NHL All Star Game/Skills Competition

Trizzak

Back in the good old days of Prince of Wales vs Campbell there was more incentive. Maybe it was because top players were associated with their conference and wanted to compete harder (Lemieux vs Gretzky, Bourque vs Coffey, etc.)

The game was really an All-Star Game.

Put meaning back into it. Make it count. Even if it means displeasing casual fans like PTG...

but making it "count" would to please the casual fan like myself and not the diehard fans that keep this sport a float in america. This move would be seen as a lets get americans to watch when most americans won't watch. In other words its not a good idea.

Worst competition ever. The fastest skater was BS. Let's see guys go up against Gartner's record! The new relay was cool, but not at the expense of the puck control relay. And I like them trying to add creativity, but the judges were stupid.

Maybe they could add a hockey fight competition. Now that would be fun!

How come on the TSN pages they mention how well everyone did except Markov in the one timers. Blatently avoiding Montreal praise again. Dumb asses will be sorry come playoff time. All kinds of praise for Kabrele though. Toronto Sports Network at their best.

I agree it should be after the season, like the NFL Probowl. Only problem then is it would draw as much interest in the States as the Probowl gets in Canada. IE none!

Did everyone miss Dipietro dropping the F-bomb?

The All-Star skill comp was...... decent at best. My favourite event was the Young Stars game, no one was playing defense but there were some really cool plays and nice shots. I also liked the hardest shot comp, but thats the same every year.

The Creative shootout thing was...... boring, i was expecting some cool stuff, Ovechkin came up big but everyone else kinda sucked. It was a major let down.

I agree it should be after the season, like the NFL Probowl. Only problem then is it would draw as much interest in the States as the Probowl gets in Canada. IE none!

Not a good comparison. Canadians watch the NHL All-Star game and not the Pro Bowl, while Americans watch neither, haha.

judges were disguting to watch, Mellanby was such a fool out there, seriously I thought Wilkins was the best one and his sport is BASKETBALL !!!! Where were Hull, Lemieux, Robitaille and Messier ??? Comon' NHL, All Star game ain't a LOCAL show.

judges were disguting to watch, Mellanby was such a fool out there, seriously I thought Wilkins was the best one and his sport is BASKETBALL !!!! Where were Hull, Lemieux, Robitaille and Messier ??? Comon' NHL, All Star game ain't a LOCAL show.

Roy? Lafluer? Howe? Belliveau? Even Tony and Phil Espo

You have to remember that next year it is in Montreal and we will show them how to do it right.

It was funny watching the judges..

1. they sucked

2. 2 of them had learned there was a sport called hockey the morning of

3. 3 of the judges just waited for Clement to put his vote up, then they would make their votes around that area

Make it count yes, but put it at the end of the season, after the SC final. It ain't no baseball here, players will get injured if it counts.

Uh? After the SC is the most anti-climax you could get...

Keep it in the middle of the season, make the break a bit longer if needed, allowing more hype to be built around it.

That way players are really "representing" their team because of the ice-advantage at stake. You would also probably get much different teams picked by the coaches. If there is something at stakes, wouldn't a coach prefer to have Komisarek on the roster than Gonchar?

It was funny watching the judges..

1. they sucked

2. 2 of them had learned there was a sport called hockey the morning of

3. 3 of the judges just waited for Clement to put his vote up, then they would make their votes around that area

I only recognized the hockey guys. Who were the others?

I think they could have done a better job with the judges. Snoop Dogg is a hockey fan isn't he? He'd be great as a judge. Elisha Cuthbert likes hockey so much she even somehow dated Sean Avery for an extended period of time. Make her a judge.

This isn't rocket surgery here.

Uh? After the SC is the most anti-climax you could get...

Keep it in the middle of the season, make the break a bit longer if needed, allowing more hype to be built around it.

That way players are really "representing" their team because of the ice-advantage at stake. You would also probably get much different teams picked by the coaches. If there is something at stakes, wouldn't a coach prefer to have Komisarek on the roster than Gonchar?

yes but... it would suck.

Seriously, you would appreciate to se Komisarek get injured because of a big hit in a meanless game like that?? not me. If he gets injured after the SC, then he has all summer long to get in shape.

other thing now : why the players at the all stars game have to be the same one at the skills competition ??? I want Afinogenov at the speed contest, Kovy for the puck control, Andre Roy for the hardest shot, etc...