HabsWorld Trivia

BTH

No, not hockey trivia. HabsWorld trivia!

I've been on these boards for longer than most and have 9000+ posts so I know lots of members and remember a lot of things from these boards. Here are some questions, see if you can answer them. Try not to cheat and look things up with the search tab.

1- Which ex-Habs player did KoZed dedicate a thread to, subtitling it "Making a case for everyone's least favourite scapegoat"?

2- What French-Canadian NHL forward was followed obsessively by a 15 year old poster on these boards?

3- Who coined the phrase "cautiously optimistic," a phrase that is growing in popularity in the Habs Talk section?

4- What position does mathieu30 coach and who is his favourite player?

5- What was shortcat1's profession and what did his username symbolize?

6- Which Habs prospect was heavily criticized by beckham for being from an unusual country for a hockey player?

7- What symbol was used in front of moeman's name?

8- Which poster interviews the prospects for the HW homepage?

9- Name two poster's who live in Japan.

10- What poster, native of the United Arab Emirates, once mentioned HabsWorld in a letter to the Gazette?

11- What does Fanpuck33 dress up as every Halloween?

12- What name did Electron use to go by and what pet does he have?

13- What do Pierre_the_Great and his main political hero have in common?

14- When Hannes surpassed a posting milestone, he said that all he ever said was... what?

15- What were KoZed's two former usernames?

16- What is the only father-son combo that has ever appeared on HW?

17- Which ex-HWL GM was once mistaken to be a girl by his biology teacher?

18- Name 5 all-time female HW members.

19- Who was Komisarek_the_Cruncher's favourite rookie of the 2005-06 class?

20- Which HWL GM smells, according to Trizzak?

Bonus1- Who is Colin's favourite comedian?

Bonus2- What does BTH stand for?

Bonus3- Habsfan24 and lazy26 are both friends of which HW mod?

Cool down- Which Swedish member periodically posts a game where posters have to match movie pictures to their movies?

I doubt it's even possible for anyone to know all the answers but I'd be impressed if someone can hit more than half.

4- What position does mathieu30 coach [Goalie] and who is his favourite player?

5- What was shortcat1's profession and what did his username symbolize? [Kindergarten teacher, shorter catechism]

6- Which Habs prospect was heavily criticized by beckham for being from an unusual country for a hockey player? [no answer but whatever happened to beckham?]

16- What is the only father-son combo that has ever appeared on HW? [shortcat1 & ?]

18- Name 5 all-time female HW members. [(a) Macaskill's gf]

Bonus2- What does BTH stand for? [bullis-The-Habbie]

OMG I obviously spend too much time on HW.

1- Which ex-Habs player did KoZed dedicate a thread to, subtitling it "Making a case for everyone's least favourite scapegoat"?

2- What French-Canadian NHL forward was followed obsessively by a 15 year old poster on these boards? Ribeiro

4- What position does mathieu30 coach and who is his favourite player?Goalie Garon

6- Which Habs prospect was heavily criticized by beckham for being from an unusual country for a hockey player?

8- Which poster interviews the prospects for the HW homepage? habitforming

9- Name two poster's who live in Japan. JLP Tokyohabs

10- What poster, native of the United Arab Emirates, once mentioned HabsWorld in a letter to the Gazette? PMAC

11- What does Fanpuck33 dress up as every Halloween? Some Ninja Turtle

13- What do Pierre_the_Great and his main political hero have in common? He got something in common with somebody??

14- When Hannes surpassed a posting milestone, he said that all he ever said was... what?

15- What were KoZed's two former usernames? i hate it that i cant remember, tip of the tonge

17- Which ex-HWL GM was once mistaken to be a girl by his biology teacher? Faerie

18- Name 5 all-time female HW members. Bebehabs,Maca's Girl, .... Faerie ;)

20- Which HWL GM smells, according to Trizzak? Jet

Bonus1- Who is Colin's favourite comedian? Seinfeld?

Bonus2- What does BTH stand for? Bulis the Habbie

Cool down- Which Swedish member periodically posts a game where posters have to match movie pictures to their movies?

I doubt it's even possible for anyone to know all the answers but I'd be impressed if someone can hit more than half. Doktor Kosmos

I've been on these boards for longer than most and have 9000+ posts so I know lots of members and remember a lot of things from these boards. Here are some questions, see if you can answer them. Try not to cheat and look things up with the search tab.

2- What French-Canadian NHL forward was followed obsessively by a 15 year old poster on these boards?

3- Who coined the phrase "cautiously optimistic," a phrase that is growing in popularity in the Habs Talk section?

4- What position does mathieu30 coach and who is his favourite player? Goalie Garon

5- What was shortcat1's profession and what did his username symbolize? Well I know he's a teacher but not sure on his username. I remember a fasciniation with Fozzy Bear though.

7- What symbol was used in front of moeman's name? ~

8- Which poster interviews the prospects for the HW homepage? habitforming

9- Name two poster's who live in Japan. JLP and tokyohabs

10- What poster, native of the United Arab Emirates, once mentioned HabsWorld in a letter to the Gazette? PMAC

11- What does Fanpuck33 dress up as every Halloween? Donatello!

12- What name did Electron use to go by and what pet does he have? kerplunk has a kitten

13- What do Pierre_the_Great and his main political hero have in common? Uhh...name?

14- When Hannes surpassed a posting milestone, he said that all he ever said was... what? "Trade Accepted"

15- What were KoZed's two former usernames? ap79 aaaand...don't know the other one.

17- Which ex-HWL GM was once mistaken to be a girl by his biology teacher? faerie

18- Name 5 all-time female HW members. macaskill's gf, msjustsyncfox, bebehabs

20- Which HWL GM smells, according to Trizzak? ME! WOOHOO!

