Arguments about Koivu

SAKS-AVENUE

I felt like you P the G.

Won't look good on your resume Saks...

The topic started months ago and has hit peaks and valleys.

When they struggle Koivu gets even more heat, but he has played better lately and the hate has subsided somewhat.

Like it or not it is a hot topic or it would not have 9 pages and appear in essentially every game discussion.

:clap:

At least give me credit of insight! :P

Edited by KoZed

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure there are plenty of burn Kovalev on the cross threads from last year that surpassed 9 pages.Do they matter now? Where's the faith? At least Koivu isn't slamming everything in the media in Finland. How quickly everyone forgets.............Patience and respect ....It's not a perfect world. He'll come around.

There is no way Koivu ISN"T coming around! we just need to get him that suited right winger for both Koivu and Higgins. One that will push them and motivate them to work at their best. I really think he's already there in the roster... but not YET READY to move to that line... so in the meantime just prey Ryder hopefullyscores a bunch this Tuesday and saturday and maybe before next tueday we get that someone who works for us.

related to my comment before who do you think might be ready to ignite the koivu line and meets the criteria (UFA next year, got at least 3 good years left and is underperforming if he resigns with the habs, wont demand more than 5 mil per season (No RYder doesnt count!)

Recchi? Fedorov mm only one year left? Tanguay, ?? Im thinking of a Finnish player...

last option would Koivu be ok with playing third line Centre?? if he is then we can get anybody up front to build a team around our young core players

Our best player last yr? Points yes. But in the NHL, there is something called a plus/minus - no doubt U know nothing about that. In 06/07 he was a minus 21. MINUS. That isn't a positive. In fact, thats 3rd WORST on the team.

Perhaps your standards when it comes to being a captain is unreasonable, since it appears that only standard U go on is points. :wacko:

Who exactly was a better player than him all season long last year? There was no one. The team went through ups and downs but Saku was pretty constant, and yes being an almost PPG player on such a low-scoring team is a good accomplishment. It's more important than +/-, considering that almost everyone on the team last year was a minus.

Who exactly was a better player than him all season long last year? There was no one. The team went through ups and downs but Saku was pretty constant, and yes being an almost PPG player on such a low-scoring team is a good accomplishment. It's more important than +/-, considering that almost everyone on the team last year was a minus.

Hmm... well I think I would argue that Markov was our best player last year - but then Koivu would be second.

Hmm... well I think I would argue that Markov was our best player last year - but then Koivu would be second.

It was definitely those two at the top.

Hmm... Huet anyone? He went to the All-Stars Game last season.

Nah, he was good, then shaky, then injured.

This is stupid. So Neech doesn't know talent if it bludgeoned him over the head.

Habs are in first place - thats all that matters right now. They are playing good hockey, thanks esp to such players as Kovalev, some nice goaltending from Huet and Pricey Price (Notice I give no honorable mention to Crappy Saky there Neech!!)

I say, lets drop this crap and move on. GO HABS GO! :hlogo: :clap:

This is stupid. So Neech doesn't know talent if it bludgeoned him over the head.

What? Where in any of these posts do you find me giving an evaluation of talent, let alone a questionable one?

It seems the one suffering from a head-bludgeoning is you, that could explain your poor reading comprehension and childish retorts.

Who's the man?

koivu_70301.jpg

:clap:

Who's the man who is such a goddamned moron that he can't stop taking offensive zone penalties that suck the life out of his team. No, check that...who's the man who takes TWO such penalties, like a Useless Little Bastard???

This clown can't put 3 consecutive decent games together....I really do hate his F-ing guts. :angry:

Who's the man who is such a goddamned moron that he can't stop taking offensive zone penalties that suck the life out of his team. No, check that...who's the man who takes TWO such penalties, like a Useless Little Bastard???

This clown can't put 3 consecutive decent games together....I really do hate his F-ing guts. :angry:

Sheesh.

Maybe he's on the downside, hey? Not even Guy Lafleur declined gracefully. Saku was still our heart and soul for ten years...to 'hate his guts' really is a bit much.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

.... :wacko: better not let Neech see that - he might say Sak was taking the two penalties to actually help the Habs. You know, cause thats what a "good" captain does. :clap:

Sheesh.

Saku was still our heart and soul for ten years...to 'hate his guts' really is a bit much.

That Saku Koivu was the best we could do is a testament to the 'dark ages' of this franchise that followed our cup win in 1993...I've never felt he was the right man for the job. Not even in his 'prime'.

