Miracle in Montreal | Habs vs. Rangers | 19/02/08

Cataclaw

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's easy to blame the goalie, too many people like taking the easy way out. Good for Ryder re discovering he can score goals! Too bad some other team will probably benefit from it. Ryder definitely has his confidence back.

It is easy to blame the goalie. But even though they were outplayed Huet and Price could have held them in this game.

I think all 5 goals were stoppable. The first goal should not have gone in, the second one you could blame on Pleks

not picking up Avery, but it was a terrible rebound, the 3rd goal, I guess it was a quick release but Price did not seem

to track it well at all. The first goal on Huet was along the ice from 35 feet away, I didn't see a tip and the 5th of the night

Huet was on his knees before Drury even took the pass.

If one of them comes up with a couple of big saves this game is not way out of reach.

This game is a team effort, nobody showed up. They had 20 minutes to gather themselves and start the second on the PP

and that didn't help either.

No one escapes responsibilty for that mess.

That is a weak penalty call though.

Trade coming tomorrow ! for whomever scores on the habs tonight :)

Has any team ever come back from a 5-0 score?

Yep, years ago I watched the Leafs go into the locker room after the 2nd leading the Flames...Calgary won that game 6-5! It was the hardest I had laughed in years :lol:

Komi is going to kill a Ranger or two before the night's over!

Edited by Fat Tony

Yep, years ago I watched the Leafs go into the locker room after the 2nd leading the Flames...Calgary won that game 6-5! It was the hardest I had laughed in years :lol:

Leafs blew a 5-0 lead to the Blues 3-4 years ago in the 3rd and lost 6-5

Penalty killed! :clap:

And another

It is easy to blame the goalie. But even though they were outplayed Huet and Price could have held them in this game.

I think all 5 goals were stoppable. The first goal should not have gone in, the second one you could blame on Pleks

not picking up Avery, but it was a terrible rebound, the 3rd goal, I guess it was a quick release but Price did not seem

to track it well at all. The first goal on Huet was along the ice from 35 feet away, I didn't see a tip and the 5th of the night

Huet was on his knees before Drury even took the pass.

If one of them comes up with a couple of big saves this game is not way out of reach.

This game is a team effort, nobody showed up. They had 20 minutes to gather themselves and start the second on the PP

and that didn't help either.

No one escapes responsibilty for that mess.

That is a weak penalty call though.

Shannahan not only tipped the one on huet, he got credit for the goal, not the guy who shot the puck...

All butterfly goalies go down when a guy is that close.. they play the percentages and in this case, the shot was perfect.

I also think the 3rd goal on Price was not that bad.

I don't think either goalie is robbing guys, but the team is playing brutal tonight. Except Ryder, he wants to get traded now. :)

Shannahan not only tipped the one on huet, he got credit for the goal, not the guy who shot the puck...

All butterfly goalies go down when a guy is that close.. they play the percentages and in this case, the shot was perfect.

I also think the 3rd goal on Price was not that bad.

I don't think either goalie is robbing guys, but the team is playing brutal tonight. Except Ryder, he wants to get traded now. :)

He went down way early. Simple as that. Just because butterfly goalies go down, doesn't mean it is the right play.

The puck was not a wrap around, he didn't need to cover the post or bottom of the net.

From the replay I saw the first one looked like it would have went in anyways.

But whatever, I am not defending Price. I could have used a weak excuse and said that the Jagr shot was tipped by Dubinsky

and that is why Price gave up the rebound, but that would be weak. All were stoppable pucks, none were stopped.

Edited by Wamsley01

Still a period left, let's see if Avery has enough teeth left to laugh at the end of the game...I'm betting no :lol:

They just need to go out and make the Rangers pay the price to win the game. Bring it hard for 20 minutes

and maybe something good will happen.

They just need to go out and make the Rangers pay the price to win the game. Bring it hard for 20 minutes

and maybe something good will happen.

I'm loving Komi's fire, but he needs to reel it in a bit while the game is still somewhat in reach...hey, ya gotta believe or else I'd be watching th Leafs :lol: The Habs get the next goal early, the Rangers will be seriously looking over their shoulders.

Check out TSN.ca.....Rumour is BG is about to make a splash.

If so, it has to be Ryder. That would explain him being in the last couple of games and his turn around...maybe Gainey said you're getting your wish, get in there and score a couple and make it easy for me.