Kovalev stirring the pot again

It is nice to see that some fans do appreciate what Carbo and Bob have accomplished in the last couple of years, I have a hard time with the supposed fans who can only see the negative and not realise how far this team has come in the last 3 years all the can say is the team did not make the playoffs last year so carbo is shit and selling lemonade. Bob has been building from the draft and Carbo is trying to put all the pieces together and from what I have seen so far this year it is working.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is nice to see that some fans do appreciate what Carbo and Bob have accomplished in the last couple of years, I have a hard time with the supposed fans who can only see the negative and not realise how far this team has come in the last 3 years all the can say is the team did not make the playoffs last year so carbo is shit and selling lemonade. Bob has been building from the draft and Carbo is trying to put all the pieces together and from what I have seen so far this year it is working.

Yes. The 'big picture' is looking promising. Let's keep our eyes on the ball. Also, Carbo has offered a sensible explanation for his decision, and that's good enough for me. We played a great game and unfortunately lost. Build on that and f**k the rest of this hysteria.

(Incidentally, attacking Carbo for having Brisebois on the ice at game's end...it seems to me that, despite all the haters, Brisebois has (with Hamrlik and Markov) been one of our three best defencemen this season. You can't on the one hand demand a coach who rewards players who play well, and on the other attack him for doing that. Just a thought.)

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

Yes. The 'big picture' is looking promising. Let's keep our eyes on the ball. Also, Carbo has offered a sensible explanation for his decision, and that's good enough for me. We played a great game and unfortunately lost. Build on that and f**k the rest of this hysteria.

(Incidentally, attacking Carbo for having Brisebois on the ice at game's end...it seems to me that, despite all the haters, Brisebois has (with Hamrlik and Markov) been one of our three best defencemen this season. You can't on the one hand demand a coach who rewards players who play well, and on the other attack him for doing that. Just a thought.)

The big picture looks great, I agree, and I certainly do appreciate the culture of hard work Carbo and BG have instilled in the team. What does bother me is the constant tinkering with the lines and what appears to be a lack of communication. Carbo should have told Begin he was sitting, not let him find out from the line ups on the bulletin board. Also, if he's rewarding hardwork, then last game's line up should be left alone and given another chance, or only "minorly" tinkered with.

I know most ppl don't like Jack Todd, but he made a good point in his last article, which is that one thing Carbo doesn't have which BG has is the "calm factor". Carbo could stand to give the lineups more of a chance to gel and see what happens. Patience is very important with a young team (and I mean patience in terms of results, not in terms of giving players too many chances when the effort's not there.)

I also don't agree with playing Plex with Kosto and Lats. He tried that experiment, it didn't work, and he's going back to it. Why?

It is the same old story.

It amazes me how some of you can't or won't even admit that there is a problem with Carbo! Are you stubborn or blind? Why does he get a free pass but the players are open season?

Just like with Theo this board was divided. Some knew he had to go and others hung on to his balls for all they were worth.

For all those who now hang on to Carbo's balls for all your worth this thread is not about one game!

Carbs is not the guy for the job and once he is gone you will all realize it just like in the Theo situation.

The big picture looks great, I agree, and I certainly do appreciate the culture of hard work Carbo and BG have instilled in the team. What does bother me is the constant tinkering with the lines and what appears to be a lack of communication. Carbo should have told Begin he was sitting, not let him find out from the line ups on the bulletin board. Also, if he's rewarding hardwork, then last game's line up should be left alone and given another chance, or only "minorly" tinkered with.

I know most ppl don't like Jack Todd, but he made a good point in his last article, which is that one thing Carbo doesn't have which BG has is the "calm factor". Carbo could stand to give the lineups more of a chance to gel and see what happens. Patience is very important with a young team (and I mean patience in terms of results, not in terms of giving players too many chances when the effort's not there.)

I also don't agree with playing Plex with Kosto and Lats. He tried that experiment, it didn't work, and he's going back to it. Why?

I don't think the Plex situation has anything to do with Plex. I think it is a move to get Grabovski going.

It scews Plex but as long as the team is working hard it will all be okay :rolleyes:

It amazes me how some of you can't or won't even admit that there is a problem with Carbo! Are you stubborn or blind? Why does he get a free pass but the players are open season?

