Habs @ Senators | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

We need to stop anointing Price as the future of the franchise. Just because we drafted him 5th overall and Halak in the 9th round doesn't mean Price is going to be the better goalie.

:clap: I said this over and over and over LAST SEASON: Price hasn't proved ANYTHING yet at the NHL level....and why some people on this sight feel it's his God-given right to be the starting goaltender no matter how badly he plays is beyond me.

Edited by sbhatt

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We need to stop anointing Price as the future of the franchise. Just because we drafted him 5th overall and Halak in the 9th round doesn't mean Price is going to be the better goalie.

He needs to earn it. It is up to him, you don't abandon him, but you don't start him unless he earns it.

:clap:

Being a professional means leaving your personal shit at home and performing well in games. If you can't do that, you shouldn't be playing.

Ever heard the story of Brodeur's ugly divorce? Won the Cup that year...

:clap: I said this over and over and over LAST SEASON: Price hasn't proved SHIT yet....and why some people on this sight feel it's his God-given right to be the starting goaltender no matter how badly he plays is beyond me.

Ridiculous. He won a Calder Cup as a 19 year old, he posted dominant numbers in his rookie season

and was dominant for the first 3 months of the season.

He proved he has the potential to be a perennial All-Star, but he has also proven to be 21.

Bob could dump most of the D, they don't look up to it. Though why Komi doesn't play with Markov is beyond me.

Am I the only one wondering why's that and never came close to an explanation? Carbo broke up the pair and Gainey kept it that way, even if it shows Komo isnt the same he was when with Marky?

What's up with that? What the Hell happened?

Ridiculous. He won a Calder Cup as a 19 year old, he posted dominant numbers in his rookie season

He proved he has the potential to be a perennial All-Star, but he has also proven to be 21.

And who is to say Halak wouldn't have won the Calder Cup if Price hadn't been handed the job because he was the "future of the franchise?"

GAiney has shown plenty of loyalty to Price, he has given him every opportunity to regain his form.

He is not right. He guessed three times in the shootout, Spezza's first goal should never have gone in.

A butterfly goaltender's job is to take away the bottom of the net, his legs were open, his stick was not

flush to the ice, then the Ruutu goal was just abysmal.

Enough of the kid gloves. If he wants to be an All-Star he is going to have to be tough. This reminds me

of Roy in 1987. I kept hoping that he would figure things out, but he never did. So Hayward ended up

carrying the load.

You don't give up on Price, but you also don't send the message to the team that it is ok to play poorly and

be rewarded. Halak should never have been displaced, Carbo said win and you are in and when he returned

from injury/sickness he lost his job.

I don't think he is the better goalie, but he is feeling it and playing a hell of a lot better.

You ride Halak until he plays poorly. Win or Lose. If Price gets another opportunity he needs to step up

and perform. If it was good enough for Roy, it is good enough for Price.

Very insightful.

He doesn't suck, he is playing poorly. Big difference.

Sorry

I stand corrected

He doesn't suck

He is sucking

Edited by rafikz

And who is to say Halak wouldn't have won the Calder Cup if Price hadn't been handed the job because he was the "future of the franchise?"

Who is to say that Yann Danis wouldn't have won if he started?

What is your point? Price DID win the Calder Cup and MVP award. I live in the world where things actually happened.

The defense allows anyone free access to our defensive zone every single time, they don't challenge. I know Price isn't playing well, not trying to say to the contrary. I hope Price starts again, because I want Price to succeed, I wont fault Halak for getting the start.

What I want more of, is what Higgins did in the third period, he looked pissed, why aren't more players pissed? You see what happened to Pleks when he even DARED going towards the goalie? He got his ass roughed up...by HEATLEY! Why is O'byrne sitting, and Breezy starting, the defense is awful, if you're gonna be awful at least let O'byrne play and get some on the job training, he's what Komi use to be, what Komi is now I'm not sure, but he sucks, and I think as much as some think I over value Komi, people on the board come to pray at his shrine like he's some god.

What is your point? Price DID win the Calder Cup and MVP award. I live in the world where things actually happened.

