Dandenault wants out?

JMMR

Also, remember the Sabres-Hurricanes series a couple years ago and the lineup for Game 7? The Sabres sent out an AHL level D that night and were down to #10 on their depth chart making their NHL debut. Dandenault to us is #9 on our defensive depth chart.... I'd rather put him back there in a playoff game than a guy like Cote, Valentenko, or Degon. I like that when injuries inevitably hit this team come the playoffs we have so many different options right now available to us... and if injuries REALLY hit us bad we still can ice a NHL caliber squad.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, remember the Sabres-Hurricanes series a couple years ago and the lineup for Game 7? The Sabres sent out an AHL level D that night and were down to #10 on their depth chart making their NHL debut. Dandenault to us is #9 on our defensive depth chart.... I'd rather put him back there in a playoff game than a guy like Cote, Valentenko, or Degon. I like that when injuries inevitably hit this team come the playoffs we have so many different options right now available to us... and if injuries REALLY hit us bad we still can ice a NHL caliber squad.

I'm not sure I agree.

For me here's how i'd place them for this season. By Next year, i expect a guy like O'byrne to become our #5 or #6 defenseman.

#1 - Markov

#2 - Komisarek

#3 - Hamrlik

#4 - Streit

#5 - Gorges

#6 - Dandeneault

#7 - Brisebois

#8 - O'Byrne

#9 - Valentenko

#10 - Carle

#11 - Yemelin

#12 - McDonough

#13 - Fisher

#14 - Subban

#15 - Côté ( he's gettin' a little too old, but we never know, he might make it?)

The only reason why Dandy is playing as a forward and not any of the other players(except Streit) is that he used to be a forward when he was younger.

Edited by Habsfan

You forgot Bouillon.

Given that Dandenault could be playing D right now if he were in our top 6 on D (since apparently he's not in our top 12 forwards right now), and that I think he's played only a couple of fill-in shifts on D this year, I think Carbo & his staff disagree with you. They seem to prefer playing 8 other guys ahead of him on D if given the chance.

Here's how I view our D depth chart:

1. Markov

2. Komisarek

3. Hamrlik

4. Streit

5. Bouillon

6. Gorges

7. Brisebois

8. O'Byrne (6, 7, 8 are interchangeable based on preformance - O'Byrne needs to get healthy and in game shape to move back into top 6)

9. Dandenault

10. Biron (when healthy - has the NHL experience)

11. Valentenko (starting to improve in AHL after slow start)

12. Cote (has more experience)

13. Degon (having good year)

14. Carle (coming around in rookie year)

15. Archer

Those are all the d-men we have currently under contract. In the playoffs, we could have McDonough, Fischer, Subban and/or Weber available if we were to sign them after their amateur seasons are over.

I also don't see how Dandy moves up next year into the top 6. He could be the #7 if both Streit and Breeze aren't back, but then there's the Emelin factor, and who knows where Valentenko will compare at that point.

I also don't see how Dandy moves up next year into the top 6. He could be the #7 if both Streit and Breeze aren't back, but then there's the Emelin factor, and who knows where Valentenko will compare at that point.

Valentenko as been playing really good lately. he stop trying to kill everybody passing on his side and is now pacing himself a bit more and making better decisions.

at one point next year he will be playing in montreal.

Many people seem to forget that Dandeneault is our most experienced playoff guy. \

You have an excellent point that I remember 2 years ago Dandy had a pretty bad regular season but against the Canes in the playoffs he was great.

You have an excellent point that I remember 2 years ago Dandy had a pretty bad regular season but against the Canes in the playoffs he was great.

that was 2 years ago.

unfortunately dandenault has lost his spot on defense and he's not doing much on offense.

with great kids coming around in the future. situations where a vet loses his spot to a younger-lesser paid player will come more then enough.

lets put feelings aside look foward to the future.

