Game Thread | Habs vs. Lightning | 12/02/08

Cataclaw

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, i just don't see how they can even win a first round series. Then again we're only 6 points in front of 9th place...The Playoffs aren't even a sure thing! I hope this isn'T the biginning of a horrible losing streak like last year!

Well, I am not going there.

We are exactly 1 week away from guys talking about 1st place, so a back to back sweep of the Flyers

will change the attitude again.

We all have fears because this team has had a tendency to pull this shit every year. But how can anybody

take any of us seriously when we panic every time they go on a losing streak.

Bruins lost so it looks like the Sabres could jump into 8th. Flyers also lost

Edited by Wamsley01

:puke: :puke: :puke:

Huet...not great, but he kept them in the game in the second and third...so overall he was average at least.

Ryder....useless.

Koivu....useless.

This is killing the team: even on a night when Higgins showed some jump at times, these two BUMS floated around out there and contributed next to nothing.

I agree, except I think that Koivu had a pretty good night in comparison compared to the others. He's well down on the list of Habs that drew my ire.

Ryder had a good first few shifts, actually hustling and then he was MIA. Put little Kosty back up there, and maybe we'll have an improved line.

Regardless, the boys have to play like they want to win. They have to work to get ugly goals. They need to play every shift like it matters.

F.UCK I'm discontent at this moment. lol Time to go fragging on Halo.

Cant be inspired to play when you have no confidence in your goalie and that is why they tensed up also they need Hamrlik back.

I really HOPE PRICE AND HAMRLIK and playing tomorrow.

BS.. if those two goals in the first are enough for this team to completely fold, then that says more about the team then the goalies. And may I remind you that Price was pretty weak against Toronto.

While the goaltenders have not won them the last three games by any means, the team has been brutal. Huet picked his game up and made those huge timely saves to keep them in it tonight and they did squat.

I do agree that Hammer is needed, but Pittsburgh has managed to pass us without Crosby for a month. Surely this team can suck it up with hammer out and at least put in an effort. We have been basically injury free all year compared with many teams.

If Koivu doesn't step up soon, trade him. I have run out of patience. for all this talk about his leadership skills, i sure as hell haven't seen any of it this year.

I agree, except I think that Koivu had a pretty good night in comparison compared to the others. He's well down on the list of Habs that drew my ire.

Ryder had a good first few shifts, actually hustling and then he was MIA. Put little Kosty back up there, and maybe we'll have an improved line.

Regardless, the boys have to play like they want to win. They have to work to get ugly goals. They need to play every shift like it matters.

F.UCK I'm discontent at this moment. lol Time to go fragging on Halo.

This team was rolling when the top line was grooving and they were getting goals from the Lats line and the Smolinski line.

Koivu's line needs to step up. This was another night where the majority of the chances came from the Kovy line.

BS.. if those two goals in the first are enough for this team to completely fold, then that says more about the team then the goalies. And may I remind you that Price was pretty weak against Toronto.

While the goaltenders have not won them the last three games by any means, the team has been brutal. Huet picked his game up and made those huge timely saves to keep them in it tonight and they did squat.

I do agree that Hammer is needed, but Pittsburgh has managed to pass us without Crosby for a month. Surely this team can suck it up with hammer out and at least put in an effort. We have been basically injury free all year compared with many teams.

If Koivu doesn't step up soon, trade him. I have run out of patience. for all this talk about his leadership skills, i sure as hell haven't seen any of it this year.

Early goals that are soft crush teams no matter how good they are.

If you want another exampe check out the Red Wings game tonight.

When your goalies SUCK it lets the air out of your sails.

Well, I am not going there.

We are exactly 1 week away from guys talking about 1st place, so a back to back sweep of the Flyers

will change the attitude again.

We all have fears because this team has had a tendency to pull this shit every year. But how can anybody

take any of us seriously when we panic every time they go on a losing streak.

Bruins lost so it looks like the Sabres could jump into 8th. Flyers also lost

To me, its not the three game losing streak, it is the complete lack of effort and heart these guys show. they have a ton of talent and some nice goals, but if they don't work they suck.

Higgins gets a freeby and Streit make a nice pass.. after that they basically sat on their asses.

