Montreal @ Tampa Bay | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty disappointing powerplay. The play seems to always die when it comes to Kovalev.

Lang was worse.. he had several opportunities for a good cross ice pass but he was fixated on the points... that play always works better the other way with Kovy setting up lang...

Shouldn't the play have been called when Gorges touched it in the crease? Weird play.
Gorges kept the puck moving in play. He actually sort of stick handled it in his legs and he also pushed it but didn't cuff it. Kosto grabbed the puck. Bad.

Oh well, no harm done :)

Gorges kept the puck moving in play. He actually sort of stick handled it in his legs and he also pushed it but didn't cuff it. Kosto grabbed the puck. Bad.

Oh well, no harm done :)

The replay shows no one actually put their glove on the puck and froze it.. but even if they had.. they called hammer for hooking.. so as soon as georges controlled the puck with his legs. the play is dead...

refs can't have it both ways...

I can't believe Lang missed another open net...this has to be the 10th open net he's missed this year!

I'm glad to see our boys leading in the shots department (20 to 7) but with that 5 on 3 for 90 seconds and that 3 on 1 break where Lang shot on Smith...we shold be leading this game 4 to 1.

You know that Tochett will give the Lightning players a whole load of shit in the dressing room, they'll come out alot stronger in the second. I hope our boys won't sit back!

The replay shows no one actually put their glove on the puck and froze it.. but even if they had.. they called hammer for hooking.. so as soon as georges controlled the puck with his legs. the play is dead...

There was such a scram of players it was difficult to gauge. It looked like Kosto was cuffing it but he might have been trying to push it or slide it. That's legal. I didn't actually see him 100% cuff it because the puck was underneath all of the players. I think the ref called it because he lost site of the puck due to all the players. He couldn't see it and decided it was cuffed. It's questionable.

Nice play by Gorges. He played perfect to avoid the penalty shot.

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

There was such a scram of players it was difficult to gauge. It looked like Kosto was cuffing it but he might have been trying to push it or slide it. That's legal. I didn't actually see him 100% cuff it because the puck was underneath all of the players. I think the ref called it because he lost site of the puck due to all the players. He couldn't see it and decided it was cuffed. It's questionable.

Nice play by Gorges. He played perfect to avoid the penalty shot.

If the ref didn't see it, he can't call it.. he shouldn't "assume". i still think the whistle should have blown when gorges was controlling the puck with his leg. I am pretty sure you don't need to touch it with a stick, just control it..

In any case, these refs probably spent the afternoon drinking Mai Tai's in the hotel pool... :)

I think its puck possession though, and you dont have puck possession with your legs. ^_^

Also I dont think you need to cuff the puck in the crease, just touch it and Kosto did touch it. If you grab a loose puck in the crease or knock it away with your hand the result is the same.

It was just a shitty situation. Habs came up big and its still 2-1.

I think its puck possession though, and you dont have puck possession with your legs. ^_^

Also I dont think you need to cuff the puck in the crease, just touch it and Kosto did touch it. If you grab a loose puck in the crease or knock it away with your hand the result is the same.

It was just a shitty situation. Habs came up big and its still 2-1.

Hmm. I remember them blowing the whistle when a defenseman kicks it with is foot or just traps it along the boards.. as long as he had control.. I guess I should look it up... :)

Here is what it says..

When the team to be penalized gains control of the puck, the

Referee will blow his whistle to stop play and impose the penalty on

the offending player or goalkeeper

Gains control.. not put stick on it... :)

Is it just me, or does Lapierre look like he can skate up and down the ice all day? It's unreal the shape that guy is in.

He might be my new favourite habs. I think Carbo and Muller have been talking to him alot.. Judging by the way he's played overall this season..

Is it just me, or does Lapierre look like he can skate up and down the ice all day? It's unreal the shape that guy is in.

He might be my new favourite habs. I think Carbo and Muller have been talking to him alot.. Judging by the way he's played overall this season..

He is a fountain of energy for sure.. always like him too..

Once again, it's the 4th line that is causing problems for the Lightning. Lats, Lapsand Tommy K. are buzzing in teh offensive zone...hopefully this will wake up the other lines!

You could be right. I'm not sure. You can swat the puck away with your arm etc, but I dont think you can touch it with your glove when in the crease.

I'm not sure what you peeps are watching it on but I'm watching Lightning TV atm. I usually see different feeds than RDS so I get to see different angles when weird things happen. I notice that I tend to see things people watching RDS dont see with the angle from where there cameras are positioned.

There was 1 over head type shot and Kosto did put his hand on the puck and shoved it under himself and the ref was right behind him when he did it the the refs arm went up immediately.