According to TSN report, KOVALEV told by Russian team , too slow to join?

HabsWEST

I'm glad Kovalev won't be playing in the World Championships....it would put additional mileage on him that I'd rather see saved for games played for the Habs.

Here here! :clap:

I want kovy to go back to Russia. I want him to have fun with his family, relax and come back in top shape!

I want kovy to go back to Russia. I want him to have fun with his family, relax and come back in top shape!

I am sure he will, along with everybody else.

Franzen, Ruutu, Kasparitis, the Yzerman idea...Johnny, the hole you are digging is already so deep, I suggest you begin climbing out now, you should be back up to the surface just in time for our season opener.

And somehow the Russinas say they are going with a youth movement, and invite the sprightly Fedorov over Kovalev. Better for us - you have to wonder what Tretiak thinks of this.

Though North American captains have had much more success in the playoffs (100% of the success to be exact) than Euros, all this talk is borderline racist.

this is the only sentence of BTH's that i disagree with.

this talk isn't borderline racist - it's 100% prejudice*.

*prej'u-dice, n.

1. a judgment or opinion formed before the facts are known; preconceived idea, favorable or, more usually, unfavorable.

2. a judgment or opinion held in disregard of facts that contracdict it; unreasonable bias; as, a prejudice against Northerners.

3. the holding of such jugments or opinions.

4. suspicion, intolerance, or hatred of other races, creeds, regions, occupations, etc.

(copied from Websters New Twentieth Century Dictionary, unabridged, 2nd edition)

I'm pulling for the Red Wings, just to put an end once and for all to this limping dog of an argument about Europeans being poison when it comes to the Cup. If they beat the Stars and archetypical North American power forward Morrow, the statement ought to be be taken as fully made.

Kovalev should have easily made it. Any NHL team would want him.

They have decided last year not to have him in the national team.

The same decision was made by the same people.

The same people that keep Emelin away from North America. Lock him tight there and

lose chances to win.

There are some personal issues there, no hockey skills should not be mentionned, it

just show how, cheapshot, behind the back, clueless are the people who lead this team.

Tretiak was a great goalie but he is now a russia mafia puppet and i wish their team to lose

against our pair of T*ts this afternoon, i'll be there 1'o clock at the Colisée.

Go Belarus Go.

Been there ( Russia vs Belarus).3-3 Russia wins in shootout .

Andrei Markov played. Very poorly to say. I had hope he was injured

that would have been a very good reason why he choked big time in the

playoffs.

Russia won and overshot Belarus but the Belarus goalie(Koval) stood on his head and

Salei had a very good game.

Sergei was very good, fast creative, checking hard, good game.

Grabovski did have a lot of ice time but he was blazing fast on the third period

and made a beauty pass for the third goal.

Andrei was invisible. The coach did not even use him for the shootout he used Sergei first

who missed, Meleshko (a good player) scored and Ugarov missed.

Anyway all the selection for the shootout was deceiving for the fans.

Russia went with Mozyakin :wacko: Scored, Morozov wacko again scored !!

No Ovechkin, no Kovalchuk, no Semin. Thank you for the show coach.

Been there ( Russia vs Belarus).3-3 Russia wins in shootout .

Andrei Markov played. Very poorly to say. I had hope he was injured

that would have been a very good reason why he choked big time in the

playoffs.

Russia won and overshot Belarus but the Belarus goalie(Koval) stood on his head and

Salei had a very good game.

Sergei was very good, fast creative, checking hard, good game.

Grabovski did have a lot of ice time but he was blazing fast on the third period

and made a beauty pass for the third goal.

Andrei was invisible. The coach did not even use him for the shootout he used Sergei first

who missed, Meleshko (a good player) scored and Ugarov missed.

Anyway all the selection for the shootout was deceiving for the fans.

Russia went with Mozyakin :wacko: Scored, Morozov wacko again scored !!

No Ovechkin, no Kovalchuk, no Semin. Thank you for the show coach.

I guess I'm nuts, but I like this Grabovski kid. (I liked Ribeiro too, another shifty petite player that many people thought would never amount to squat...not that I'm comparing the two). I get the feeling that he'll find a nice little niche sooner or later - probably with some non-playoff NHL team as a 2nd-line C.