Just like with Theo this board was divided. Some knew he had to go and others hung on to his balls for all they were worth.

For all those who now hang on to Carbo's balls for all your worth this thread is not about one game!

Carbs is not the guy for the job and once he is gone you will all realize it just like in the Theo situation.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Read the title of the thread. It was about Kovalev's comments regarding the LAST GAME.

In my opinion, Carbo did nothing wrong in the last game, nor is the loss in any way his fault.

Whether or not Carbo is the greatest coach or not was not the topic.

What I really hate is when people don't like a coach or player, and dig for a complaint at every turn. Just like Breezer, just like Boo boo, just like Carbo, etc etc etc. There are people actually blaming breezer for the loss... Wait for a real reason to complain at least.

Read the title of the thread. It was about Kovalev's comments regarding the LAST GAME.

In my opinion, Carbo did nothing wrong in the last game, nor is the loss in any way his fault.

What I really hate is when people don't like a coach or player, and dig for a complaint at every turn. Just like Breezer, just like Boo boo, just like Carbo, etc etc etc. There are people actually blaming breezer for the loss... Wait for a real reason to complain at least.

the title in this thread smells of Montreal Media!

where did Kovy blame Carbo? he said MAYBE we should have had a time-out! Dont exagerate it!! Come on! this early your gonna piss on our best forward!?!?!!

If only Carbo would learn from his mistakes.

But what annoys me the most is that he often gets outcoached - even at home.

He looks more and more like a rigid person (difficulty to learn from mistakes, poor communication, difficulty to make in games adjustments) who will have a hard time making significant changes in the way he coaches.

Someone wrote on this board that he alienates all non-french players. Have you heard Bégin yesterday. He was clearly not happy with his meeting with Carbo and the reasons why he was scratched...

Nontheless, I really hope Carbo gets better and becomes a good coach. He was a good player, a winner and a leader. I hope he will find the way to adapt his qualities to the coaching

Edited by Punkned

This thread has certainly evolved beyond that.

There are several reasons listed in this thread for questioning Carbo.

What is wrong with questioning his performance?

Edited by Prime Minister Koivu

If only Carbo would learn from his mistakes.

But what annoys me the most is that he often gets outcoached - even at home.

He looks more and more like a rigid person (difficulty to learn from mistakes, poor communication, difficulty to make in games adjustments) who will have a hard time making significant changes in the way he coaches.

Someone wrote on this board that he alienates all non-french players. Have you heard Bégin yesterday. He was clearly not happy with his meeting with Carbo and the reasons why he was scratched...

Nontheless, I really hope Carbo gets better and becomes a good coach. He was a good player, a winner and a leader. I hope he will find the way to adapt his qualities to the coaching

Carbo clearly has communication issues, but I think they have improved this year. According to TSN, he had a good talk with Begin yesterday. When Begin first found out, a reporter was in his face before he had a chance to talk to Carbo.

As for being out coached, I hope you are not referring to Tuesday's game. If Florida outcoached him by playing like complete crap for 59 minutes and counting on a SO win, then you don't have very high coaching standards. ;)

In any case, I think Carbo has done a better job this year. Not perfect by any means, but he is learning. His big mistake last year was pissing off the vets. The flip side was that he seemed to give the rookies lots of chances.

This year, he has stated himself that he needs to work with the vets to bring the rookies along. He expects them to lead by example.

People think he is throwing Price under a bus by having him play the Sens. If you heard what he said, he said he has full confidence in Price and doesn't need to hide him from tough teams. He also praised his team for the efforts on Tuesday (Carbo knows Vokoun stole it).

So, in my opinion, Carbo has done well enough this year that there is no reason to question his leadership or abilities after 5 games. This team is a bubble team. If you expect them to win every game you are going to be disappointed.

This thread has certainly evolved beyond that.

There are several reasons listed in this thread for questioning Carbo.

What is wrong with questioning his performance?

Nothing, if your question is valid. :) What's wrong with defending him? (or am I still clutching his balls :huh: )

Carbo clearly has communication issues, but I think they have improved this year. According to TSN, he had a good talk with Begin yesterday. When Begin first found out, a reporter was in his face before he had a chance to talk to Carbo.

