-Through a Glass Darkly

-The Silence

-Persona

The Emigrants- Jan Troell

Smallville season 5,6 dvd

Books in order of importance:

The Transportation Experience: Policy, Planning, and Deployment

The Geography of Urban Transportation, Third Edition

The Origin of Species - Charles Darwin (thanks to good old United States I was denied a right to know the truth)

The Forms of Capital- Pierre Bourdieu

The Selfish Gene- Richard Dawkins

Das Kapital - Karl Marx

clothes

Komisarek 8 print behind my Habs Jersey (worth like 75$ at the Bell Centre)

Ipod Shuffle, the little one that we can clip

coffret DVD of La Petite Vie

Money

25th cup also

Habs' Tickets

Halo 3

Mass Effect

2nd Xbox Controller

Clothes

New strings for my guitars

Eh, not much more I can think of. I'll probably end up buying most of this myself over the next month though, haha.

• 2 weeks later...

Lube for exams.

...although I guess that comes before Christmas.

In that case, Preperation-H for after exams.

Lube for exams.

...although I guess that comes before Christmas.

In that case, Preperation-H for after exams.

ooohh!! so you already had THE PLEASURE...sucks don't it ??!!

mine wasn't so bad but I had to walk home :unsure:

Hate to rain on your parades but you won't be getting a 25th Cup in time for Christmas.

You're going to have to wait till summer. ;)

I don't really wish for anything, I already got my present. If I get anything I hope it's money or food, 'cause I could kinda use that.

I don't celebrate Christmas so I'll keep my expectations low.

So BTH what's you gettin' for Hanukkah?

by the way "christmas" secular again, just as it started that way, way back when. anyway so you can celebrate christmas now, this isn't alberta with "christmas meaning something else" we've liberated it. :)

"mission accomplished" on christmas.

by the way "christmas" secular again, just as it started that way, way back when. anyway so you can celebrate christmas now, this isn't alberta with "christmas meaning something else" we've liberated it. :)

Yeah, the word "Christmas" has nothing to do with the fact that the word itself means "Christ's Mass." Pagan rituals do not equal Christmas. If you want to celebrate some pagan holiday or winter festival, then you go ahead. But don't you dare try to say Christ has nothing to do with Christmas. If you don't believe it, that's your business. But don't you dare try to demean Christmas as a secular holiday.

From Webster's Dictionary:

Main Entry: Christ·mas

Pronunciation: \ˈkris-məs\

Function: noun

A Christian feast on December 25 or among some Eastern Orthodox Christians on January 7 that commemorates the birth of Christ and is usually observed as a legal holiday

Yeah, the word "Christmas" has nothing to do with the fact that the word itself means "Christ's Mass." Pagan rituals do not equal Christmas. If you want to celebrate some pagan holiday or winter festival, then you go ahead. But don't you dare try to say Christ has nothing to do with Christmas. If you don't believe it, that's your business. But don't you dare try to demean Christmas as a secular holiday.

From Webster's Dictionary:

Main Entry: Christ·mas

Pronunciation: \ˈkris-məs\

Function: noun

A Christian feast on December 25 or among some Eastern Orthodox Christians on January 7 that commemorates the birth of Christ and is usually observed as a legal holiday

and your point?

Not my fault your religion decided to hijack a perfectly good holiday thousand or so years ago. Then if you were truly what you say you are, there's no tree at your house since that's pagan, no stockings because that's pagan, no gifts because that's pagan.

So which is it? Did your religion fold into our 'pagan' holiday? Seems like it.

At first it probably was a good idea to put the holiday on a "pagan" holiday, (good marketing strategy for selling your product) but as with all church officials they're a bit slow to adapt, so they didn't see this thing called "capitalism" and "consumerism" and democracy which promotes individualism coming (because they disliked free thought). So who's fault is it?

It has no cultural significance other then the buildings are cool looking and its so old and been around forever its just a tradition, like shooting fireworks off at new years.

Democratic Christmas= freedom of thought and individualism, being with family, being happy, enjoying life

religious Christmas= not the above statement, depressing, sermons end up becoming giant rants against the democratic Christmas movement, talk of this bogus war springs up.

you do your thing, don't complain about this paranoiac that you've created war, and the rest of us will enjoy ourselves doing our thing. :)

I mean the war, you guys are complaining about christmas tree removals, since when did a tree represent Christianity? I thought that was pagan, unless you hijacked it and called it your own, then we must take it back we crusaders for a free christmas!

Edited by Pierre the Great

and your point?

Not my fault your religion decided to hijack a perfectly good holiday thousand or so years ago. Then if you were truly what you say you are, there's no tree at your house since that's pagan, no stockings because that's pagan, no gifts because that's pagan.

blah blah blah

it would take somebody raised Christian to make this argument.

Regardless of whatever Pagan rituals have made their way into Christmas, it is the quintessential christian holiday. Hey PTG, instead of just spouting off, why don't you listen to the two vocal jews on this board -

Christmas is for Christians. We non-Christians don't celebrate it. Jews definitely don't. Trust me, you will rarely hear "Merry Christmas" in Cote-St-Luc. I hope everybody who celebrates Christmas enjoys it, but it just ain't part of my life.

BTW - that's fine. USA is a de facto Christian country, Canada too. Most people here are Christian and as such it is the biggest holiday. There are some non-Christians who participate in some of the rituals because it is fun for them or because everybody else is doing it, but Christmas = Christian.

Huh?

:rolleyes: You just don't get it, Pierre. You just don't get it. Like I said, if you want to celebrate some pagan ritual or winter festival, then you go right ahead. But don't take a crap on Christmas and try to reduce it to something meaningless. You obviously have no understanding of the spirit of Christmas.

This thread happens every year, let's just leave it alone. You don't bash Christmas and I won't have to defend it. If you wanna concentrate on the materialism and the hypocrisy, then go ahead and depress yourself, that's your prerogative. You enjoy all those books and DVDs you want..I will concentrate on getting to watch the Bob Newhart DVD with my Dad that I bought him. I'll enjoy going to the TSO concert twice, once with my Mom and once with my friends. I could not really care less about what I get. Getting things is nice, but that's not what Christmas is about to me and people who know what it really is about.

Don't bash Christmas for what it has become, enjoy it because of what it is supposed to be.

UVic that much of a challenge?

How's the little furry things down the road?

UVic isn't so much the challenge as it is engineering. Sometimes I wish I was an arts major...

And the bunnies are...running wild. Not a day goes by where I don't wish I could just bring a BBQ to campus. It helps keep the population even, and saves me money on food! Plus, it's just damn delicious.

bwhaha food prices just as crazy on campus as they are up here in Nanaimo? lol

I swear all my money goes to the culinary arts program and there 10 dollar lamb dish. seriously.

oh and fanpuck i'm enjoying christmas season for the first time in years.

I don't know what i want because i adhere to a simple life. tolstoy, just not as extreme.

The prices aren't bad, it's just that I'm on campus for so long I'm always eating at least one meal there. Sometimes two or three.