Game Thread | Sabres de Buffalo vs. Canadiens de Montréal | 10/20/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From TSN ICe Chips:

Saku Koivu skipped the morning skate Saturday with what's believed to be a flu. Head coach Guy Carbonneau says he 'thinks' Koivu will play. - TSN

Forwards

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder

Latendresse - Plekanec- Kovalev

Kostitsyn - Grabovski - Smolinski

Begin - Dandenault - Kostopoulos - Chipchura

Defence

Markov - Komisarek

Hamrlik - Brisebois

Bouillon - Streit

Goaltender

Huet

Scratches

Murray (foot), Gorges

Finally Kosto on the 4th line.

Saku Koivu skipped the morning skate Saturday with what's believed to be a flu. Head coach Guy Carbonneau says he 'thinks' Koivu will play. - TSN

OH for Fork sakes not the damn flu again!!!!!!!!!!!!! not last year again please god

So far this year, I've watched every game, and I am somewhat surprised at some on the negativity I see here. Although the teams win-loss record is not great, I still feel that the pieces are in place, and this team will get on a roll soon. The Habs have been in every game, and if not for some bad luck and a few costly mistakes, the team would already be on a role. I think the young guys have looked good so far, and the D has been alright (ok, Brisbois still scares me a lot). Kovalev has played his best hockey in years so far. Higgens has been snake bitten, as has the entire first line, but the puck will go in for them eventually. Goaltending has been above average, I would say. So here's hoping the pieces fall into place tonight...Go Habs GO!!!!!!!

OH for Fork sakes not the damn flu again!!!!!!!!!!!!! not last year again please god

that is what im thinking :puke: :(

I feel for Carbo.. if he picks 4 lines and sticks with them, there will be 500 posts calling for his head because either a) he picked the wrong lines, or B) he failed to adjust his lines if things are not going well.

In any case, the team is primed to beat the Sabres if they play 60 minutes and with discipline. Dumb penalies must stop (looking at you komi).

It really depends on who the lines are for the amount of bshing he will get.

For example; If Carbo puts Kostopoulos on the third line with Smoke and Pleks, then yes, he deserves to be bashed.....and badly.

The line have to match the players on them.

I heard it is more food poisoning then flu like.

Wait and see I guess.

Yeah it might ensure that Kosto is on the 3rd line and not the 4th.

I guess Kosto needs to be hit by a bus before he gets pulled out of a game.

Carbo did see the beauty pass to Alfredsson for the game winner right?

I guess Kosto needs to be hit by a bus before he gets pulled out of a game.

Carbo did see the beauty pass to Alfredsson for the game winner right?

He should not have been on the ice after the goal. He is a 4th liner!!!

Arent we playing the Sabres tonight? A quick team? Why isnt Kosty on the ice then because I thought he was a quick guy on the skates.

Exactly, i can think of many to be scratched ahead of Kositits: Kostopolo 1 point and -4, at best a 4th line scrub, Dandy even though he is playing ok, Chips, Grabs, Begin, even Smokes who is goalless.

How stupid can Carbo be?????

Won't believe this until i see it for my own eyes.

Exactly, i can think of many to be scratched ahead of Kositits: Kostopolo 1 point and -4, at best a 4th line scrub, Dandy even though he is playing ok, Chips, Grabs, Begin, even Smokes who is goalless.

How stupid can Carbo be?????

Won't believe this until i see it for my own eyes.

At least try Kostits with Higgy and Pleks, which was the best line at the end of last year.