You might want ask about a Prozac prescription, you seem a little OCD with your Koivu-rage.

.... :wacko: better not let Neech see that - he might say Sak was taking the two penalties to actually help the Habs. You know, cause thats what a "good" captain does. :clap:

What? So because I dismantled your little arguments you feel the need to make childish remarks about me indirectly? It must have really stung deep, I guess.

That Saku Koivu was the best we could do is a testament to the 'dark ages' of this franchise that followed our cup win in 1993...I've never felt he was the right man for the job. Not even in his 'prime'.

He was the right man until his knee was destroyed, but I agree with what you're saying. I just can't fathom how the fact that he was condemned to playing on garbage teams translates into 'hating his guts.'

He was the right man until his knee was destroyed, but I agree with what you're saying. I just can't fathom how the fact that he was condemned to playing on garbage teams translates into 'hating his guts.'

He just drives me nuts...on a regular basis. His lack of discipline...his frequent failure to produce when we need it most...it's so bloody frustrating that I've grown to hate him.

You might want ask about a Prozac prescription, you seem a little OCD with your Koivu-rage.

I don't need Prozac. I think just getting hold of Saku, and shaking him really hard while screaming "What the hell are you thinking taking those lazy penalties in the offensive zone, you useless little bastard!!!" would be all the therapy I need. It would feel soooooo good.

He is not prepared nor will he ever be to be Captain. Its obvious. He was made captain when a bunch of losers ran the team into the ground after '93 and didn't know how to run a hockey club.

I am sure Gainey will see how this team needs a change of captancy and will address this prob in the near future. How long will we stick with this guy and his inconsistency???? He can't grab the team by the throat cause he doesn't know how to.

(Ohhhh and Neech - I would be careful - don't get into a pissing contest with a skunk) ^_^

He just drives me nuts...on a regular basis. His lack of discipline...his frequent failure to produce when we need it most...it's so bloody frustrating that I've grown to hate him.

I don't need Prozac. I think just getting hold of Saku, and shaking him really hard while screaming "What the hell are you thinking taking those lazy penalties in the offensive zone, you useless little bastard!!!" would be all the therapy I need. It would feel soooooo good.

I agree that the penalties are hard to take sometimes, but if you were really watching the game you would have noticed that last night Saks was a victim of the player(who ever it was) squeesing down his arm on Saks stick making it look like a hook. Still, no excuse a penalty is a penalty and has been happening quite frequently and always very questionable.

For these reasons alone you have the right to be pissed off. Hey throw out a few lines in frustration, no big deal. But to go on with such strange name calling and dark stabs is a little too much.

I can't tell if you are 12 and really angry or 35 and and a sloppy drunk, but I'll bet all the money in the world you wake up in the morning sometimes and read your own posts and think...."geez, I'm a loser"

I can't tell if you are 12 and really angry or 35 and and a sloppy drunk, but I'll bet all the money in the world you wake up in the morning sometimes and read your own posts and think...."geez, I'm a loser"

Wrong on all counts...and I stand by my anti-Koivu sentiments. Been overrated his whole career, and has been a detriment to the team on more nights than he's been an asset this season. You have no idea how hard I pray that somehow, I'll wake up to find out that Saku Koivu is no longer a Montreal Canadien. If somehow Bob trades for Jokinen, and manages to disgruntle Koivu so much that he asks for a trade and gets one, there will be a party at my house. Literally, I'll have a get-together to celebrate with some local Habs fans who dislike Koivu every bit as much as I do...I'm far from alone in my feelings towards him.

Edited by sbhatt

He is the last remnent of the worst era of this francise in my life, actually in modern history. I don't see how he will be the one remaining scrap that Bob keeps. This is his team now and as I said way back, he and Carbo will at some point soon appoint their captain. It may not be until after next year when Koivu's excessive contract is up.

Let's ask Bob Gainey what he thinks of Koivu.........

"Gainey also voiced support for captain Saku Koivu, who Monday said he did not want to stay in Montreal if it meant enduring more rebuilding years.

"We are not a rebuilding team," said Gainey. "For me, Koivu is a champion who hasn't got a championship yet.

"He thinks and works and eats like a champion and one day, he'll be on a championship team. It's up to us to support him. Right now, I believe it's up to

me and my department to do what we need to do to prove to these players that yes, your goals can be realized here."

Hopefully Saks will want to stick around, since he has already opened the door to be traded had Gainey wished to do so. No trade clause waiving necessary.

Edited by SAKS-AVENUE