Your least favorite teams

Cataclaw

I'm sure a thread like this one existed at one point or another, but i can't seem to find it, so here goes :lol:

What are your least favorite teams, in order, and why?

1. Toronto - Self evident - I was born in Montreal, so a genetic predesposition obliges me to hate the Laffs with the fury of a category 5 hurricane. Speaking of hurricanes...

2. Carolina - Not just for the playoffs 2 years ago and not just because of Williams on Koivu. I don't like Laviolette, and i don't like Brind'Amour's attitude on and off the ice. Same goes with Staal and Ward.

3. Pittsburgh - I think Crosby is OK, and maybe Talbot too. I don't like Armstrong at all. Even something about his face rubs me the wrong way. I loved Lemieux, but his team.. i don't know, i just can't stand them.

Dishonorable mention: Tampa Bay and Buffalo

Toronto (though they can be fun to watch and play against), Carolina and Islanders (because they're so damn boring). I don't hate these teams though, maybe not even Toronto.

Evident top 3 :

3. Caroline for the whole bunch of Brind'Amour, Cole, Ward, Williams, Whitney, Staal and for Koivu's eye.

2. Ottawa because they're just a bunch of CHHOOOOOKEEERS

1. Toronto do I have to explain why???

Dishonorable mention to New-York Islanders for bad GMing, bad ownership, poor offensive play, poor defensive play, even their 1rst line sucks : Comrie, Fedotenko, Guerin YARK

My Leafs favourite teams.

Leafs, Sens, Bruins , Sabres, Devils, Rangers, Islanders, Penguins, Flyers, Panthers, Hurricanes, Capitals, Thrashers, Lightning

do I really have to continue?

My Leafs favourite teams.

Leafs, Sens, Bruins , Sabres, Devils, Rangers, Islanders, Penguins, Flyers, Panthers, Hurricanes, Capitals, Thrashers, Lightning

do I really have to continue?

Do I detect a hidden message?

I smell a traitor amongst your group, folks!

3. Any team that has Pronger on it

2. Any team that left a Canadian market

1. Any team from California or Florida, that's not hockey

So its

3. Anaheim

2. Colorado Nordiques, Phoenix Jets

1. LA Kings, SJ, TB, Miami

honourable mention: any team gary bettman roots for.

Oh cry me a river.

*taken from the other thread of this subject which, funnily enough, was also made by Cataclaw. Nice memory there. ;)*

Top 5 Hate...

1. Vancouver Canucks

Oh geez, where to start. Bertuzzi, Naslund, Jovonovsky, Cooke, Ohlund, Crawford, Cloutier. I spit venom at this joke of a hockey team. And thats even without mentioning their fans.

2. Detroit Red Wings

The rivalry has really died down since 2002, causing Vancouver to take top spot but Detroit will still always be up there. Darren McCarty, Dominik Hasek (Mr. I want to fight but accidentily trip on the way to the fight. Puh-leeeeeese) and Chris Chelios. I've managed to ooze a itty bitty ounce of respect for Stevie Y but even Scotty Bowman bugged me. Go Claude Lemieux!

3. Dallas Stars

I HATE Mike Modano and obviously getting eliminated in 7 games, in the WCF helps. Upsetting them in 5 the past two seasons though has been sweet but it go re-ignited this past spring when the little minions from the Stars website started invading our forums. Piece of shit hockey team.

4. Tampa Bay Lightning

This still roots from the 2004 playoffs and having to watch that smug Brad Richards all the damn time. I've come to really hate most of their big 3 (I still like Lecavalier) but yeah, just based from the 2004 playoffs, I despise the Lightning just like any other Calgarian.

5. Edmonton Oilers

By Calgary law as a Calgarian, I'm required to include the Edmonton Oilers on any hate list I make.

I really should find a spot for New Jersey on there though. I just hate Brodeur and their boring ass team that much

1. Toronto. Even if Sundin is one of the most honorable player in the leauge. Darcy Tucker on the other hand...

2. Boston. I hate Bergeron and how he seems to love scoring on the Habs.

*taken from the other thread of this subject which, funnily enough, was also made by Cataclaw. Nice memory there. ;)*

Ahaha! :blink:

I thought i had seen a similar thread somewhere... where did you find it? I used the search function and everything.

