Habs @ Oilers | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first goal Komisarek didn't clear out his man and could not control the puck in his skates.

The 2nd goal was deflected two times

The 3rd goal was preceded by a shot that knocked his mask straps and pushed it off his head.

The 4th was a PP gimme.

No goalie would take this team out of this spiral, just like no goalie could in 2007. This is a team breakdown and

singling out goaltending is lazy.

Over and over the team breaks down all over the ice, why is Price expected to make the big save and cover up

team flaws yet when he makes a mistake the defense or forwards are not picking up the forward sliding the puck

into empty nets and hiding his flaws.

Halak made just as many mistakes, but because he was good in the first 30 minutes it affords him a pass for

a brutal second 30 minutes?

Everybody screamed for Halak in Game 4 against Philly, no difference. Halak has given up 22 goals in his last 6 games

so if you want to scream for a solution, you might want to look somewhere else.

Bring in whatever goaltender you like, it does not matter.

This team loses because it is playing terrible. Player 1 through 23.

Keep telling yourself that.. watch the replays.. goals 2 and 3 stunk.. period...

I am not saying the rest of the team is great, but Price is not right at the moment.. remember last year he needed to go down to get his confidence back.. this year I am not sure what they can do but get him a vet to take the pressure off.

I mean seriously. :wacko: Count for the remainder of the game how many times they give it away or fail to protect it and throw it away. Also ask yourself as the game goes on - who has the puck?

Betcha the loss count will be high and you'll most likey say the Oilers for who has the puck.

IT'S F--KIN' EMBARRASSING

first, I can't count that high.. so I am going to limited it to how many times Kovy coughs it up in our zone... there is one... two...

Good job by 27 on the PK

Are you by chance praising Kovy for inspiring the Oilers on how to waste a 5 on 3?

Even though the Oilers didnt have 1 shot on net they almost scored after Kovy failed to make a simple clearing attempt.

I mean seriously. :wacko: Count for the remainder of the game how many times they give it away or fail to protect it and throw it away. Also ask yourself as the game goes on - who has the puck?

Betcha the loss count will be high and you'll most likey say the Oilers for who has the puck.

IT'S F--KIN' EMBARRASSING

When Patrick Roy was abandoned he looked just as bad as Price and Halak have over the last month.

Does anybody here believe that Tim Thomas just got better? A 3.00 GAA to a 2.10 GAA has nothing to

do with Chara and Julien right?

Good teams do not expose their goaltenders like the Canadiens have been doing for a month.

There are problems on this team.

Either you believe there are chemistry issues, or their talent is overrated, but the goaltending is the least of my concerns.

A quote from "Full Metal Jacket" just came to mind as I am thinking about the team. I send this out to all tonight

... the civilian press are about to wet their pants and we've heard even Cronkite's going to say the war is now unwinnable. In other words, it's a huge sh/t sandwich,and we're all gonna have to take a bite.

facepalm.jpg

Geez they'll be out of the playoffs by next week if it keeps up like this. This is a crumbling worse than the Senator's.

When Patrick Roy was abandoned he looked just as bad as Price and Halak have over the last month.

Does anybody here believe that Tim Thomas just got better? A 3.00 GAA to a 2.10 GAA has nothing to

do with Chara and Julien right?

Good teams do not expose their goaltenders like the Canadiens have been doing for a month.

There are problems on this team.

Either you believe there are chemistry issues, or their talent is overrated, but the goaltending is the least of my concerns.

I agree and disagree.. the habs are sucking and that is not helping, but I am not cutting the goalies any slack. Price has been bad, it is not just the team defense. At the same time, he is not the only reason they are in a slump by any means..

The oilers have made many bad plays tonight too, but Rolie is bailing them out..

Price is not ready yet to be a number one goalie, imo. He could be if he had a real vet as a backup, imo. He needs a calming influence and the ability to take a few more nights off.

Keep telling yourself that.. watch the replays.. goals 2 and 3 stunk.. period...

I am not saying the rest of the team is great, but Price is not right at the moment.. remember last year he needed to go down to get his confidence back.. this year I am not sure what they can do but get him a vet to take the pressure off.

first, I can't count that high.. so I am going to limited it to how many times Kovy coughs it up in our zone... there is one... two...

Coming from the guy who gave Halak a pass after giving up 6 goals.

If you want to tear down Price for his technical flaws, do not call for Halak or defend his half performance on Monday.

His technical game is worse than Price's. He overpursues just as much, does not stay square and fails to keep a straight

back in his butterfly which causes him to lunge forward.

Both goalies are young, and both are getting ZERO support and both are suffering confidence issues.

To complain and blame Price every game is lazy and unimaginative. Halak has been brutal, so if you want to

remain unbiased, call out both.

I said the WHOLE team is to blame. Players 1 through 23, no scapegoats.

I agree and disagree.. the habs are sucking and that is not helping, but I am not cutting the goalies any slack. Price has been bad, it is not just the team defense. At the same time, he is not the only reason they are in a slump by any means..

The oilers have made many bad plays tonight too, but Rolie is bailing them out..

Price is not ready yet to be a number one goalie, imo. He could be if he had a real vet as a backup, imo. He needs a calming influence and the ability to take a few more nights off.

He doesn't need a veteran backup. Does Steve Mason?

Funny how Dan LaCosta steps in to the lineup in Columbus and posts a shutout.

I don't care how Price is playing, he was fantastic from February to late December and his struggles have

coincided with the Canadiens playing terrible.

Blame him all you want, it's not on him