Bonus2- What does BTH stand for? Bulis_the_Habbie

I doubt it's even possible for anyone to know all the answers but I'd be impressed if someone can hit more than half. Doktor Kosmos

Peter Puck, beckham was banned from these boards a while ago.

And, the name is right Jets - I was talking about Trudeau but he says he's tied with Palme.

4- What position does mathieu30 coach and who is his favourite player?charline labonté

5- What was shortcat1's profession and what did his username symbolize? shortcathechism and he's a rabbi

9- Name two poster's who live in Japan.

10- What poster, native of the United Arab Emirates, once mentioned HabsWorld in a letter to the Gazette?

11- What does Fanpuck33 dress up as every Halloween?

13- What do Pierre_the_Great and his main political hero have in common? really small penises ??

16- What is the only father-son combo that has ever appeared on HW?shortcat and supermatsnaslund fan

17- Which ex-HWL GM was once mistaken to be a girl by his biology teacher?

18- Name 5 all-time female HW members. bebe, prg, shorthanded, fanny, maca's girlfriend.

20- Which HWL GM smells, according to Trizzak?

Bonus2- What does BTH stand for?bulis the habby

I doubt it's even possible for anyone to know all the answers but I'd be impressed if someone can hit more than half.

4- What position does mathieu30 coach and who is his favourite player?

~ charline labonté

Well, that might be a tough one, cuz lately I've become a huge fan of Christine Dufour as well ;)

4- What position does mathieu30 coach and who is his favourite player? Goalie, Mathieu Garon

5- What was shortcat1's profession and what did his username symbolize? kindergarten teacher

8- Which poster interviews the prospects for the HW homepage? Habitforming

9- Name two poster's who live in Japan. JLP, tokyohabs

11- What does Fanpuck33 dress up as every Halloween? Bluebeard

13- What do Pierre_the_Great and his main political hero have in common? first name, lack of oxygene in the head ;)

16- What is the only father-son combo that has ever appeared on HW? Shortcat & matsnaslundfan

17- Which ex-HWL GM was once mistaken to be a girl by his biology teacher? haha

18- Name 5 all-time female HW members. PRG, bébé, Macas gf, shorthanded, Msjustsyncfox

19- Who was Komisarek_the_Cruncher's favourite rookie of the 2005-06 class? it wasn't rollie melanson, that's for sure

20- Which HWL GM smells, according to Trizzak? Jets

Bonus2- What does BTH stand for? Bulis the Habbie but I've heard that he changed that to B-est_goalie_in_the_nhl_right_now_has_-T-o_be_mat-H-ieu_garon

Bonus3- Habsfan24 and lazy26 are both friends of which HW mod? mathieu30 Oh, mod? JMMR, right??

Depending on how you count, Jets and Mathieu are tied with 18 points, though Mathieu had the advantage of going after a lot of people and stealing their answers.

Depending on how you count, Jets and Mathieu are tied with 18 points, though Mathieu had the advantage of going after a lot of people and stealing their answers.

trust me, I didnt 'steal' one answer, I don't trust...

^_^

Peter Puck, beckham was banned from these boards a while ago.

And, the name is right Jets - I was talking about Trudeau but he says he's tied with Palme.

Alright, I figured it was the name. I wrote about 50 insults before I decided just to give an answer but it looks like everyone else had the same idea as me. :lol:

These are the ones that no one has answered yet.

Make sure you get the name right (coughmathieucough)!

16 was answered by Mathieu30.

You just quoted a post with a very big hint at it, aimed directly at Mathieu. He's thinking of the right guy but got the name wrong.

That french canadian must be Dagenais or that former Puckstopper

now he's dodging beachballs

Nope, this guy has never played for the Habs. But he's wanted to. (Hint alert!)

Without Peeking:

Dagenais

JP Dumont

3- Who coined the phrase "cautiously optimistic," a phrase that is growing in popularity in the Habs Talk section? Siminous

4- What position does mathieu30 coach and who is his favourite player? Goal, Mathieu Garon

5- What was shortcat1's profession and what did his username symbolize? Teacher, the short cathecism of 16??

7- What symbol was used in front of moeman's name? Peace

9- Name two poster's who live in Japan. John Luc Pilon, Aussie Posse

10- What poster, native of the United Arab Emirates, once mentioned HabsWorld in a letter to the Gazette? PMAC, (thanks for noticing)

11- What does Fanpuck33 dress up as every Halloween? A TMNT -- Donatello, I think

12- What name did Electron use to go by and what pet does he have? ... Cat

13- What do Pierre_the_Great and his main political hero have in common? Leftist leanings, unfailing belief that they are right, a penchant for bombastic comments

14- When Hannes surpassed a posting milestone, he said that all he ever said was... what? GHG

16- What is the only father-son combo that has ever appeared on HW? Shortcat and MatsNaslund Superfan

17- Which ex-HWL GM was once mistaken to be a girl by his biology teacher? Dark Faire

18- Name 5 all-time female HW members. Bebe habs Bebe habs Bebe habs Bebe habs Bebe habs

Bebe habs

19- Who was Komisarek_the_Cruncher's favourite rookie of the 2005-06 class? Mike Komisarek

20- Which HWL GM smells, according to Trizzak? JetSniper

Bonus2- What does BTH stand for? Bullis the Habbie

Killer Carlson

You just quoted a post with a very big hint at it, aimed directly at Mathieu. He's thinking of the right guy but got the name wrong.

BTH: You are throwing stones from your glass house.

I think if you are going to insist he be precise about the answer you should have referred to the correct poster.

(Hint: I have never seen a HW member called "Mathieu") ^_^