*shrug* oh well :lol:

1. Färjestad BK (It didnt say nhl teams but it was in the NHL thread, still I have to have the team I hate the most in sports history)

2. Carolina (If Williams gets traded I will put his new adress in this spot)

3. Anaheim (Ducks, ducks, I hate ducks, what the hell does a duck have to do with hockey? I would concider it a joke to have to play against ducks)

I really dont hate the leafs, Almost allways great games against them. The teams I hate are teams I want to dissapear and I would not want Toronto to dissapear because that would be almost as bad as if the habs dissapeared.

3. Any team that has Pronger on it

2. Any team that left a Canadian market

1. Any team from California or Florida, that's not hockey

So its

3. Anaheim

2. Colorado Nordiques, Phoenix Jets

1. LA Kings, SJ, TB, Miami

honourable mention: any team gary bettman roots for.

Anyone who does not include the laffs in a list of hated teams, doesn't get it, and is not a Habs fan...

No - using 'Leafs' as a synonym for 'least' is perfectly acceptable.

Mine:

1. Leafs (who else?)

2. Rangers (never liked them due to their high spending ways)

3. Carolina

In the past, #2 would've been the Nordiques, and at times they would have been #1. That was one hell of a rivalry.

Oh cry me a river.

Long Live

QuebecNordiques.png

WinnipegJets.png

Saskatoon Blues

Hamilton Predators

for Canada was robbed of its glory it deserved.

:(

My NHL (canadian teams)

West

Vancouver Canucks

Edmonton Oilers

Calgary Flames

Saskatoon Blues

Winnipeg Jets

East

Montreal Canadiens

Toronto Maple Leafs

Ottawa Senators

Quebec Nordiques

Hamilton Predators

a las it will never happen because TEAM GARY BETTMAN hates CANADA!!!

Changing most hated team to

1. Gary Bettman

Edited by Pierre the Great

1. Toronto Far and above anyone else (the media, tucker, the fans, the city, JFJ ...do I need to continue)

2. Ottawa

3. Boston

(I hate to play the Devils, but they are just dominate against the Habs and therefore have no reason to HATE them)

**When the playoffs are on all other Canadian teams.**

I love the Habs, then...........not the rest.

Cheer for Canadian team other than Toronto if that is all left in come playoffs.

Guess that means the Leafs would be most hated.

I only have one team that I outright hate, the leafs.

They could all go down in a fiery plane wreck and the only difference to my day would be a side trip to downtown Toronto wearing my habs garb while singing "na na na na...na na na na........."

Kinda sick ....but I've made my peace with that :)

I'm somewhat surprised by Carolina making any list...I assume that's all the younger posters on the board...really, who the hell cares about Carolina? They have a limited fan base but an excellent team...not sure why people really dislike them but they're very close to being cup contenders. They don't have arrogant fans, get little media coverage, have workhorse players...what's to dislike other then a tough playoff match-up 2 years ago?

I actually despise 2 teams in this league above all else...

1A. Toronto Maple Leafs - I hate their organization, I hate the teachers who always strike and own them, I hate their idiotic fans who refuse to "get it" and cheer for jobbers over talent, I hate their media who are clueless/biased/etc.

1B. Buffalo Sabres - for many of the same reasons I hate Toronto. They have similar fans and media issues. Plus, we used to face Buffalo in the 1st or 2nd round of the playoffs, for what seemed like every year for most of the 80's and early 90's. The WORST most BIASED play by play crew in the history of the game...and that's saying something when you have to listen to Leaf announcers on a regular basis.

Beyond that I hate a few other things involved in this sport:

1. Matthew Barnaby

2. Gary Betteman

3. Don Cherry

4. Expansion franchise discussions

Also, I was surprised to see SJ on someones list because "hockey doesn't belong in California or Florida". SJ is a solid franchise with decent fan support and a quality team. Not sure what you could possibly dislike about them...

Also, I was surprised to see SJ on someones list because "hockey doesn't belong in California or Florida". SJ is a solid franchise with decent fan support and a quality team. Not sure what you could possibly dislike about them...

I thought the same thing actually but with Tampa Bay. When only the Leafs and Habs are getting better attendance then you, you know you're in a good spot.

Los Angeles is a good hockey market too come to think of it, they've got quite the history down in LA. Not anything like the Habs or Blackhawks but moreso then a lot of other teams in the league.

And I agree with San Jose, the only team I think doesn't belong is the Panthers. Thats a young team that could probably prosper somewhere else.

I officially move the Panthers up to my 4th "least liked" spot; a temporary move, but maybe a long term one, who knows.

(for having robbed the habs of a hard worked and well deserved 2 pts)

Edited by Cataclaw