My point is that we can't say Price is going to be a better goalie based on what he did in the past as a teenager. He is not playing like a franchise goalie and he shouldn't be treated like one.

Well, this is the NHL

Am I the only one wondering why's that and never came close to an explanation? Carbo broke up the pair and Gainey kept it that way, even if it shows Komo isnt the same he was when with Marky?

What's up with that? What the Hell happened?

No, I am wondering too. I hate the 'spread the wealth' theory, it usually is 'Carry the worse players on the team please' in reality.

Komisarek and Markov, as you've pointed out before, helped each other. Notice how Gorges lets the puck come to him, lets it into the corner, stops it, waits for the forward forecheck, then battles physically and tries to shield the puck? PLAY THE F'ING THING OUT!!! That's why it's called a defensive pairing.

Komi is often left holding the bag for Hamr's giveaways. Why not try Hamr on the pp point, he has the shot. Or something...

You guys are acting like we're sitting Brodeur in favor of Price, I didn't know Halak had 8 seasons under his belt and was a bonefide starter in this league.

The defense allows anyone free access to our defensive zone every single time, they don't challenge. I know Price isn't playing well, not trying to say to the contrary. I hope Price starts again, because I want Price to succeed, I wont fault Halak for getting the start.

What I want more of, is what Higgins did in the third period, he looked pissed, why aren't more players pissed? You see what happened to Pleks when he even DARED going towards the goalie? He got his ass roughed up...by HEATLEY! Why is O'byrne sitting, and Breezy starting, the defense is awful, if you're gonna be awful at least let O'byrne play and get some on the job training, he's what Komi use to be, what Komi is now I'm not sure, but he sucks, and I think as much as some think I over value Komi, people on the board come to pray at his shrine like he's some god.

Outside of that ridiculous glove save against the Isles Price has not stepped up with a momentum changing save.

If the Habs are looking for goaltenders who can just make the routine save there are plenty of Ty Conklin's out there.

Halak made two stops he had no business making. He is feeling it, he has confidence and he is playing better.

Go with him until he struggles.

You guys are acting like we're sitting Brodeur in favor of Price, I didn't know Halak had 8 seasons under his belt and was a bonefide starter in this league.

Neither goalie is proven. They should be given an equal chance. Price should not have starts given to him because he's been anointed as the future.

Well, this season, Halak is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than Price

We don't have Brodeur, but if we want to save the season, we obviously have to start Halak

Oh I forgot, it won't happen; Gainey is still trying hard to look good

My point is that we can't say Price is going to be a better goalie based on what he did in the past as a teenager. He is not playing like a franchise goalie and he shouldn't be treated like one.

It was in response to somebody saying he accomplished nothing.

Winning a Calder Cup and MVP at the age of 19 is unprecedented. That is accomplishing something.

That was the response.

He is not playing like a franchise goalie, and Gainey has shown plenty of loyalty. The onus is now on Price.

Outside of that ridiculous glove save against the Isles Price has not stepped up with a momentum changing save.

If the Habs are looking for goaltenders who can just make the routine save there are plenty of Ty Conklin's out there.

Halak made two stops he had no business making. He is feeling it, he has confidence and he is playing better.

Go with him until he struggles.

Take off the Halak t-shirt and pay attention.

Price stopped Foligno's break away when it was 1-1. That should have been motivating no?

Wrong. We're sitting a guy who is playing better. Doesn't make sense.

I am all for Carey, I like the fact we traded Huet and Bob had the nuts to go with the kid in the playoffs. I am still high on him. But Halak is battling, making big stops, not letting in soft goals, concentration at top level. I don't know enough about the semantics of goaltending to point out what Price is doing wrong - plenty on here who do - but it is brutally obvious to the layman that Price doesn't have it right now, Halak does.

Well, this season, Halak is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than Price

We don't have Brodeur, but if we want to save the season, we obviously have to start Halak

Oh I forgot, it won't happen; Gainey is still trying hard to look good

Halak was poor to average through mid January. Let's not change history.

Price has been brutal for 2 months.

I just hope the Habs dont burn him.

Take off the Halak t-shirt and pay attention.

Price stopped Foligno's break away when it was 1-1. That should have been motivating no?

Still not an excuse for his sucking