JMMR

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oooh puuuh-leeze

That's a bad bad goal.

#1 - ANY goal that goes in through the goalie (between arms and body, between legs) is technically considered a bad goal.

#2 - If you're trying to cut a cross-crease pass, you usually know what you'll do in advance, ie. catch the puck in your glove; deflect the puck to a safe area, etc. Huet didn't seemed to have a clue what he was doing; hence deflecting a harmless puck into his own net...

Oh please.. any goal that goes thru a goalie is not technically a bad goal.. that was not a long shot that went thru him, it was a reaction play.

He is left handed, so.. how does he catch a pass in front of him going across his body?

I would like to see you deflect that.. please, watch it at full speed and tell me it was soft..

Sorry, if that is the definition of a bad goal, then no goalie will ever be good playing for the Habs. You guys seem to think that 90% of goals are weak...

Just calling it the way I see it, and it sure looked like a bad goal to me. Doesn't matter to me who is in goal but a bad goal is a bad goal. That to me is not raggin on Huet.

I could care less about the goal... (it was weak though) it was the phantom call on Kovalchuk that makes me mad!

Just calling it the way I see it, and it sure looked like a bad goal to me. Doesn't matter to me who is in goal but a bad goal is a bad goal. That to me is not raggin on Huet.

Well, as I said, you best watch the replay a few times before you decide (oh, and watch it a full speed)... no one can react that fast...

That is no different that a pass that goes off the defenseman's skate... they did not screw up, it is a fact of life in hockey..

Welll I give up on you guys... I guess we can just agree to disagree.. you guys think 80 percent of goals are weak, and I reserve that for things goalies should stop 75 percent of the time, but they go in because the goalie either 1. missed it, 2. screwed up

Agreed with brobin. It was a bad goal in the sense that it wasn't conventional, but it was definitely not Huet's fault. Horrible call on Kovalchuk though... too obvious that they were going to score on that one.

Oh please.. any goal that goes thru a goalie is not technically a bad goal..

Sorry to break it to you, but ask any goalie or goalie coach and they'll tell you the same... Pucks aren't supposed to go through a goalie's legs or between his body and arms or between the goalie and the post when he's hugging it. All of those are bad goals...

On this particular goal, Huet was again in his weird "one knee down" position trying to hug the post and his blocker hand wasn't square enough to stop the puck. On the replay it looks more like he was trying to make a lateral move anticipating a shot on the cross-crease pass and never saw the puck hit him...

Nice give-and-go between Plex and Kovy... it'd be nice if other lines would try to get some offense too...

Why? What did he do wrong? Should he not have slid across with the pass? How is it his fault that the pass was so close it hit his hand and bounced in, instead of out?

Seriously? I don't understand what you people expect from the goalies. there is zero reaction time and if he didn't go across it was probably in anyway..

It was not like he was out of position, or it was a long shot he should have had.. it was a two foot pass in tight, bounced off him and in..

Listen, in football when a received touches the ball with his hands and doesn't get it in, it's a bad catch.

When a batter either misses or ignores a big fat fastball in the middle of the strike zone it's bad hitting.

When a puck goes through a goalie, or off one of his gloves, it's a bad save.

When a forward misses an open nets, it's a choke.

That's how things work in sports, when you miss something that guys (especially elite league players) are supposed to nail 95% of the time, you messed up, bottom line.

Sorry to break it to you, but ask any goalie or goalie coach and they'll tell you the same... Pucks aren't supposed to go through a goalie's legs or between his body and arms or between the goalie and the post when he's hugging it. All of those are bad goals...

On this particular goal, Huet was again in his weird "one knee down" position trying to hug the post and his blocker hand wasn't square enough to stop the puck. On the replay it looks more like he was trying to make a lateral move anticipating a shot on the cross-crease pass and never saw the puck hit him...

First, my son is a goalie, so I talk to goalie coaches all the time..

Second, you best watch the replay.. that went off his stick as he was moving across the crease to block the shot coming (and it was coming)...

You cannot move across like that and not open up... if he has managed to stop the pass, then you would be praising him, not calling him out for opening up on a pass across the crease...

And the one leg against the post is the way they teach hybred goalies to play that, so they can move across with the pass, which he was doing...

Nice goal by Kots.. I mean.. weak goal by atlanta :)

Kost caught the D out of position, they backed up too early and had to start slowing down at the top of the circle, Kosty blew through them at full speed right then. Made them look like pylons lol.

Edited by Dirty Harry