If they lost while putting in good efforts, if they only lost to the best teams, despite a solid effort, then I would not be worried. However, as soon as they got close to first, they folded... that worries me.

Early goals that are soft crush teams no matter how good they are.

If you want another exampe check out the Red Wings game tonight.

When your goalies SUCK it lets the air out of your sails.

They stopped playing before those goals went in and Huet picked it up. There is no excuse for 50 minutes of lazy. Tampa managed just fine bouncing back after 2 goals in the first. They picked up their skating and went to work.

I am not going to hang this one on Huet, that just lets off the rest of the team. Yeah, first goal was soft.. .if we can't win if there is a bad goal, we won't make the playoffs. All goalies let in bad goals. Good teams get it back for them.

Huet is your number 1 guy, he is the guy they need. Price is a rookie.

So this is on him, not Carey Price who by your words who is not ready to be an NHL starter. Huet needs to step up and steal a couple of games.

He is the guy that we are supposed to invest in for 4 years. If he is going to play at a level where we use "it wasn't his fault that we lost"

then the Habs will be scraping along at 8th. He needs to raise his level when it matters.

This is what the Huet detractors are talking about. He needs to steal some games when the Habs don't show up.

That is what I expect from Price in the future, but if Huet is not going to do it, then I don't worry about Price replacing him

because I am sure he can play well enough where it is not his fault.

Like I said before, Huet needs to bail them out. If he does it then you will not be fighting with guys on the board every night.

This team has now lost 3 of his last 4 starts in which he has a terrible save percentage, He is approaching his career high in

games played. Should we be worried?

Really tough to win when your best Dman sucks defensively, yeah talking about Markov... where is the shutdown Markov of the first 35 games ???

I don't think Markov had a particularly bad game, on the final goal he made a nice play to get the puck and it sure looked like Lecavalier hooked him to get the turnover.

Overall this was a crappy game, we didn't deserve to win. Our faceoffs were terrible again, and our defensive zone coverage was weak. Our D-men had a poor showing, Komisarek has been less strong lately, Gorges made several cafouillages, and Brisebois was his usual useless self. Our offense wasn't good, but it wasn't terrible, our inability to win a faceoff definitely hurt there. I don't know how many times Higgins will have to have the puck poke-checked away from him on a breakaway for him to learn to not try to stick-handle past the defense, he just isn't that kind of player. Take a quick shot looking for a rebound, wait for someone to pass to, or dump it in the corners; he's been making this mistake all year. And Ryder needs to relearn that the net is 6 by 4 feet, no 10 by 8, maybe that will help him actually get a shot on goal. And I'm mystified as to why Smolinski is regularly in the lineup.

There were a few positives from this game though. Although Huet looked bad on each of the goals, he had a very strong game besides that and kept us close with big saves. And in the final minute we created some great chances to tie with those passes from big teets. O'Byrne had a decent first game back.

Overall it was a poor performance, and we better bounce back tomorrow if we don't want to fall into a real slump.

I don't think Markov had a particularly bad game, on the final goal he made a nice play to get the puck and it sure looked like Lecavalier hooked him to get the turnover.

Overall this was a crappy game, we didn't deserve to win. Our faceoffs were terrible again, and our defensive zone coverage was weak. Our D-men had a poor showing, Komisarek has been less strong lately, Gorges made several cafouillages, and Brisebois was his usual useless self. Our offense wasn't good, but it wasn't terrible, our inability to win a faceoff definitely hurt there. I don't know how many times Higgins will have to have the puck poke-checked away from him on a breakaway for him to learn to not try to stick-handle past the defense, he just isn't that kind of player. Take a quick shot looking for a rebound, wait for someone to pass to, or dump it in the corners; he's been making this mistake all year. And Ryder needs to relearn that the net is 6 by 4 feet, no 10 by 8, maybe that will help him actually get a shot on goal. And I'm mystified as to why Smolinski is regularly in the lineup.

There were a few positives from this game though. Although Huet looked bad on each of the goals, he had a very strong game besides that and kept us close with big saves. And in the final minute we created some great chances to tie with those passes from big teets. O'Byrne had a decent first game back.

Overall it was a poor performance, and we better bounce back tomorrow if we don't want to fall into a real slump.

Unfortunately they have created this choking enviroment the last couple of years so with every loss the pressure mounts.

