Game Thread | Habs vs. Lightning | 03/01/08

Cataclaw

Wow, missed the first, just tuned in to see the Lecavalier breakaway goal. Huet didn't even look ready. Disgustingly let up 3 goals in the 2nd and blow 2, 2-goal leads. Bad giveaway by Bouillon and overplayed his guy on the 2nd goal. Ryder with another, a good sign. Stupid penalty by Kostopolous as well as another dumb giveaway in his own end. He could be the odd man out when Begin and Smokes come back. Hope for a better 3rd period.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is always a debate between team chemistry and coaching, but I am really starting to feel this team has a chemistry problem when they have a lead. Too many players on this team just stop working hard once they have a lead. Yes, Carbo goes to a 1 - 4 system earlier then I would like, but that is not the case right now. Once again, this team starts coasting with a lead. That is team chemistry, not bad coaching. In fact, I saw Carbo and Muller screaming at them to play hard early in the 2nd. I kind of doubt that the coaches are telling them to stop skating!

While I would like to drag out the old 'young players learning line", I really feel it is the vets that lead this. Koivu, Kovalev, etc.. Yes, even Koivu seems to float more with a lead, imo.

Well, let's just hope they wake up and start playing harder. Its probably better they don't have a lead going into the 3rd or they would have really sat back.

Huet's had a good run since he got back, so like brobin said, there's no need to even bring him up as 'the' issue.

The issue has the be open.

This is not supposed to be a close game.

The players would have fight harder if the goalie ever tried to stop Lecavalier in the first breakaway.

And i do not want to talk about the two others goals were he was too slow on lateral moves.

When we talk about a key moment in a game, betwwen a easy win and a harsh battle this is the difference.

My guts say we will win but Price has to be back to kick Huet pride, because we need it.

Kovy is playing a hell of a game again. Andrei Kost is patient and with chance with have 2 goals.

I look for Chip to give us the winning goal.

The issue has the be open.

This is not supposed to be a close game.

The players would have fight harder if the goalie ever tried to stop Lecavalier in the first breakaway.

And i do not want to talk about the two others goals were he was too slow on lateral moves.

When we talk about a key moment in a game, betwwen a easy win and a harsh battle this is the difference.

My guts say we will win but Price has to be back to kick Huet pride, because we need it.

Kovy is playing a hell of a game again. Andrei Kost is patient and with chance with have 2 goals.

I look for Chip to give us the winning goal.

Slow lateral? bah.. the 3rd goal was weak for sure, but he was over. the 2nd goal was not stoppable. The first was terrible, but I really think he thought it was off side for sure. Still, he has to be ready.

I don't know why people ramble on about this. Price didn't fare much better then Huet. It has a lot more to do with the team in front of them in my opinion.

Slow lateral? bah.. the 3rd goal was weak for sure, but he was over. the 2nd goal was not stoppable. The first was terrible, but I really think he thought it was off side for sure. Still, he has to be ready.

I don't know why people ramble on about this. Price didn't fare much better then Huet. It has a lot more to do with the team in front of them in my opinion.

I agree, the issue tonight has not been Huet's goaltending. Why does this guy get no respect?

I agree, the issue tonight has not been Huet's goaltending. Why does this guy get no respect?

It isn't Huet's game overall that gets people looking for holes, it's the weak goals or the freezing in the shootouts and breakaways that piss people off. If he even waves at it it would be a different story, but he just stands still.

Because of Price.... Shame, I like both of them, I just don't think Price is ready for more then he is getting. I like him playing about a quarter of the games this year.

It was the same last year when people here were so infatuated with Lats they felt that Kovy and Ryder could be traded and replaced with our new superstar.. :)

It isn't Huet's game overall that gets people looking for holes, it's the weak goals or the freezing in the shootouts and breakaways that piss people off. If he even waves at it it would be a different story, but he just stands still.

Would you rather have that guy in nets?

He gets enough respect IMO. In fact, I'm one of his biggest proponents. I'm constantly preaching his steadiness and SPCT.% to my doubting buddies. No doubt he has been again impressive, even after injury. But when I look at the game tonight, I feel like we'd be up if it werent for goalie miscues.

Meanwhile, Kosty SCORES...as I'm typing, so who cares. Let's hope Huet is steady the rest of the way. I just dont think he's let in his last goal though.

He gets enough respect IMO. In fact, I'm one of his biggest proponents. I'm constantly preaching his steadiness and SPCT.% to my doubting buddies. No doubt he has been again impressive, even after injury. But when I look at the game tonight, I feel like we'd be up if it werent for goalie miscues.

Meanwhile, Kosty SCORES...as I'm typing, so who cares. Let's hope Huet is steady the rest of the way. I just dont think he's let in his last goal though.

Look you guys! The problem with the Canadiens is so NOT goaltending! Also, the guy scoring those goals against us was not a Kotsopolous or a Smolinski. Friggin Vinnie L.

Look you guys! The problem with the Canadiens is so NOT goaltending! Also, the guy scoring those goals against us was not a Kotsopolous or a Smolinski. Friggin Vinnie L.

:clap:

It's easy for people to forget.

Well, now we have a 2 goal lead with 8 minutes to go.. see, they had to play hockey in the first half of the 3rd since they didn't have the lead. now they can play defensively, as long as its in the neutral zone...

Well, now we have a 2 goal lead with 8 minutes to go.. see, they had to play hockey in the first half of the 3rd since they didn't have the lead. now they can play defensively, as long as its in the neutral zone...

Let's hope Huet is sharp.. ^_^

Let's hope Huet is sharp.. ^_^

well, he made several nice stops early in the 3rd to keep them in it... so I sure hope so. Let's hope the team in front of him can ensure vinnie doesn't get break aways and tap in opportunities. :)

I was thinking more of the goal by Friggin Vinnie P. Bad goal.

I'm not knocking our goaltending. As a tandem it's one of the best. I just dont think Huet would ever take us to the promise land, with the team we have now. God knows worse goalies have won cups, but Huet cant win it for us a la Roy, Brodeur, etc. Price will be the guy, I hope.