Is it worth giving PRICE a rest, and bring HALAK in?

HabsWEST

Well you would have replaced Roy with Racicot in 1993 with that type of attitude, that would have been quite the brilliant move.

Please don't mention Patrick Roy in the same thread as Carey Price again anytime soon. Price isn't worthy.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you would have replaced Roy with Racicot in 1993 with that type of attitude, that would have been quite the brilliant move.

You know there's no point discussing if you're gonna be disingenuous. Roy played great in '93. Racicot was a terrible goalie. Why would I replace him? Halak on the other hand, was the AHL's best goalie 2 years in a row, and Price is not playing anywhere near the way Roy played the last few games.

Price just gave up another bad goal. Still want to stick with him? 2 goals on 3 shots?

Look, I like the kid, but it should be obvious to all, that he's overwhelmed right now. I've never been a goalie but even I can see his problems. (Too deep in the net - no angle coverage - loss of confidence handling the puck). It goes on and on.

Carbo has to make a gutsy decision now for game 4 or this series is completely lost.

- Jack

As some have suggested, price looks tired, physically and mentally.

Does another 4 plus goal loss and 2 to 1 down heading to game 4 warrant HALAK start in GAME 4 in philadellphia, worthy of consideration..

Start PRICE game 3 no doubt, but if a 4 plus goal against loss would seriously warrant a rest for PRICE...

any thaughts?? and no this isnt bashing CAREY , or anything like that, but throwing it out there for discussion..

Here is to PRICE rebound for game 3!!! and a HABS win to regain home ICE

CHEERS!!

HMM, is now time to make the move, if anything, : 3 goals on 12 shots, comments on shaky warm up??? and Melanson comments???

--- WAKE up call for team,

--- Another part of Price development, and watch game, take a step back, to take 2 steps forward

--- Comments by Melanson as quoted on CBC during game, question of PRICE being mentally tired???

--- HALAK, to prove Gainey that trading HUET was right decision, Halak opportunity for him to prove himself, he is competitor..

Carbonneau, will he have the guts????

Maybe the BEST for PRICE is to bring HALAK in tonight in third

Edited by HabsWEST

Please don't mention Patrick Roy in the same thread as Carey Price again anytime soon. Price isn't worthy.

Blah Blah Blah.

Roy was brutal in Game 1 and 2. The media called for him to be yanked, the Fans wanted him traded

in a poll done during the season and Demers stood by him. What would have happened if Demers

did what the fans and media wanted him to do.

It would be 16 for 24, not 25.

Goalies play poorly and goalies rebound.

Blah Blah Blah.

Roy was brutal in Game 1 and 2. The media called for him to be yanked, the Fans wanted him traded

in a poll done during the season and Demers stood by him. What would have happened if Demers

did what the fans and media wanted him to do.

It would be 16 for 24, not 25.

Goalies play poorly and goalies rebound.

Price has been shite in four games now, not two. Great goalies rebound quickly and then don't regress back to being shite. Price regressed...two games in this series now.

Price has been shite in four games now, not two. Great goalies rebound quickly and then don't regress back to being shite. Price regressed...two games in this series now.

Price was also fantastic in Game 7 and was not the reason they were down in Game 1.

So that is an exagerration. He has been bad in the last 2 games.

And I do not think he was bad in Game 6.

I was unhappy with his effort in Game 5, 2 and 3.

Ya, Price hasn't been in nearly enough legal trouble for that comparison yet :rolleyes: Go ahead and compare anyone to anyone you want, it's just an opinion, not blasphemy.

Ya, Price hasn't been in nearly enough legal trouble for that comparison yet :rolleyes: Go ahead and compare anyone to anyone you want, it's just an opinion, not blasphemy.