I'm sorry i have to disagree with everyone on here. Dandy has been one of our most constant players over the years. Sure he does not go and get alot of points but he is a good defensive and shutdown guy. He has played good for the Habs and i was surprised to see hime sitting. The only reason that he is not a D-man this year is the fact that the Habs has to many D's and sine he had played Forward earlier on in his carrer it was a perfect fit because he could be that shutdown defensive forward. The Habs needed that type of play form one of their guys and Dandy answered in my opion.

I cant rember that Dandenault ever turned a puck over or took a stuid penalty.

Lay off of Dandy and he should be playing right now. He will not get traded because the Habs realize how important of a player he is. He even said he did not want to get traded.

I'm sorry i have to disagree with everyone on here. Dandy has been one of our most constant players over the years. Sure he does not go and get alot of points but he is a good defensive and shutdown guy. He has played good for the Habs and i was surprised to see hime sitting. The only reason that he is not a D-man this year is the fact that the Habs has to many D's and sine he had played Forward earlier on in his carrer it was a perfect fit because he could be that shutdown defensive forward. The Habs needed that type of play form one of their guys and Dandy answered in my opion.

I cant rember that Dandenault ever turned a puck over or took a stuid penalty.

Lay off of Dandy and he should be playing right now. He will not get traded because the Habs realize how important of a player he is. He even said he did not want to get traded.

Those two things are only important if he picks up his check as well.

His minus 10 is evidence that he doesn't do it enough or very often.

If he wants out...move him. If he doesn't.....shut the hell up and play when and where your told.....That's why they pay you!

Edited by Habitforming

, but then there's the Emelin factor,

From what I understand he is not in the picture. He signed for 2 years in Russia, meaning he is still under contract there next season and after that re-enters the draft. Am I mistaken, or is there no way he will be a habs?

As for Dandy, I will miss him if he leaves although he is not an impact player on a regular basis, he is a great depth player to have in the system.

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

From what I understand he is not in the picture. He signed for 2 years in Russia, meaning he is still under contract there next season and after that re-enters the draft. Am I mistaken, or is there no way he will be a habs?

he can opt out of his Russian contract after this season.

Dandy provides us with some real flexability cause he pays def and forward however he lost his job on defence and right now is out of luck as a winger he will have to sit untill a spot opens up. I understand that he is upset but he needs to shut up and accept his role which is as a fill in where needed when needed. Let's face it this is not crosby getting benched.

he can opt out of his Russian contract after this season.

In that case I have renewed hope that he will come, especially if it is true he signed his contract without knowing Montreal had tendered an offer. When does their season end? Is it possible for him to come this year after their season? Probably not, but would be a great playoff addition to the Dogs and get his legs wet on the team.

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

They are two way different players. If Ryder was playing good and scoring Rder would be better to have.

Well duh, but it just so happens that Ryder is sucking hard. Latendresse up on with Koivu and Dandenault back at the bottom gets more done.

Ryder had 15 goals after the break last year, maybe we'll see a little run from him. I'd be surprised if he finished with 20 goals this year, but I was surprised he finished with 30 last year (thanks to 3 in the final game) despite his extended slumps. He has been putting a few dangerous shots on goal lately.

In that case I have renewed hope that he will come, especially if it is true he signed his contract without knowing Montreal had tendered an offer. When does their season end? Is it possible for him to come this year after their season? Probably not, but would be a great playoff addition to the Dogs and get his legs wet on the team.

The Euro transfer period is generally in June and July, though with Russia virtually anything's possible. Also, since Russia isn't signed onto the IIHF transfer agreement, he is our NHL property indefinitely. We still have the rights to 3 Russian born players drafted well before Emelin because of the delays (Sidyakin, Kruchinin, and Korneev). If they were drafted out of any other federation, we would've lost all their rights (except Emelin) after 2006. With Emelin, we would've had until this spring to sign him, but no agreement means he's ours until they can sort out all the legal issues.