Crosby get into a fight !

JoeLassister

Nice, some decent punches thrown. That is the kind of fight that hockey is all about.

Well I dunno, as a fightsport writer I see enough fisticuffs in my work. For me, hockey is about skating and shooting, not clinching and punching.

Anyway I saw this one and Crosby definitely held his own.

I don't mean that fighting should define hockey. I meant that fighting in hockey shouldn't be just about two goons going after each other, but guys like Crosby standing up for themselves. To me, Gordie Howe is the definition of the ideal hockey player. He scored, he passed, he defended himself. That's one reason I respect Iginla so much, he's the closest thing we have in the NHL today to Gordie. Crosby just earned a lot of respect in my book for dropping his own gloves for once.

Yea, i think Iginla has as many fighting majors as the whole Habs team. I remember the 13 games when the habs fought, hit and stood up for eachother. I wonder what happened to those good old days.

Marian Gaborik scored 5 freakin goals(plus an assist) last night. That's more important than this. ;)

Does Vinny drop the gloves with regularity? The only time I ever saw him fight was in the finals against Iginla.

I believe he has at least 3 fights this season.

Sorry only 2.

Edited by JMMR

most the people i know hate him so that means the only people that like him is the media. I want to see Canada win gold in Vancouver but if Crosby fails, he's finished.

I highly doubt that, maybe in Vancouver he'll be finished but he will lead the next olympic team either way.

Does Vinny drop the gloves with regularity? The only time I ever saw him fight was in the finals against Iginla.

Here is Vinny's fighting stats. Include Iginla, Chara, Hartnell and... Marian Hossa !!!!

http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/374

I highly doubt that, maybe in Vancouver he'll be finished but he will lead the next olympic team either way.

but he'll lose the "great one" crap, this he's our saviour routine. Like for example, when he came to Vancouver it was front page news for days, and everyone was treating him like jesus was in town.

That fanaticism will end. He'll just be a normal star player but won't go above the game and become this national hero/symbol that Gretzky/Lemieux were.