Price should be in some legal trouble: he's murdered his team's chance to win in two out of three games against the Flyers so far. :puke:

Price should be in some legal trouble: he's murdered his team's chance to win in two out of three games against the Flyers so far. :puke:

Price won't let in a goal Wednesday ( and no not because he is going to be on the bench)

Price won't let in a goal Wednesday ( and no not because he is going to be on the bench)

Hope your right.

BTW, what the hell is up with his glove hand, he can't catch any more?

Hope your right.

BTW, what the hell is up with his glove hand, he can't catch any more?

For me Wednesday is a critical moment in the series. Obviously for the fact that we could be down 3-1 but also for how the rookie goaltender handles the pressure. For sure he is in a big slump but this is the time when he has to find himself. He usually steps out of a bad game with a good performance but I think he has reached the point where he is unsure if he can and that`s where he needs to step back and seek guidance.

Maybe from the veterans on his team?

LOL, do you ever get bored being so predictable :lol:

I predicted you'd be among those who'd continue to hug Price's nuts no matter how badly he played, so you're no better. :P

Ridiculous that Fat Tony would defend a 20 year old kid who has had one of the greatest NHL season for a 20 year old ever on record.

LOL, and predict-a-billy (sbhatt) thinks he is clever with his grade school/homophobic comment :rolleyes: Unlike some of the doom and gloomers here, I'll judge this series when it's over. This whole blame the goalie for every loss has gotten so boring the last few decades...I guess it's an easy out for casual "fans" who don't understand game :rolleyes:

LOL, and predict-a-billy (sbhatt) thinks he is clever with his grade school/homophobic comment :rolleyes: Unlike some of the doom and gloomers here, I'll judge this series when it's over. This whole blame the goalie for every loss has gotten so boring the last few decades...I guess it's an easy out for casual "fans" who don't understand game :rolleyes:

I expect the goalie to stop everything he can see. I expect the goalie to be properly positioned. I HOPE he makes some saves he is not supposed to.

This city is so spoiled with Dryden, Roy, Theodore and even Penney over the last 40 years that I am amazed that the goalies get any blame.

But I guess the expectation is that goalies that do not stand on their heads are substandard in Montreal, when the truth is they are exceptional.

Replace Roy with Moog, Theodore with Hackett and the Habs would be coming up on 30 years without a Cup and probably 10 years without winning a playoff round.

Replace Roy with Moog, Theodore with Hackett and the Habs would be coming up on 30 years without a Cup and probably 10 years without winning a playoff round.

Um, in terms of Cups, what would switching Theo and Hackett have to do with anything? Last time I checked, neither contributed a banner to the rafters.

Um, in terms of Cups, what would switching Theo and Hackett have to do with anything? Last time I checked, neither contributed a banner to the rafters.

Do you just read posts looking for small things to pick apart?

Replace Roy with Moog - 30 years without a Cup

Theodore with Hackett - 10 years without winning a playoff round.

I didn't realize I needed to dumb it down for you.

Do you just read posts looking for small things to pick apart?

Replace Roy with Moog - 30 years without a Cup

Theodore with Hackett - 10 years without winning a playoff round.

I wasn't aware that winning first round series meant anything to Habs fans. Who cares if Theo won a round or two? He didn't put a banner in the rafters. As a Jackets fan, sure winning a playoff round would thrill me. But as a Habs fan, nothing short of the Cup is worth being happy about.

I wasn't aware that winning first round series meant anything to Habs fans. Who cares if Theo won a round or two? He didn't put a banner in the rafters. As a Jackets fan, sure winning a playoff round would thrill me. But as a Habs fan, nothing short of the Cup is worth being happy about.

I am establishing that without All-Star calibre play this team would have won 1 playoff round since 1993 and if Moog was in net instead or Roy would they have had

any Cup success from 86-95?

So the city is going nuts right now for a 1st round win, what would it be like if they only won 1 round in 15 years?

What would it be like if they were only 12 years seperating the joke of the Maple Leafs and the mighty Canadiens?

The city of Montreal is spoiled and the goalies should be the last ones taking the heat in that city.

