Zednik's neck cut by a skate

JoeLassister

from RDS.ca

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/245540.html

from ESPN

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3240117

they say it looked a little like the Clint Malarchuk incident. Zednik left the ice by himself but lost a lot of blood.

this is sad, but somewhere, maybe the guys will begin to adopt the "Plekanek style", wich would be a good thing.

I just read the same thing on TSN. Zednik was my favourite Habs when we had him, and I've been following him ever since his departure.

Poor guy, these crazy injuries always come his way when he's playing his best (he had a hatrick the other night, and then a couple more in his previous game). Florida looked to be making a run for first in the Southeast division, so this is clearly a huge blow to the team should Zednik be out for an extended period of time.

Here's hoping it's not too serious and he gets back to the action sooner rather than later.

I was watching the game.......blood everywhere. The announcers said they got word he was in stable condition and on his was to the hospital.

A few minutes later they made the announcement over the PA, to let the fans know he was ok.

I feel bad for the guy. he was playing the best hockey of his life and it looked like his career was going in the right direction again.

I hope everything's going to be alright for him. Hang tough Richard !!

Man that was a horrifying thing to watch, like mentioned above, my first thought was Clint Malarchuck. Sounds like Zeddy's going to be ok, but with a gash like that and the amount of blood he left on the ice I'd bet it'll be a long time before he plays again. Speedy recovery Zeddy!!!

Glad to hear that he's ok. Classy crowd at BUF gave him a standing ovation when it was announced that he was alright.

Here's wishing him a quick recovery!

What are the odds that something like this happens in Buffalo both times?

I feel bad for Zeddy. The guy got decapitated by a cheap shot from Mclaren in 2002 and now this.

Score three against God's team and pay the price!

a few years back a kid got killed when he got hit by a puck in the neck. since then they have to wear neck guards so its unlikely that such a thing happens there.