Chipchura and Pacioretty called up...

Fanpuck33

Tanguay won't be back for a while so we don't have to worry about that right now. For the immediate future I would not change the top three lines in recent weeks, and I would put Kyle Chipchura on the wing with Koivu and Higgins:

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Kovalev

S.Kostsitsyn-Lang-A.Kostsitsyn

Higgins-Koivu-Chipchura

Latendresse-Lapierre-Kostopoulos

Obvisouly Carbonneau will prefer using Begin or D'Agostini on that line as he doesn't seem to like Chipchura, but I would like to see what Chipchura can do with talented players. I remember Chipchura did very well earlier this season when he played with Lang and Sergei. Also this way Carbonneau can't complain about faceoffs as Koivu will be taking them :P

Bob should deal Higgins...I'd rather see Pacioretty and D'Agostini stay in the lineup.

+1. If we can have the guarantee that Komi will sign anyway and a good return on Higgins. Again, the best I can imagine is a package that include O'Byrne and a guy like Chipchura/D'Agostini for a top 2 pairs Dman, even a rental.

Man, it sucks having so much talent...

Yes and No...at the deadline though..

It is going to be MAJOR decision time for bob so i hope he is prepared with the offer sheets...

However, i like the team just the way it is right now..maybe one more puck moving top 4dman (Cough JayBo)

I think Bob should do a majority of his work in the offseason though

Bob should deal Higgins...I'd rather see Pacioretty and D'Agostini stay in the lineup.

+1.

Dago & Pac are doing what Higgins has been told time and time again to do: use their speed in a north-south way and go to the net. There's little Higgins bring that Dago and Pac dont already bring, at least on the ice.

Tanguay won't be back for a while so we don't have to worry about that right now. For the immediate future I would not change the top three lines in recent weeks, and I would put Kyle Chipchura on the wing with Koivu and Higgins:

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Kovalev

S.Kostsitsyn-Lang-A.Kostsitsyn

Higgins-Koivu-Chipchura

Latendresse-Lapierre-Kostopoulos

Obvisouly Carbonneau will prefer using Begin or D'Agostini on that line as he doesn't seem to like Chipchura, but I would like to see what Chipchura can do with talented players. I remember Chipchura did very well earlier this season when he played with Lang and Sergei. Also this way Carbonneau can't complain about faceoffs as Koivu will be taking them :P

I don't think it's a question of Carbo not liking him, but more a question of Chipchura not doing anything to really impress the Habs brass. Let's not forget that the way Lapierre has been playing this year, you don't need two players who are approximately the same and play the same style. Chipchura lost his chance...he'll most likely be traded at some point in the near future!

I don't think it's a question of Carbo not liking him, but more a question of Chipchura not doing anything to really impress the Habs brass. Let's not forget that the way Lapierre has been playing this year, you don't need two players who are approximately the same and play the same style. Chipchura lost his chance...he'll most likely be traded at some point in the near future!

Chipchura never really got one besides early last season, and he actually was doing well (at least in my opinion). Other than that he's been at most a callup in case of injuries, and heasn't had the chance to play regularly through his ups and downs like any other young player adjusting to the NHL. Lapierre and Latendresse are playing very well right now, but at times they were as bad, if not worse, than Chipchura right now, but they stayed with the team, and were allowed to learn through their mistakes (sometimes being benched when Carbonneau wasn't satisfied with their effort).

It seems to me that Carbonneau just doesn't believe in Chipchura - like he didn't believe in Perezhogin 2 years ago - and as I said before it's perfectly ok. He's the coach, and he's accountable for his decisions (some are good, others not so good). I just hope that if this is the case, we'll trade Chipchura to another team, and not let him rot in the minors (or as a healthy scratch) until he becomes a marginal player and career AHLer.

Also I don't think Lapierre and Chipchura are at all the same type of players. Lapierre's niche is a strong forechecking game using his great blend of size and skating abilities while Chipchura's is based on strong positioning, hockey smarts, and above-average playmaking abilities. Also if Chipchura's foot speed and faceoff abilities are hindering his chances as a centre, it might be time to convert him into a winger where he'll be able to concentrate on being strong along the boards and around the net. Gainey could probably give him a few pointers.

Chipchura never really got one besides early last season, and he actually was doing well (at least in my opinion). Other than that he's been at most a callup in case of injuries, and heasn't had the chance to play regularly through his ups and downs like any other young player adjusting to the NHL. Lapierre and Latendresse are playing very well right now, but at times they were as bad, if not worse, than Chipchura right now, but they stayed with the team, and were allowed to learn through their mistakes (sometimes being benched when Carbonneau wasn't satisfied with their effort).

It seems to me that Carbonneau just doesn't believe in Chipchura - like he didn't believe in Perezhogin 2 years ago - and as I said before it's perfectly ok. He's the coach, and he's accountable for his decisions (some are good, others not so good). I just hope that if this is the case, we'll trade Chipchura to another team, and not let him rot in the minors (or as a healthy scratch) until he becomes a marginal player and career AHLer.

Also I don't think Lapierre and Chipchura are at all the same type of players. Lapierre's niche is a strong forechecking game using his great blend of size and skating abilities while Chipchura's is based on strong positioning, hockey smarts, and above-average playmaking abilities. Also if Chipchura's foot speed and faceoff abilities are hindering his chances as a centre, it might be time to convert him into a winger where he'll be able to concentrate on being strong along the boards and around the net. Gainey could probably give him a few pointers.

I have no doubt that Chipchura is good enough to play in the NHL. I have looked at him closely in the last few games and he has all the tools to be an effective 3rd or 4th line centre. Whether he will play for the Habs or another team is impossible to say however. So many things can happen: a big trade, injuries, you just never know...

JCPetit

Unless there is a good trade for him, I would not trade Chips. I doubt Carbo has anything against Chips. He just can't use him at Centre because his faceoff is weak. I think he is a great prospect, and he should go back to the AHL and work on his faceoff. He will be on the team next year. I doubt Dandy and Begin will be signed, so he can fill in there. I also think he is better than TK, but TK has the heart of a Lion and rarely misses a game. I could see Chips playing with Laps next year to form a fierce shutdown tandem. Not as good as Jarvis and Gainey, but still very good.