Edited by Wamsley01

I am establishing that without All-Star calibre play this team would have won 1 playoff round since 1993 and if Moog was in net instead or Roy would they have had any Cup success from 86-95?

So the city is going nuts right now for a 1st round win, what would it be like if they only won 1 round in 15 years?

What would it be like if they were only 12 years seperating the joke of the Maple Leafs and the mighty Canadiens?

The city of Montreal is spoiled and the goalies should be the last ones taking the heat in that city.

Ok, I can see your point. The thing is, when a city has had so many great goalies, they come to expect it. When guys don't live up to that history, fans get restless. We are the Yankees of hockey - when the guys don't live up to the history, they hear about it, whether they deserve it or not. As for Price, I think the criticism is fair. Losing when playing well is one thing, but losing when he doesn't seem to have his head in the game, that's something fans should be angry about. I don't care how old he is. He's been through junior playoffs, the WJC, the AHL playoffs, an NHL playoff drive, and an NHL playoff round. He's grown up by now. He rebounded wonderfully in game 7 against Boston, I can only hope he does so for game 4 of this series. Teams need to be confident in their goalie, and right now I don't think even Price is confident in himself. He certainly doesn't deserve all the blame, but that is the life of a goalie - everything is magnified.

P.S. Moog didn't join the Habs till the late 90s, "Red Light" Racicot was our backup in '93.

I expect Carbo will go with Price again. I would go with Halak. To me, game 3 should have been Price's 'bounce-back' game after being somewhat weak in game 2, and he didn't get it done. This isn't the regular season where you can give all kinds of opportunities to get it together - we could be golfing by the time he does. A bit of a breather from the pressure-cooker might help Price out a lot, and I'm sure he would be back, refreshed, at some point if the Habs progress in the playoffs.

Also, part of the justification for dealing Huet at the deadline was that we had a great goalie in the AHL that could backup Price. If the trade hadn't happened and Huet had lost the #1 job to Price, would Huet be getting the call now? Without question - and he possibly would have seen work in the Boston series too. Halak has been solid in limited action, and has been a loyal soldier - he deserves a shot. Giving Halak a start might also serve to spark the team, as Koivu indicated.

P.S. Moog didn't join the Habs till the late 90s, "Red Light" Racicot was our backup in '93.

I was taking solid but unspectacular goaltenders from the time frame to make my comparison.

Hackett just happened to play with Theo. I could have said Ron Tugnutt instead.

I was not insinuating that Moog was with the Habs from 86-95.

Other than Price this season Moog is the only goalie outside of Roy or Theo to win a playoff series for the Habs

since 1985.

I expect Carbo will go with Price again. I would go with Halak. To me, game 3 should have been Price's 'bounce-back' game after being somewhat weak in game 2, and he didn't get it done. This isn't the regular season where you can give all kinds of opportunities to get it together - we could be golfing by the time he does. A bit of a breather from the pressure-cooker might help Price out a lot, and I'm sure he would be back, refreshed, at some point if the Habs progress in the playoffs.

Also, part of the justification for dealing Huet at the deadline was that we had a great goalie in the AHL that could backup Price. If the trade hadn't happened and Huet had lost the #1 job to Price, would Huet be getting the call now? Without question - and he possibly would have seen work in the Boston series too. Halak has been solid in limited action, and has been a loyal soldier - he deserves a shot. Giving Halak a start might also serve to spark the team, as Koivu indicated.

If Huet was with the team the decision to annoint Price the starter would not have been made and they would still be 1 and 1A.

So the criteria and decision making would be totally different.

The Habs made the decision to annoint Price the starter, they essentially put all their eggs in his basket. And Halak seems to be an

"In case of Emergency" break glass option. They showed that down the stretch giving Price all the must wins and lobbing the gimmes

at Halak. They stuck by him in the Boston series and they will do so again tonight.

If he shits the bed again tonight you will see Halak in Game 5.