Brisebois' Playoff Performance

CBHabs_fan

Isn't it great to have some good depth as people are thinking Carbo will have problems on who to sit if and when Koivu and Bouillon are ready to play.

For Koivu, most likely it would be Dandy or Lats sitting, as Streit has earned the right to dress and is needed on the PP unit, even with his struggles so far.

As for the Cube, unless he is 100% health i would not put him in the lineup as he is only the Habs #5 or #6 dman. Maybe inserted for O'byrne or Breezer, but not with the way Breezer has stepped it up so far. I could see him replacing OB, then the pairings would be Marky-Komi, Hammy-Breezer, and Gorges-Bouillon. That is fairly solid.

I have to disagree here as I pretty much cringed every time he had the puck last night. He looks scared of contact and panicky out there. Sure he can pass, but all you have to do is pressure him and he is a liability.

Yah, he scored the GWG last night, but do we really expect to see much more of that???

Sit Breezer.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to disagree here as I pretty much cringed every time he had the puck last night. He looks scared of contact and panicky out there. Sure he can pass, but all you have to do is pressure him and he is a liability.

Yah, he scored the GWG last night, but do we really expect to see much more of that???

Sit Breezer.

I disagree, and so do most reporters who are on the beat. THey say Breezer has been playing some very good hockey lately. The guy who has sucked is Streit!

I disagree, and so do most reporters who are on the beat. THey say Breezer has been playing some very good hockey lately. The guy who has sucked is Streit!

I actually think the whole defence has been sucking. Hamrlik has been great and I suppose Brisebois has been doing a bit better than he normally does. But Markov and Streit are playing way below their potential, Gorges isn't doing his best and Komisarek is doing his best (he doesn't look 100%) but still below what he's capable of.

I would say that once Markov or Streit wakes up, the series is over and the Bruins won't have a chance. Because the only thing keeping them in it is our weak powerplay, which we can blame on our struggling pointmen.

Who gives a sh*t what the reporters think? I watch all the games and probably play more and know more hockey than most of them.

For every good pass he makes, he bobbles it and almost costs us. Plus he doesnt play ANY physical game.

"Breezer" and "very good hockey" = oxymoron

Sit Breezer.

Not sure if were watching the same games, but from what i have seen in the first 3 games Hamrlik has been the Habs best d-man and when he and Breezer have been paired together they have been solid. Breezer has made the smart, easy passes and has even shown more grit in his own end then i expected. Markov has been decent as has Komi. Gorges has been OK and has been roughed up a little bit. Streit looked kinda poorus when he was on D, thus shown in his limited icetime 5on5 on D in the first 3 games. O'byrne made his debut and was OK, but does not move the puck as well as Breezer, and unfortunately OB and Gorges have not played much together. When the Cube gets back i believe he will go in for OB and team up with Gorges.

Not sure if were watching the same games, but from what i have seen in the first 3 games Hamrlik has been the Habs best d-man and when he and Breezer have been paired together they have been solid. Breezer has made the smart, easy passes and has even shown more grit in his own end then i expected. Markov has been decent as has Komi. Gorges has been OK and has been roughed up a little bit. Streit looked kinda poorus when he was on D, thus shown in his limited icetime 5on5 on D in the first 3 games. O'byrne made his debut and was OK, but does not move the puck as well as Breezer, and unfortunately OB and Gorges have not played much together. When the Cube gets back i believe he will go in for OB and team up with Gorges.

As I said, I'm seeing one bad play for every "decent" play.

When push comes to shove out there...he will screw up and cost us.

I actually think the whole defence has been sucking. Hamrlik has been great and I suppose Brisebois has been doing a bit better than he normally does. But Markov and Streit are playing way below their potential, Gorges isn't doing his best and Komisarek is doing his best (he doesn't look 100%) but still below what he's capable of.

I would say that once Markov or Streit wakes up, the series is over and the Bruins won't have a chance. Because the only thing keeping them in it is our weak powerplay, which we can blame on our struggling pointmen.

Speaking of struggling pointmen. My buddy was visiting me here in Nashville over the weekend. We went to go get some Souvenirs for his kids. While looking at T-Shirts Sheldon Souray walked in. I told him it's a shame he's not a Habs anymore. he said "Ya, they seem to be doing pretty good this year." He had no idea what the series was at with the Bruins. He seemed like a really nice guy and man is he a Friggin tank.HUGE

Edited by SAKS-AVENUE

As I said, I'm seeing one bad play for every "decent" play.

When push comes to shove out there...he will screw up and cost us.

Well "when push comes to shove out there..." last night Breezer fired home the eventual winner to give the Habs a 3-1 series lead.

Well "when push comes to shove out there..." last night Breezer fired home the eventual winner to give the Habs a 3-1 series lead.

No shit. So he will have to cost us a game to make up for the game HE WON last night.

It amazes me how the attitude and expectations have changed on this board over 6 months. Some people really need to go back in the archives

and check their attitude in October and balance it to what their expectations have become.

A 3-1 series lead, 4 goals allowed over 5 games and all I hear is how terrible the defense is playing. The same D that held the Bruins to 6 shots

in the third while clinging to a 1 goal lead and the same D that held the Bruins to 1 shot in the final 7 minutes. The same D that provided the game winning goal.

I come on the board midway through the second period and all I hear is moaning about how the Habs suck and need to step it up and this is ridiculous.

Calling out this player, calling out that player, we can't even outplay the Bruins.

This team is 1. New to success 2.Young and 3. LEADING THE SERIES 3 GAMES TO 1!!!!

You know the last time the Habs lead a series 3 games to 1? Let's just say there was a riot and Stanley Cup parade that immediately followed that game.

It certainly didn't take long for people to get comfortable with the Canadiens being a contender again :rolleyes:

Who gives a sh*t what the reporters think? I watch all the games and probably play more and know more hockey than most of them.

For every good pass he makes, he bobbles it and almost costs us. Plus he doesnt play ANY physical game.

"Breezer" and "very good hockey" = oxymoron

You'll forgive me if I prefer to believe what Red Fisher and Bertrand Raymond think instead of you. :rolleyes: They have over 90 years of experience between the two of them.

I tend to agree with them, Cause I also watched every single game! Brisebois has been playing very well since the begining of this series.

Hamrlik has been great and I suppose Brisebois has been doing a bit better than he normally does. But Markov and Streit are playing way below their potential, Gorges isn't doing his best and Komisarek is doing his best (he doesn't look 100%) but still below what he's capable of.

True, Hamrlik has been our best d-man out there. Georges seems to be having some difficulty, but seeing as he's only 23, i'll be patient with the kid. I get the impression Gorges is made out of rubber. The guy gets pounded into the boards, yet he always gets back up. :clap:

Komisarek is still injured, but at least last night, you could see that he was feeling more comfortable out there. That mean streak that he usually plays with was back. As the playoffs move forward, Komisarek's play will improve. :clap:

Markov and Streit seem to be nervous out there. Streit can always be moved to a forward position, but we need Markov to calm down and settle into his game. Hopefully it'll happen tomorrow night!

Edited by Habsfan

Gotta agree that Brisbois has beeen good. Not great, but far above the expectations I had of him.

Markov and Komisarek will get better. Komi is just coming back so I am sure he gets winded easily.

But, obviously Hamrlik has been one of the best players on the ice in each game, not to mention our best defenseman.

Get Koivu ready for Round 2, the Habs will be fine.

No shit. So he will have to cost us a game to make up for the game HE WON last night.

It amazes me how the attitude and expectations have changed on this board over 6 months. Some people really need to go back in the archives

and check their attitude in October and balance it to what their expectations have become.

A 3-1 series lead, 4 goals allowed over 5 games and all I hear is how terrible the defense is playing. The same D that held the Bruins to 6 shots

in the third while clinging to a 1 goal lead and the same D that held the Bruins to 1 shot in the final 7 minutes. The same D that provided the game winning goal.

I come on the board midway through the second period and all I hear is moaning about how the Habs suck and need to step it up and this is ridiculous.

Calling out this player, calling out that player, we can't even outplay the Bruins.

This team is 1. New to success 2.Young and 3. LEADING THE SERIES 3 GAMES TO 1!!!!

You know the last time the Habs lead a series 3 games to 1? Let's just say there was a riot and Stanley Cup parade that immediately followed that game.

It certainly didn't take long for people to get comfortable with the Canadiens being a contender again :rolleyes:

Not sure if your post is voicing for or against Brisebois' play, as when you say "he won" the game for us....I can only assume you are being sarcastic.

I personally think our defense has been good, just dont like Breezer out there.

I'm also quite comfortable being a contender.

I can see a lot of people think Brisebois played "well" last night. To each his own. I think he has made some good outlet passes, but I prefer a d-man who will go in the corners, and doesnt cough the puck up with any amount of pressure.

I'm quite sure many of us will be cursing Breezer again sooner or later.

Yes, so let's give him a free pass to play however he wants the rest of the playoffs.

Come to think of it, let's just forget how bad he has been since we re-acquired him ^_^

Not sure if your post is voicing for or against Brisebois' play, as when you say "he won" the game for us....I can only assume you are being sarcastic.

I personally think our defense has been good, just dont like Breezer out there.

I'm also quite comfortable being a contender.

I can see a lot of people think Brisebois played "well" last night. To each his own. I think he has made some good outlet passes, but I prefer a d-man who will go in the corners, and doesnt cough the puck up with any amount of pressure.

I'm quite sure many of us will be cursing Breezer again sooner or later.

I think he was making the same point as you.

I agree about Breezer. That was a great shot, and the with how this series has gone, I'd rather him on the powerplay point than Streit, or put lil Kosty there. But Breezer loses most of his battles for the puck.

Of course everyone is happy with being up 3-1, and happy with the way the team has battled to win at Boston's game. But there are obvious problems that people are entitled to point out.

The people that are being called out are not the young, new to success guys...it's mainly our leaders like Kovy and Markov who really need to step it up. For us not to realize that without Price and without some good fortune, we could be down 3-1, would be ignorant.

I'm personally very happy with where the team is, as we all should be.....even if we didnt win another game this year. But what I also realize is that we have a real shot here to run the East, and then, who knows. But our stars and our offense, need to step up tp go even further.

You shouldnt be so surprised to come on the board and see people worried about us being 0 -for- 18 on the PP, and relying on the 4th line and Price to win the games..

Gotta agree that Brisbois has beeen good. Not great, but far above the expectations I had of him.

Markov and Komisarek will get better. Komi is just coming back so I am sure he gets winded easily.

But, obviously Hamrlik has been one of the best players on the ice in each game, not to mention our best defenseman.

Get Koivu ready for Round 2, the Habs will be fine.

Brisebois has been good. Good for the $700k a year he's pulling in (or around there).

But that's like saying that a $5 hooker is good, when what she's doing could be done so much better by someone else younger, or more skilled (even if they cost more money).

I think, when Bouillion gets back, he should take Gorges' place (for a game, so he can get his head in check - he's been erratic these past few games), then take Brisebois' spot permanently. O'Byrne deserves to stick around, even if we end up playing Philadelphia next round.

And Dandenault really needs to sit when Koivu gets back, so Ryder can get some chemistry 101 lessons from the Professor.

Anyone reckon I can get away with calling Koivu "The Professor" from now on? Professor Saku? The Prof?

No?

Fine.

Yes, so let's give him a free pass to play however he wants the rest of the playoffs.

Come to think of it, let's just forget how bad he has been since we re-acquired him ^_^

As much as I would have agreed with you at the start of the year, I am sure glad you have nothing to do with the decision what players make the lineup. I am enjoying the hockey games and cheering the team on.

I suggest kick back and relax as you and I will never get to choose who plays. THe team is playing good defensively and one guy will not kill a teams chances of advancing. YOu made your point over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...................................................................... :hlogo:

As much as I would have agreed with you at the start of the year, I am sure glad you have nothing to do with the decision what players make the lineup. I am enjoying the hockey games and cheering the team on.

I suggest kick back and relax as you and I will never get to choose who plays. THe team is playing good defensively and one guy will not kill a teams chances of advancing. YOu made your point over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...................................................................... :hlogo:

I made my point, that I think Breezy is a liability, yes. Then I re-butted to people that didnt share my opinion. That's how message boards work. It's called discussion. I think "over and over........" is a bit much considering its just an ongoing discussion.

What is your point, by the way? Or did you just post to stir up sh*t?

Of course everyone is happy with being up 3-1, and happy with the way the team has battled to win at Boston's game. But there are obvious problems that people are entitled to point out.

The people that are being called out are not the young, new to success guys...it's mainly our leaders like Kovy and Markov who really need to step it up. For us not to realize that without Price and without some good fortune, we could be down 3-1, would be ignorant.

I'm personally very happy with where the team is, as we all should be.....even if we didnt win another game this year. But what I also realize is that we have a real shot here to run the East, and then, who knows. But our stars and our offense, need to step up tp go even further.

You shouldnt be so surprised to come on the board and see people worried about us being 0 -for- 18 on the PP, and relying on the 4th line and Price to win the games..

There is a difference between hamrlik needs to be sharper on his outlet passes and Komisarek looks hurt, he is not being as physical or

the habs need to get some traffic in front of the net

and

I'm getting pretty sick and tired of watching this crap

this is pitiful

It looks like Julien is getting the better of Carbo. Why doesn't that surprise me...he is the better coach

God Brisebois is useless....COMPLETELY useless

That is whining. And there was a lot of it last night

All of this in a 0-0 game with the Habs leading the series 2-1.

Wow a trade on Koivu has no message in the last two pages that medical miracles

works again for him. Please merge on a Brisebois thread. Focus on the good news.

If needed he would play the last two games against the Bruins.

He will be ready for round 2. He will be VERY useful againt the Rags or Philly.

These two teams are in for dog fights, we have seen in the Boston serie that a player

like Koivu that works better in the traffic is needed. I have said he was not needed against the Bruins,

the results 3-1 and 4-1 tonight may make this true but he would be very valuable in heavy traffic situation.

The determination off ice is as tough as on ice, the guy faced adversity before we will need him.

LOL. Yes it is funny how the evolution of a thread often goes. I think it stemmed from who would be out when Koivu came back, and Breezer's name got mentioned.

I made my point, that I think Breezy is a liability, yes. Then I re-butted to people that didnt share my opinion. That's how message boards work. It's called discussion. I think "over and over........" is a bit much considering its just an ongoing discussion.

What is your point, by the way? Or did you just post to stir up sh*t?

My point I will explain is that Rebuttle and Whine are two different things. You whine about the same thing over and over and call it discussion. You dealt with what he will do in the future vs. what he is actually doing now. This post is part of the discussion as "that is how message boards work" - your words not mine.

By the way, I in no way disagree with you. In fact I made a WHINE thread at the start of the season about Mr. Brisbois and questioned Mr. Gainey's sanity. Some agreed, some thought I was insane. :wacko: So you may think I am criticizing you when in reality I agree with you; however you made your point but fail to see his positives. When Montreal's scorers don't show up, he gets the winning goal.

Maybe Carbo knows a little more about hockey then us on the boards.....

Edited by InsaneHABSfan

There is a difference between hamrlik needs to be sharper on his outlet passes and Komisarek looks hurt, he is not being as physical or

the habs need to get some traffic in front of the net

and

I'm getting pretty sick and tired of watching this crap

this is pitiful

It looks like Julien is getting the better of Carbo. Why doesn't that surprise me...he is the better coach

God Brisebois is useless....COMPLETELY useless

That is whining. And there was a lot of it last night

All of this in a 0-0 game with the Habs leading the series 2-1.

I completely agree that the whining while we are up in this series is crazy. I just dont think that my comments on Patrice are whining. Just an observation, and one that is shared by others alike (and has been for years).

I am very happy with our team, and would go so far as to say I love where we are right now.....except that we'll probably keep playing Breezer now. I can only hope he comes back down to earth sooner than later, so he'll be out.

