FIA DROPS CANADIAN GP FROM 2009 SCHEDULE

rafikz

Interesting Montreal being a major North American city with MLB, no NFL, no NBA and now no F1.

Habs Forever!

It's curious the Montreal GP was dropped it was popular with drivers and fans alike.

3rd most watched sporting event three years ago, off the calendar today. Was there a larger than average outcry to Mosley's sexual exploits in Canada? Is he punishing us? Did someone call Ecclestone Shorty McDumbass during the staging of last season's race?

Methinks there were some too into the idiot juice recently.

Interesting Montreal being a major North American city with MLB, no NFL, no NBA and now no F1.

Habs Forever!

It's curious the Montreal GP was dropped it was popular with drivers and fans alike.

People in Toronto are very very lucky...

I'm a huge NBA fan, and to a lesser degree, MLB and NFL (they might relocate the Bills there)

Yeah the Leafs suck right now, but T-dotters have all those pro teams, I'm jealous

People in Toronto are very very lucky...

I'm a huge NBA fan, and to a lesser degree, MLB and NFL (they might relocate the Bills there)

Yeah the Leafs suck right now, but T-dotters have all those pro teams, I'm jealous

they basically have relocated the Bills there. 4 home games in TO, right? That's half the damn home schedule!

call me a pessimistic pinko, but isn't it likely that this is just another stunt by the FIA to extract gov't subidies? Maybe they want Montreal to build them a new track, add luxury boxes, or maybe just give them more tax credits?

Maybe Mosley wants the city to finally supply an Arian dominatrix who can wear a jackboot without saying "aboot"?

WTH? I would understand the decision if we had poor attendance and the drivers didnt liked the place, but it's basically the only urban GP besides Monaco and the place is always sold out.

This is bad for Montréal, but even worse for F1 in general.

Comon' guys. Shocking ? No reasons ?

It's been 4-5 years that F1 is talking about scratching Montreal.

The installations are way below average.

The no-cigarets thing.

The POOR quality of the raceway ( i mean the road/asphalte/dunno how to say it)

The money we ( i mean different governments ) invest is like 2 times lower than Spain

etc.

Sports talking, we just can't be against.

But, BUT !!!!, like you all said, City wise, visibility, money, commercial aspects, etc : IT SUCKS !!!!

The BIG BIG losers are the restaurants, stores in Montreal. They usually make 2 months of revenus in 3 days.

Edited by JoeLassister

The BIG BIG losers are the restaurants, stores in Montreal. They usually make 2 months of revenus in 3 days.

biggest losers are Chantelle, myriam, Mercedez, Samantha, Brandy...

Yup... I know a few guys on Crescent who won't be too happy about this...

biggest losers are Chantelle, myriam, Mercedez, Samantha, Brandy...

Not to mention Secretia...

Yup... I know a few guys on Crescent who won't be too happy about this...

Not to mention Secretia...

If you build your whole year on one week end, thats good thinking. IMO I don,t think that a single place will close due to the F1 not coming next year.

Seems like a good opportunity to redesign the track. It's not a very exciting race to watch as there isn't much opportunity to pass, not like Silverstone in England. And I suppose there will have to be the usual sucking up to the F1 honchos.

they basically have relocated the Bills there. 4 home games in TO, right? That's half the damn home schedule!

No kidding.

I wonder what the players think about that..

Georges Gillett said he would probably jump in the save plan if the governments wanted him to do so. Good call.

I'd rather he tried to bring MLB back or perhaps NFL !!!

I'd rather he tried to bring MLB back or perhaps NFL !!!

YARK no MLB. NFL would be awesome, but I doubt we could build a great stadium (Olympic Stadium is just awful).

Talking about economic wise project, FI is the best for Montreal.

Lots of talk that this is just a ploy from Ecclestone. If you watched the race you'll know that there are a fair number of people who feel certain that Montreal will be back after a little more backing from governments/ private sector. Rumours have it that Montreal is only short $10-20M in investment to bring F1 back. Notice that the schedule didn't add another race to replace F1, they merely moved the Turkish GP into Montreal's slot. It should be noted that Ecclestone OWNS the Turkish GP, so he can do whatever he wants with it - including moving it right back.

I belive George Gillett even said he'd be willing to work with people to get the GP back. I have a feeling there's a lot of grandstanding going on.