As for being out coached, I hope you are not referring to Tuesday's game. If Florida outcoached him by playing like complete crap for 59 minutes and counting on a SO win, then you don't have very high coaching standards. ;)

In any case, I think Carbo has done a better job this year. Not perfect by any means, but he is learning. His big mistake last year was pissing off the vets. The flip side was that he seemed to give the rookies lots of chances.

This year, he has stated himself that he needs to work with the vets to bring the rookies along. He expects them to lead by example.

People think he is throwing Price under a bus by having him play the Sens. If you heard what he said, he said he has full confidence in Price and doesn't need to hide him from tough teams. He also praised his team for the efforts on Tuesday (Carbo knows Vokoun stole it).

So, in my opinion, Carbo has done well enough this year that there is no reason to question his leadership or abilities after 5 games. This team is a bubble team. If you expect them to win every game you are going to be disappointed.

This post makes sense. You are more optimistic than I am but at least your post makes sense.

Nothing, if your question is valid. :) What's wrong with defending him? (or am I still clutching his balls :huh: )

LMAO

That actually made me laugh out loud.

Defending him is fine as your above post did a reasonable job. Some arguments here just seem to be based on nothing.

Great article on TSN

Kovalev fires back at the Media

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=220886&hubname=

It is clear that that is what happened here. The media just pushed this into a problem.

It must be tough for Kovy having his words twisted by the media all the time. Like last year when he didn't say that Francophones got special treatment in Montreal.

"From now on I'm just going to say no, yes, of course, whatever and see if you guys can twist these words and I have nothing more to say about it anymore."

:clap: :ghg:

As for being out coached, I hope you are not referring to Tuesday's game. If Florida outcoached him by playing like complete crap for 59 minutes and counting on a SO win, then you don't have very high coaching standards.

I must confess my opinion was based on last year's games... You're right, 5 games is not enough to evaluate his amelioration. Time will tell (time will tell tales of success I hope!)

Edited by Punkned

whoops- double post :)

My sentiments exactly. It was one comment, from a leader speaking his mind. Albeit, stupid to say it to the media, who he should have known would spin it out of control. It was one g*damn coment that probably meant nothing. Guy probably doesnt care, and Kovy certainly doesnt. Yet here we are still talking about it.

I'm personally pleased that Kovy cares that much about a game this early in the season. He's into it. I hope he shows this spunk all year on and off the ice...we will be a much better team.

I cant wait for the game tonight so Kovy can get 2G and 1A and we can put this behind us.

"In the last two minutes, we knew they were going to put a lot of pressure on us," Kovalev told the TEAM 990 in Montreal. "It was just my idea that we could have taken a timeout, get organized and get the right people on the ice. Maybe it could have been better. That's what I saw from the bench."

All I'm saying, is why did the media choose to spin this into something it never was?

He said maybe it could have been better, not "I hate the way Carbo coaches." It was harmless. TSN can seriously stick it, if their great panelists can do nothing but stir up crap. Kovalev is a leader on this team and has a right to speak his mind.

They need to stop jumping on every little thing he says as a negative. Truthfully, I hope he stops talking to the media after this, or save making even the simplest criticisms. He's just frustrated, Carbo has been changing his linemates so much, maybe that is why.

Oops.....I meant these to be my sentiments.

""Everybody knows nothing is going on and everything is good between me and Carbo," Kovalev told reporters. "It's just you guys try to have a competition between each other and try to twist words, who twisted words better."

Kovalev continued saying that he will be much more careful in the future dealing with the media.

"From now on I'm just going to say no, yes, of course, whatever and see if you guys can twist these words and I have nothing more to say about it anymore.""

hehehe

anyways, you're biased and wrong if you're going to say Carbo has been perfect, but you're also biased and wrong if you're blaming every second game on him.

From what I can see, he knows his hockey and is a pretty good coach. There is definite room for improvement though as he does make a lot of mistakes and has hurt a few of our players and their development (as well as team chemistry) in the past. I do expect him to keep on improving though, he has a lot of potential to be a great coach.

As for Kovalev, that's just a little joke the media's playing, there's absolutely nothing offensive in his comments.

Good job Kovalev, setting the record straight. Carbonneau too.

Although i have a hard time believing Carbonneau and Kovalev are best friends and have the rosiest of relationships, they're not enemies either and the media is just being stupid, craving for a story.

Silly media. :rolleyes: