The Kostitsyns

pei#1habsfan

I would like to see guy change up the lines a little. They should try the Kostitsyn brothers on the same line with Plekanec or Higgins. The top line just isn't doing the job so try shaking things up for game 6 and if we lost then I am sure Koivu will play game 7 and you can put the line back to normal. kov , akos ,plec // saku, higs, skos.

There is no reason to dress Ryder, Guy is not playing him in situations where he can score and Ryder is a 1 trick pony if you play Ryder, guy you have to give him ice time on the power play. If not I would rather them dress someone that can stick up for the smaller habs.

Now is the not the time to dress a guy who hasn't played since March.

A shakeup in lines is tough because Kovalev really had some nice chemistry with Kostitsyn and Plekanec throughout the regular season...but you gotta do something when neither of the offensive lines is scoring much...Who knows, maybe Saku could be ready for game 6?

ANdrei Kostitsyn has been disappointing in this series. if he could wake up, i'm sure that the Kovy-Plex-A. Kost. line would produce more. At least Kovalev is trying to do his job, and Plex played a good game yesterday. Now all we need is for Big Tlts to wake up!

A-Kos isnt shooting the puck enough. Seems like he's trying to find Kovy too much.

Putting the Kos Bros together will force A-Kos to shoot more. Put a grinder with Plex & Kovy, but one smart enough to follow them. I wouldnt mind seeing Chipchura on the wing.

A-Kos isnt shooting the puck enough. Seems like he's trying to find Kovy too much.

Putting the Kos Bros together will force A-Kos to shoot more. Put a grinder with Plex & Kovy, but one smart enough to follow them. I wouldnt mind seeing Chipchura on the wing.

Chips not only hasn't played with the big club for the latter half of the season, he finished the AHL season out with an injury. I'd imagine he is somewhat rusty right now and wasn't making the big roster when in game-shape - don't think I want him on the first line.

This can be the downside of playing younger players with their mentors. Andrei is going to try and find Kovy as much as possible and not steal the spotlight from him. Similar situation in Colorado with Stastny and Foppa. So I agree with KoZed that splitting them up and even playing them together might be a good thing.

Chips not only hasn't played with the big club for the latter half of the season, he finished the AHL season out with an injury. I'd imagine he is somewhat rusty right now and wasn't making the big roster when in game-shape - don't think I want him on the first line.

Not necessarily on the 1st line. More like on Laps' line. Lats moves up with Plex & Kovy. But I agree with you, he's probably not in playoffs shape at all.

I really only see D'Agostini who could fit in.

Is it too late to sign Pacioretty? :P

Not necessarily on the 1st line. More like on Laps' line. Lats moves up with Plex & Kovy. But I agree with you, he's probably not in playoffs shape at all.

I really only see D'Agostini who could fit in.

Is it too late to sign Pacioretty? :P

Says he wants to sign with the Leafs.

*runs away*

*runs away*

:lol:

What - did you get tired of penning long diatribes about a team that missed the playoffs? Now you're resorting to hit and run comments about... a team that didn't make the playoffs?

What - did you get tired of penning long diatribes about a team that missed the playoffs? Now you're resorting to hit and run comments about... a team that didn't make the playoffs?

Yea. That's basically it. The Habs will be burned by PIRATE JACQUES!!!!!!

:unsure:

Edited by Captain_Stealth

*runs away*

Why do you keep running away like a little "plekanec"

I don't think it's important to bust up the 1st line like many are suggesting. Little changes throughout the game would be fine. Put Koivu on the top powerplay once and unite the TlTs on the second unit with Pleks. I don't think anyone is playing crappy, the B' trap is stifling us and Carbo and the gang need to bust out of it. They're trying and will prevail.

Who thought it was going to be easy? ^_^:blink:

Why do you keep running away like a little "plekanec"

I don't think it's important to bust up the 1st line like many are suggesting. Little changes throughout the game would be fine. Put Koivu on the top powerplay once and unite the TlTs on the second unit with Pleks. I don't think anyone is playing crappy, the B' trap is stifling us and Carbo and the gang need to bust out of it. They're trying and will prevail.

Who thought it was going to be easy? ^_^:blink:

I took this post a little too far.

Sorry guys. ;)

Edited by Captain_Stealth

I will ban you for another one of these.

:angry:

THANKS JMMR :clap:

I too have had it with your anti-habs, running away posts. Annoying as hell.

I will ban you for another one of these.

:angry:

I was joking man. I know I've taken the reverse psychology thing really far but it is what it is.

However banning me would be doing me a favour.

THANKS JMMR :clap:

I too have had it with your anti-habs, running away posts. Annoying as hell.

Reverse psychology. Do not doubt it's mystical powers. ;)

Hell, I was doing this stuff to curse Dallas. It worked for us. Hopefully for you too. Yea, I know... quite sad. :B)

Re-edited the previous post JMMR.

Oh well. I have a lame ass excuse to stop posting now.

Good luck in your playoff run guys. Best of luck. :clap:

I would like to see guy change up the lines a little. They should try the Kostitsyn brothers on the same line with Plekanec or Higgins. The top line just isn't doing the job so try shaking things up for game 6 and if we lost then I am sure Koivu will play game 7 and you can put the line back to normal. kov , akos ,plec // saku, higs, skos.

There is no reason to dress Ryder, Guy is not playing him in situations where he can score and Ryder is a 1 trick pony if you play Ryder, guy you have to give him ice time on the power play. If not I would rather them dress someone that can stick up for the smaller habs.

Good call dude. Putting the bros together gave them some spark. Also, moving Kovy on a line with Koivu allowed Pleks and the bros to face less Chara and the B's other more shutdown guys.

Well before game 7 I said A Kosty had to bring his game up a notch and he and Sergei did it last night.

Hope they will have learned something from this series and will continue to play like they did last night!