BTW Wamsley, and no offence intended, but whining about other people's whining on a message board that you voluntarily log on to and where others log on to express there views......is still whining. I agree with your views on some of the whining, but I dont feel the need to make a post intended to call those people out. Just read it and move on.

My point I will explain is that Rebuttle and Whine are two different things. You whine about the same thing over and over and call it discussion. You dealt with what he will do in the future vs. what he is actually doing now. This post is part of the discussion as "that is how message boards work" - your words not mine.

By the way, I in no way disagree with you. In fact I made a WHINE thread at the start of the season about Mr. Brisbois and questioned Mr. Gainey's sanity. Some agreed, some thought I was insane. :wacko: So you may think I am criticizing you when in reality I agree with you; however you made your point but fail to see his positives. When Montreal's scorers don't show up, he gets the winning goal.

Maybe Carbo knows a little more about hockey then us on the boards.....

Yes, he does and I give him all the credit in the world right now (Carbo). Also it is hard to argue with Brisebois point production thus far. I just feel like we can win without him, and have a better chance of making crucial mistakes with him in.....whether thats now or later.

For the record, I have considered that Gainey and Carbo know way more than us.....but they have been wrong before. I hope they are very right with breezer, and then I will shut up about it. I am probably as tired of typing his name as you are of hearing it....so I'll end it here. ^_^

I completely agree that the whining while we are up in this series is crazy. I just dont think that my comments on Patrice are whining. Just an observation, and one that is shared by others alike (and has been for years).

I am very happy with our team, and would go so far as to say I love where we are right now.....except that we'll probably keep playing Breezer now. I can only hope he comes back down to earth sooner than later, so he'll be out.

BTW Wamsley, and no offence intended, but whining about other people's whining on a message board that you voluntarily log on to and where others log on to express there views......is still whining. I agree with your views on some of the whining, but I dont feel the need to make a post intended to call those people out. Just read it and move on.

If calling Brisebois utterly useless only to watch him score the game winner is not whining then I really don't know what is.

I am not a fan of Breezy, but the guy got a shot on goal on a PP, something that Streit and Markov have continually failed to do in 4 games.

Brisebois has hardly been the worst defenceman or forward in this series. If we are going to go back and highlight every giveaway then

we should afford him the same treatment on the other end and show all the strong outlet passes, the calm decisions with the puck and the

game winning goal he scored. So if you and your self proclaimed greater knowledge than all the sportswriters want to call him out and call him useless,

then maybe you should call out Streit and how useless he has been, or call Higgins useless, or call Latendresse and AK46 useless.

But you are whining about his play based on your hatred from previous performances, not based on his work in this series alone. I don't see any

diatribes about Kovalev and how terrible he has played, nor Pleks. What I see on this board is a free pass handed to Plekanec in which the

harshest critcism he has received was from himself. When Pleks played a good shift everybody tossed his salad and said YAY, way to go Pleks.

Why is it that a 4th to 6th d-man is brutal, should be off the ice and not playing yet has more points than every player on the top 2 lines except Kovalev?

Why is it that a 4th to 6th d-man who needs to be removed is second on the team in +/- in these playoffs?

This team is up 3-1 in a series in which the PP (Streit, Kovalev, Plekanec, Markov and Kostitsyn) has been abysmal, the top 2 lines invisible and the top

D pairing playing below their regular season performance and you feel the need to call out Brisebois????

Of course, that makes all the sense in the world, their is no agenda there. Just a non biased fan giving his two cents about the problems of the team

and how if their 4th defenseman was no longer playing that the first two lines and the PP would play better and Gorges would no longer cough up the puck

and Streit would no longer panic when rushed. Replace him with Ryder and all the problems are solved, the same Ryder who has scored 0 goals/points in the playoffs,

and scored 2 goals in his final 18 games.

So consider this a post with me whining about your whining about Brisebois. So yes, I am a whiner and proud of it.

But you are whining about his play based on your hatred from previous performances, not based on his work in this series alone.

:clap::clap:

Wamsley is right, you're bitching about Brisebois because you obviously have a hate for him since his last years in Montreal. Get over it, he's been solid so far in the playoffs.

Edited by Habsfan