Game Thread | Montreal vs. Toronto| 10/06/07

Spider-Man NL

I certainly hope our boys play the whole game tonight, because we'll need to to beat TO. The Leafs are hungry for a win, and they're at home. We need to hit them early on to make life easier. Toronto tends to dwindle in effort as the game progresses.

We can win this! GO HABS GO!!!

Also, let's stay out of the box... TO owned us on the PP last year.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course this game is on CBC. It involves the Leafs.

You know - "Canada's Team." Beloved of Don Cherry, Ron MacLean, and Bob ('José Thibodeau') Cole. Lest you be filled with anxiety about missing a single second of the doings of a hockey club that has been a paragon of mediocrity since 1970, I can assure you that a Leafs-Columbus game with nothing at stake in the standings would be seen by CBC brass as a higher priority than some super-important Habs or Senators game; just as the retirement of Boom Boom Geffrion's number obviously warranted a back seat to Tie Domi. :puke:

I for one am certainly glad to know that my tax dollars are going to support a public broadcaster who has unilaterally declared the Toronto Maple Leafs to be principal concern of all Canadian hockey fans. It's only reasonable that we pump public money into what private broadcasters would be more than happy to do at no public expense, namely, serve as a glorified Leafs cheering section. Otherwise we might have something sensible, such as, say, a weekly rotation between Habs, leafs, and Sens games. Lord knows we wouldn't want that.

You know - "Canada's Team." Beloved of Don Cherry, Ron MacLean, and Bob ('José Thibodeau') Cole. Lest you be filled with anxiety about missing a single second of the doings of a hockey club that has been a paragon of mediocrity since 1970, I can assure you that a Leafs-Columbus game with nothing at stake in the standings would be seen by CBC brass as a higher priority than some super-important Habs or Senators game; just as the retirement of Boom Boom Geffrion's number obviously warranted a back seat to Tie Domi. :puke:

I for one am certainly glad to know that my tax dollars are going to support a public broadcaster who has unilaterally declared the Toronto Maple Leafs to be principal concern of all Canadian hockey fans. It's only reasonable that we pump public money into what private broadcasters would be more than happy to do at no public expense, namely, serve as a glorified Leafs cheering section. Otherwise we might have something sensible, such as, say, a weekly rotation between Habs, leafs, and Sens games. Lord knows we wouldn't want that.

I couldn't agree more.

I want to hear CBC broadcasters say "Montreal has Won" and then listen to DON CHERRY make up an excuse to why we won.

I wouldn't be too excited if I were you... get ready for the worst one sided (leafs of corse) biased brodcast in the world

Three words "get RDS HD"

how do I get it? I don't think I can out here.

Of course its against the Leafs. How many times have we sort of gone through this? Habs games used to be on Radio-Canada so all Leaf games were on CBC. CBC didn't have to do Habs games because RC did it. Now they have to and have acknowledged they've been too Toronto centric. now that the leafs are on a downward trend.

Two things before the puck drop

I DESPISE the pink "jerseys"

and being about as unpatriotic as you can get, a national anthem is not a damn cover song, don't rearrange it. Sing it as it was written.

well that's why I was so confused. Ah fk the pheads scored