NHL UFA/Trades thread - July 1st

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt it's about money. It's about winning. If he wants to finish his career on a high note with a shot at the cup, he'll sign with Montreal. If he's a sadist, he'll sign with Toronto.

That sux0rs if thats true. Sundin has been a Laff for 13 years so he must be a sadist.

Did the Cannes change their slogan to "we'll take your whiny, lazy, and useless" and then actually make them fit. First Samsonov, and now Cole for Pitkinen? :?- Whats next? sign Burtuzi? :P

With so many players coming and going, it's hard to say if the Rangers will be better or worse than last season.

Out:

Jagr

Shannahan

Straka

Avery

Toots

Malik

Mara

Backman

In:

Zherdev

Naslund

Fritsche

Voros

Rissmiller

Jamtin

Redden

Kalinin

I expect major chemistry problems for them in the beggining of the season.

Upgrade/Downgrade

DOWNGRADE

I'd say a big upgrade. Straka was dependent on Jagr, they won't miss either. Zherdev should fill in nicely for Jagr. Naslund is a downgrade over Shanahan for now but the Rangers play a much different style and Nazzy won't be held back anymore playing with Gomez or Drury. Signing Aaron Voros was probably one of the most overlooked signings on July 1st and he should be a big upgrade over the headcase Avery. Wade Redden really only had one bad season and should be a massive upgrade over Fedor Tyutin. Danny Fristche's two way game was coming along nicely in Columbus and should provide some good depth.

Only change I don't like is Kalinin over Mara, Kalinin was loathed in Buffalo and basically run out of town. I don't think he'll find his game but overall I like the moves the Rangers have made. Yeah they've signed big names like always but instead of adding a big name for the sake of it, they appear to be very calculated moves and filling needs. The Rangers are going to be a good team next season.

Oh come on Nazzy has literally

Anothesatisfiedcustomer.jpg

The past few years.

And his offensive support has dwindled and has started playing in an increasingly defensive system which he's not suited for at all. It's the same Demitra in Minnesota, he could've torn things up with Gaborik but couldn't because of the system.

Gomez and Zherdev>whatever assmonkeys they stick him with in Vancouver. Stealth was saying the same thing, he'll return to form if he went into an offensive system. Thats exactly what they've got in New York.

Besides, I said it was a downgrade for now anyway. He's probably the most likely player that was signed to turn things around though.

Thier list is way out of date.... they leave off Korpikoski, Sanguinetti, Voros...etc

look here... it is updated by the minute.

http://www.nhlscap.com/

click on team numbers ;)

cool thanks for the link

looks like boyle has waived his no trade clause and is going to be traded to San Jose. No word yet on what the compensation is going to be.

looks like boyle has waived his no trade clause and is going to be traded to San Jose. No word yet on what the compensation is going to be.

the compensation is said to be Matt Carle, a prospect, a first rounder and a fifth rounder.

Brad Lukowich is said to be going to SJ with Boyle

the compensation is said to be Matt Carle, a prospect, a first rounder and a fifth rounder.

Brad Lukowich is said to be going to SJ with Boyle

Damn, thats really expensive.

I was hoping the Sens were going to get him.

damn no, happy to see him goes to West.

Yeah, everyone is getting better except the Northwest where teams are basically the same or worse. All Edmonton's moves did is get them to catch up to the rest of us.

I've got a feeling we're going to be the Southeast of the West next year, I hope I'm wrong.

Yeah, everyone is getting better except the Northwest where teams are basically the same or worse. All Edmonton's moves did is get them to catch up to the rest of us.

I've got a feeling we're going to be the Southeast of the West next year, I hope I'm wrong.

Detroit won the SC and beat crappy teams all year long, Habs are maye able to do the same...

The Tampa and SJ deal is as follows.

To San Jose

Brad Lukowich

Dan Boyle

To Tampa Bay

Matt Carle

Ty Wishart

SJ's 1st 2009

SJ's 4th 2009

WOW...what a great return on guys with huge salaries.

Edited by Habitforming

The Tampa and SJ deal is as follows.

To San Jose

Brad Lukowich

Dan Boyle

To Tampa Bay

Matt Carle

Ty Wishart

SJ's 1st 2009

SJ's 4th 2009

WOW...what a great return on guys with huge salaries.

Wasn't Wishart a 1st round pick as well? So basically Carle, a 4th and two 1sts for two overpaid players. Granted Boyle is a great defenceman but his contract is very large and that's a hell of a return.

Wasn't Wishart a 1st round pick as well? So basically Carle, a 4th and two 1sts for two overpaid players. Granted Boyle is a great defenceman but his contract is very large and that's a hell of a return.

After firing a winning coach (regular season) the Sharks have to keep near the top of the WEST if they dont the GM will lose his job next.

Yup... Wishart was a first round pick.

He's from my home town :D

Guys wake up ! Jagr signed a 2 years 35M$ contract !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe you mean a 2-year, 10M$ contract?

Local and international media were reporting that Jagr will be paid $35 million for two years. However, in an interview with TSN Jagr, himself, says the deal would pay him $5 million annually.

Rivet is now with the Buffalo Sabres.

Sabres acquire Rivet from Sharks - NHL.COM

The Sharks sent the 33-year-old veteran and a seventh-round selection in the 2010 Entry Draft to the Sabres in exchange for second-round selections in the 2009 and 2010 Drafts.

Rivet will help the Sabres replace Dmitri Kalinin, who signed with the New York Rangers on Thursday.