Miracle in Montreal | Habs vs. Rangers | 19/02/08

Cataclaw

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the Rags miss the playoffs.

Also Price was BAD REALLY bad on the 1st 2 goals.

Habs need to score on that PP to start the 2nd.

Ryder blew it on the 1st goal

Plekanec on the 2nd

3rd was just fantastic goal by Jagr and Shanny

BUT BOTTOM LINE PRICE HAS TO MAKE 2 SAVES TEHRE.

Theoretically, it should be 1-0 NY right now...Shanahans goal i will let go because he has one of the best releases in the league; but the Dubinski goal and the Avery goal have GOT to be stopped. If anybody whines about how Price should lead this team to the playoffs from this point on......you need your head examined. We need Huet...tonight pretty much puts an exclamation mark on that. Who cares if we lose him to free agency in the offseason....at least we know that if Price sh*ts the bed in the playoffs (if he starts...which I am high doubts still) Huet will be there with playoff hockey experience.

Ummm...who was it again who was taunting me about Price being tired and maybe not being the one who should start this game???

Price is not tired just made 2 mistakes and those mistakes were bad and it is his fault that those first 2 went in but it has nothing to do with being tired.

I hope the Rags miss the playoffs.

Also Price was BAD REALLY bad on the 1st 2 goals.

Habs need to score on that PP to start the 2nd.

Ryder blew it on the 1st goal

Plekanec on the 2nd

3rd was just fantastic goal by Jagr and Shanny

BUT BOTTOM LINE PRICE HAS TO MAKE 2 SAVES TEHRE.

Habs fans have a common thread over the years, BLAME THE GOALIE AND IGNORE THE REST OF THE PROBLEMS. Yes, Price had a bad start, but how soon we forget that he stood on his head and stole 3 wins for us pulling us out of a 3 game losing streak where many of you were saying Huet stunk. We just got badly outplayed in the 1st period, consider that maybe the team was just as off as the goalie. NEWSFLASH: ALL GOALIES HAVE BAD GAMES! Each and every one of them in the history of the game has had bad games.

Edited by Fat Tony

Price is not tired just made 2 mistakes and those mistakes were bad and it is his fault that those first 2 went in but it has nothing to do with being tired.

Shhhh! Let me have my fun and rib SAKS-AVENUE... ^_^

I think that the habs took the Rags offense too lightly.

Jagr can be out of scoresheets for a while but things come around and

there is 3 points for him in one period.

There is something risky when Jagr is not on the other team game plan, it gives him

space, space gives him points.

There was good offensive chances for the habs, hope they don't give up it would

be a shame for all the fans in the stands.

Ummm...who was it again who was taunting me about Price being tired and maybe not being the one who should start this game???

Price is a young, healthy, professional athlete. Although I don't doubt he was tired after the back-to-back games, there's virtually no chance that he still feels the impact tonight. It's like suggesting that someone is hungover 2 days after drinking.

Habs fans have a common thread over the years, BLAME THE GOALIE AND IGNORE THE REST OF THE PROBLEMS. Yes, Price had a bad start, but how soon we forget that he stood on his head and stole 3 wins for us pulling us out of a 6 game losing streak where many of you were saying Huet stunk. We just got badly outplayed in the 1st period, consider that maybe the team was just as off as the goalie. NEWSFLASH: ALL GOALIES HAVE BAD GAMES! Each and every one of them in the history of the game has had bad games.

When did we lose 6 in a row?

Price is a young, healthy, professional athlete. Although I don't doubt he was tired after the back-to-back games, there's virtually no chance that he still feels the impact tonight. It's like suggesting that someone is hungover 2 days after drinking.

When did we lose 6 in a row?

LOL, Typo, 3 in a row :lol:

Hi all... what the heck is happenning , price gets chased... 3-0 !

I hate the rangers but they have our number and would not like to meet them in the playoffs.

I don't think we can do it to them like they did to us last visit 3 down.

Edited by jrhabs

Habs fans have a common thread over the years, BLAME THE GOALIE AND IGNORE THE REST OF THE PROBLEMS. Yes, Price had a bad start, but how soon we forget that he stood on his head and stole 3 wins for us pulling us out of a 6 game losing streak where many of you were saying Huet stunk. We just got badly outplayed in the 1st period, consider that maybe the team was just as off as the goalie. NEWSFLASH: ALL GOALIES HAVE BAD GAMES! Each and every one of them in the history of the game has had bad games.

You know...usually I wouldn't be this upset with todays effort (and I am sure everyone else is thinking the same)...but there is just too much on the line for this game. It seems as if every time we are within striking distance of passing Ottawa...we Blow it....And there is just too much at stake to just roll over and laugh this game off....Isn't everyone else sick of this recurring trend? We need to capitalize on this opportunity!!!!

Aka: Out of town scoreboard

Philly 0- Ottawa 1

Florida 1- Pittsburgh 0

Tomorrow New Jersey plays a tired San Jose Sharks team which has had a long roadtrip....Most likely a win...Now here's the standings...

Sens-73

Devils-73

Hurricanes-64

Habs-73

Penguins-71

Rangers-67

Every point matters now...whether its an OT loss, or a outright win...we need these points...it could make all the difference in the world if we start the playoffs on the road.

Fookin hell I hate that f'n team, moreso becasue we can't beat them - close game, blowout, whatever.

Problem with big, defensive, veteran-laden teams. Said it before, happening again. Learning curve, I suppose...

But F*0$%&$'#!!!!!! I hate all NY teams in anything. Especially Rags.

[jinx]

The Rangers' D is just too strong for us. They shut us down and there's nothing we can do about it. We can't score on Lundqvist. Its over...

[/jinx]

This worked last season...

No way do we score 5 goals on Lundqvist.