The Official 2008 Trade Deadline Thread

Captain_Stealth

The werid thing is Sundin and Hossa could still remain with their respective teams once the trade deadline hits. :unsure:

As for Brad Richards, Scott Morrison from Satelitte Hotstove just said we're leading the pack for Richards with Columbus and Chicago in there. Richards would only really be willing to waive it for a playoff team looking to make a run and that's where we're a fit over the other teams. I REALLY hope Nonis can pull this off!

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sundin possibly but after yesterday, it's basically guaranteed Waddell is going to move Hossa.

I'll be surprised if Buffalo doesn't move Campbell either.

From what I've gathered, Waddell is going to need a hockey deal or he won't move Hossa. This being that the offers he may receive might not be able to help him achieve his plan of making the playoffs. So if the deal doesn't come, he'll keep Hossa to keep his job.

Brad Stuart will not re-sign in LA it looks like and will be shopped. So there you go Mike.;) Campbell I bet moves as well. My guess is San Jose still.

If TB moves Richards, I doubt you'll see Boyle go.

From what I've gathered, Waddell is going to need a hockey deal or he won't move Hossa. This being that the offers he may receive might not be able to help him achieve his plan of making the playoffs. So if the deal doesn't come, he'll keep Hossa to keep his job.

Brad Stuart will not re-sign in LA it looks like and will be shopped. So there you go Mike.;) Campbell I bet moves as well. My guess is San Jose still.

If TB moves Richards, I doubt you'll see Boyle go.

Yeah but I really doubt Hossa stays in Atlanta anymore so Waddell either moves him to atleast get something or keeps him and then loses him for nothing. I think either way, he gets fired in the off-season. His time is done.

Brad Stuart in Colorado would be awesome. I think we're pretty much guaranteed to trade Liles at this point so maybe LA has some interest in him. Avs scouts have been spotted in Pittsburgh though so it's more likely Liles goes to the Pens for a guy like Erik Christensen.

I'd be ecstatic if we found a suitor for Tyler Arnason as well.

TSN is reporting Brad Richards has been asked to waive his NTC for Vancouver, Dallas or Columbus. I hope it's Vancouver.

Garrioch also speculated in the paper today that Adam Foote could be moved to Colorado for a draft pick. Thats pretty cheap so I'd do that.

Sundin will not waive no trade clause

TSN Story

After weeks of trade speculation, Maple Leafs captain Mats Sundin has made his decision and will not waive his no trade clause.

Sundin and his agent J.P. Barry met in Ottawa on Sunday in an effort to provide Toronto Maple Leafs general manager Cliff Fletcher with an official answer on whether or not the Leaf captain will consent to a trade.

"I have carefully considered the team's request that I waive my no-trade clause," Sundin said in a statement. "I have always believed I would finish my career as a Toronto Maple Leaf so the actual request was still a very difficult one for me to contemplate."

"I have spoken to and listened to my family and those closest to me about this issue. In the end, there is no right decision in a situation like this one."

"I cannot leave my teammates and join another NHL Club at this time. I have never believed in the concept of a rental player. It is my belief that winning the Stanley Cup is the greatest thing you can achieve in hockey but for me, in order to appreciate it you have to have been part of the entire journey and that means October through June. I hope everyone will understand and respect my decision."

if this is all true, don't expect hossa to come to montreal. his stock just skyrocketed.

LOL. Fletcher must be sooooo pissed off !!!

I lose respect for Mats Sundin now.

If he honestly cared about the Cup AND helping Toronto, he'd waive his NTC. Disgusting.

I have lost all respect for your loss of respect and respectfully disagree with any respect you may have had.

What that means I have no idea so I will just shut up and sit in my corner quietly and wait for the AVS to get healthy :lol::lol:

In all seriousness, he took a HUGe pay reduction compared to what LAUGHS should have paid him for a NTC.

NTC means he never wanted to be a rental, so Leaf Media and fans are the most daft people in their universe....

Edited by InsaneAVSfan

In all seriousness, he took a HUGe pay reduction compared to what LAUGHS should have paid him for a NTC.

NTC means he never wanted to be a rental, so Leaf Media and fans are the most daft people in their universe....

Agreed....he took that NTC in lieu of a significant amout of money had he simply gone to the highest bidder...he has every right to make the team live by it.

There are other guys around the league who got full market value (or were grossly overpaid) AND got a NTC who you might be bitter about, but Sundin doesn't fall into that category.

Edited by sbhatt

I have lost all respect for your loss of respect and respectfully disagree with any respect you may have had.

What that means I have no idea so I will just shut up and sit in my corner quietly and wait for the AVS to get healthy :lol::lol:

We are healthy though!

Well we're still missing Clark but Sakic came back last night! But we lost...that means we should deal a pick for Adam Foote. I'm willing to part with as high as 2nd round pick.

I've officially started dreaming about the trade deadline. And not even anything relevant with the Avs, I just see random names who I know will never get traded. 2 I can remember from last night are Lukas Krajicek and Mike Komisarek

if this is all true, don't expect hossa to come to montreal. his stock just skyrocketed.

LOL. Fletcher must be sooooo pissed off !!!

BOb will probably keep trying even if the price is too high. At the very least this might lead to Murray giving more than he wanted to :lol:

With 24 hours to go until the NHL's trade deadline, the Calgary Flames don't appear willing to deal away winger Alex Tanguay. General Manager Darryl Sutter told reporters on Monday afternoon that he is not trading Tanguay and he likes the make up of his team.

TSN - Flames' GM Sutter won't deal Tanguay