisible and not in a good way. I would take Breezer over Dandy because he is getting a fresh start with a team he loves, incentives, and most of all the desire to prove something. Can't say that for Dandy.

Go easy Marble I think Breezer will prove us wrong this year. You will be cheering him on this year........Remember he really isn't that bad, and his role is going to be small. I see success for him. As for Dandy.......he's invisible and not in a good way. I would take Breezer over Dandy because he is getting a fresh start with a team he loves, incentives, and most of all the desire to prove something. Can't say that for Dandy.

wooo boy...

Here we go already...

Brisebois Injured

It's already starting to look a little less congested. Anyone want to bet he doesn't play a game for the Habs this year?? :blink:

"Defenceman Patrice Brisebois failed his medical due to a groin injury. He will not take part in on-ice sessions that begin Friday and will be re-evaluated in one week." -- TSN confirmation

Well, he's probably going to play this season but I don't think realistically he can withstand 82 games - maybe something like 40-50.

Actually, Streit was a forward on the roster update. ^_^

For 07? The last roster update I got was at the trade deadline, and he was still listed as a D.

For Brisebois the less games he plays the less we pay him.

Almost a good thing that he is hurt before the season begins, i mean he is a

insurance policy.

As for Dandenault, if he plays with Hammer he will look better than he is and that is good for his trade value.

I don't like how he misses every oppurtunity of scoring when he rush, sure he is back in time

but then what? he throws the puck in the stands because he can't make a pass tape to tape.

I personally prefer Bouillon to Dandenault any day.

secondly i think we should put youngster with hamrlik as his experience needs to be shared...i'd like to see OByrne with him....depending on what kind of camps he has.

I'm a bit confused about Gorges, he's still a young defensemen but how good will he exactly become? We arent hearing much about him at the moment...

We might need Dandy after all.

Brisebois failed his medical due to a groin injury and will not be on the ice when training camp opens on friday.

He will be re-evaluated in one week.

:angry:

there is also a rumor that Boivin called the airport and asked to be notified of all flights for anyone named "Brisebois" :P:D

Edited by Habitforming

Defenceman Patrice Brisebois failed his medical due to a groin injury. He will not take part in on-ice sessions that begin Friday and will be re-evaluated in one week. - TSN i guess he might keep his job for a while