I'm relaxed, and I'm breathing nice big full breaths. Then I check the out of town scoreboard on TSN and I see Buffalo leading Ottawa 3-1.

I'M PISSED!!!!

I am irritated and frustrated that is for sure, pissed? Talk to me tomorrow.

I'm relaxed, and I'm breathing nice big full breaths. Then I check the out of town scoreboard on TSN and I see Buffalo leading Ottawa 3-1.

I'M PISSED!!!!

Yeah would make it only 5 points difference between them and Montreal.

Huet is your number 1 guy, he is the guy they need. Price is a rookie.

So this is on him, not Carey Price who by your words who is not ready to be an NHL starter. Huet needs to step up and steal a couple of games.

He is the guy that we are supposed to invest in for 4 years. If he is going to play at a level where we use "it wasn't his fault that we lost"

then the Habs will be scraping along at 8th. He needs to raise his level when it matters.

This is what the Huet detractors are talking about. He needs to steal some games when the Habs don't show up.

That is what I expect from Price in the future, but if Huet is not going to do it, then I don't worry about Price replacing him

because I am sure he can play well enough where it is not his fault.

Like I said before, Huet needs to bail them out. If he does it then you will not be fighting with guys on the board every night.

This team has now lost 3 of his last 4 starts in which he has a terrible save percentage, He is approaching his career high in

games played. Should we be worried?

Okay, lets all blame Huet.. it was a tie game after 20 minute but I guess Huet needs to score for them too and if he ever makes a mistake the team is off the hook. Who could blame them after all.

Yeah would make it only 5 points difference between them and Montreal.

Hey you have to play hard in all 82 to make the playoffs in the new NHL. A major slump will just make us sweat

out the last 2 months.

Don't think they will? Are you saving it for a bigger game?

The Sakus lost in a big way on Saturday night against the Sens.

So I just don't have the motivation to drive down town and pick up anymore

Also I am working nights this week.

Okay, lets all blame Huet.. it was a tie game after 20 minute but I guess Huet needs to score for them too and if he ever makes a mistake the team is off the hook. Who could blame them after all.

I did not blame Huet, I said that he is the starting goalie, to earn the contract you want to give him

he has to steal games. If he plays the way he did in the 2nd and 3rd in the first period that game was there to be stolen.

Games are not stolen when you outplay the other team. Was it his fault they lost? No

But he could have been the reason they won, but he wasn't.

If that is what Huet is going to bring, then Price can replace that.

The Sakus lost in a big way on Saturday night against the Sens.

So I just don't have the motivation to drive down town and pick up anymore

Also I am working nights this week.

Ouch, I think I have one left over, maybe I will pound it back tomorrow night.

Edited by Wamsley01

Timely saves are what Ramo provided, he robbed us at least 2 times when should have tied it. And all the "timely" saves by huet are not good enough when he gives up 2 bad goals, the second of which was in the last minute of the first, those goals are always backbreakers. The thing that really gets me is you have no problem letting everyone know when you think price lets in a bad goal, or plays a bad game. Yet you are always finding excuses for huet when somebody says the same about him. I really don't care about Huet's save % when he is regularly allowing 1 or 2 bad goals a game. I would much rather he start with stopping the ones that should be routine saves for any NHL calibre goalie, then worry about making the "big save" when we are already down in the game. The weak goals are just really hard for a team to come back from, no matter who the team is, not only us.

Timely saves are what Ramo provided, he robbed us at least 2 times when should have tied it. And all the "timely" saves by huet are not good enough when he gives up 2 bad goals, the second of which was in the last minute of the first, those goals are always backbreakers. The thing that really gets me is you have no problem letting everyone know when you think price lets in a bad goal, or plays a bad game. Yet you are always finding excuses for huet when somebody says the same about him. I really don't care about Huet's save % when he is regularly allowing 1 or 2 bad goals a game. I would much rather he start with stopping the ones that should be routine saves for any NHL calibre goalie, then worry about making the "big save" when we are already down in the game. The weak goals are just really hard for a team to come back from, no matter who the team is, not only us.

Yeah, but Rammo was Aebischeresque. He was more lucky than good. i have seen him 4-5 times and I don't think that guy

is an NHL goalie.