All Stars Road for Kovy

JoeLassister

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or the NHL by even having him on there!

I think if you were named to the All-Star team last year (not the game, but at the end of the season), then you're on by default. I think I remember hearing that.

I was surprised to see Afinogenov on there...

Wait...weren't there people in the Skills Competition who weren't in the all star game last year? I don't recall...

If so...then i'd much rather see kovy in the 4 target competition (as I know he would snipe all 4 targets in a hurry)

I would also love to see him and Saku in the Shootout competition!

Wait...weren't there people in the Skills Competition who weren't in the all star game last year? I don't recall...

If so...then i'd much rather see kovy in the 4 target competition (as I know he would snipe all 4 targets in a hurry)

I would also love to see him and Saku in the Shootout competition!

No, you have to be selected into the All-Star Game to play in the Skills Competition.

Okay, my vote is being registered, and I agree fully that Kovy should get rocognition for his great play of late, I just have to state that I wish you had done this for Pleks instead. He is the machine.

I also wrote in Toews in the west.

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

Besides, Voting for Kovalev gives me the feeling it would only motivate him ( seeing how last years he cried for not beeing our "star"). I guess his extra boost can get in the series and that only his effort will drag us through the cup final.

Upon Reflection...close to 6000 votes is good and all...

But....WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?

Mats Sundin (Toronto) 14,046 Votes

Jason Blake (Toronto) 13,317 Votes

INCENTIVE TO VOTE FOR KOVY PEOPLE!

Reminder: Here is my facebook group dedicted to getting Kovy into the all star game

http://yorku.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5729814073

KOVY WANTS YOU

Edited by l<OV4L3V

Okay, well Markov is #1 among defenceman and Koivu is #9 among forwards so it looks like they will both make it. Kovalev still has to pass quite a few people to make it - it doesn't look like he will unless a bunch of people start voting 100 times each. Huet is 4th among goalies, so he's very close.

But on the other hand, Huet his a slump last year right when he came back from the All-Star game - maybe we're better off if he doesn't make it.

I've heard complaints of All-Star Games and Skills Competitions ruining a goalie's confidance and good habits/techniques. I don't think it's such a big deal but it may affect some people to have to go through breakaway after breakaway and stop all sorts of situations that would never happen in a real game.

Okay, well Markov is #1 among defenceman and Koivu is #9 among forwards so it looks like they will both make it. Kovalev still has to pass quite a few people to make it - it doesn't look like he will unless a bunch of people start voting 100 times each. Huet is 4th among goalies, so he's very close.

But on the other hand, Huet his a slump last year right when he came back from the All-Star game - maybe we're better off if he doesn't make it.

I've heard complaints of All-Star Games and Skills Competitions ruining a goalie's confidance and good habits/techniques. I don't think it's such a big deal but it may affect some people to have to go through breakaway after breakaway and stop all sorts of situations that would never happen in a real game.

Koivu would have to jump 6 other forwards to make it. I believe voting is only for the starting 3 forwards.

His play on the ice would dictate his chances as the coaches round out the roster.

Koivu would have to jump 6 other forwards to make it. I believe voting is only for the starting 3 forwards.

His play on the ice would dictate his chances as the coaches round out the roster.

Yep. Fan voting is for the starting lineup only, not the entire team. the rest of the roster is picked by the coaches/league.

Random note, but how is Emery's name even there for top goalies?

Edited by xXx..CK..xXx

Random note, but how is Emery's name even there for top goalies?

I believe it was a result of intimidation. Emery saw them on the road in his Hummer, and well... you know the story... :P