April 18th, 2009 | Canadiens @ Bruins | Game 2 Thread

Cataclaw

Ok....huet for 2nd round

Ribeiro For Ninnemma and nothing?

Horrible in hindsight but there were good reasons for those moves at the time. I'll never hold the Ribs trade against him - I would have accepted anything for him. I wouldn't have traded Huet myself, but I defend the move. I just see it as a gamble that didn't pay off.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

guys this is not a thread for discussions (arguments) about the Habs scouting or drafting or trading, this is a game thread enough with the pissing contest.

Well, this has degenerated almost as quickly as discussion on Habs Inside/Out.

Fire Gainey :lol: What a joke.

Sign Huet as a UFA :lol::lol: An even bigger joke.

Everything that could go wrong, did go wrong this year. It happens.

We need retooling, that's for sure - not nuclear devastation. But I guess perspective is an unreasonable expectation under these circumstances.

What Has Tanguay done this series?

What has lang done this series...

Who was Habsworld scapegoat.....neither of the above 2 players you both mentioned above...who has prevailed in the playoffs???? the guy that belongs as the Canadiens Captain thats who!

You mean the guy who plays only when he feels like it? Great leader that is. "I'm not interested tonight, leave me alone *sulk*"

guys this is not a thread for discussions (arguments) about the Habs scouting or drafting or trading, this is a game thread enough with the pissing contest.

aww come on JLP let us all verbally abuse this kid a little more, its stress relieving.

I guess you blame Gainey for Lang going down for the season, or Tanguay missing 2 months... man what an Idiot Bob was for not forseeing that.

No, I blame him for not getting a replacement for Lang at the deadline and a vet goalie backup for Price last summer. He also failed to get a big forward again. Also, instead of admitting we are light on talent, he fired Carbo. Whether we like Carbo or not, I think it is clear that Carbo was not the major problem. :)

No, I blame him for not getting a replacement for Lang at the deadline and a vet goalie backup for Price last summer. He also failed to get a big forward again. Also, instead of admitting we are light on talent, he fired Carbo. Whether we like Carbo or not, I think it is clear that Carbo was not the major problem. :)

Not clear at all.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

Horrible in hindsight but there were good reasons for those moves at the time. I'll never hold the Ribs trade against him - I would have accepted anything for him. I wouldn't have traded Huet myself, but I defend the move. I just see it as a gamble that didn't pay off.

Why put an inexperienced rookie in when you have almost a fairly close as promising team as we do now when it was the 08-09 season? Such an idiodic move....nobody on this board wants to mention the rebuilding plan...but with the UFA and RFA dilemma this summer...you have to ask yourself...did bob really rebuild this team???

The Drive to Cost BOB that so many of you on here believe in...his job is what this is turning into

Edited by l<OV4L3V

Why put an inexperienced rookie in when you have almost a fairly close as promising team as we do now when it was the 08-09 season? Such an idiodic move....nobody on this board wants to mention the rebuilding plan...but with the UFA and RFA dilemma this summer...you have to ask yourself...did bob really rebuild this team???

The Drive to Cost BOB that so many of you on here believe in...his job is what this is turning into

Right now it's looking like a re-rebuild is needed...unless anyone here thinks that we can march 3 rookies onto our pathetic D corps and have them perform next year?

And it bothers me that this team is still ok with drafting goddamned Smurfs.

We need some hard-nosed Western Conference style D-men in the worst way. And size down the middle. Oh, and a power forward too, since it looks like Gui likes to throw maybe two decent hits a game max.

Edited by sbhatt

Right now it's looking like a re-rebuild is needed...unless anyone here thinks that we can march 3 rookies onto our pathetic D corps and have them perform next year?

Depends on the rookies... if Emelin is one of them its a little bit different.

Ummmmmm, I don't have to ask myself that because the team has been rebuilt from 5 years ago. Is that even up for debate?

LMFAO.....and bruins go from 8th to 1st in one year and you think gainey is a genius? Yes..because humpty dumpty is SUCH a good coach...OH Wait....he was a habs coach too! lmfao.......wake up...your interim coach blows and he JFJ remix...god bless trevor timmins

Honestly Versus, could they have more of a hard-on for the B's? First intermission, Neely, 2nd, Bobby Orr, now during the 3rd, touting Chara for the past 5 minutes for the Norris. I get it's a US network, and it's a US vs CAN series, but seriously...

Fight! Gorges and Bergeron??

For chrissakes. He built a team that finished third overall least season. To that nucleus he added Schneider, Tanguay, Laraque and Lang while losing Streit. 'This team' is THE SAME TEAM as last year's but with more talent. The drastic regression of both Kostitsyns, Plekanec, Higgins and Komisarek could not have been anticipated any more than the injuries to Lang and Markov. To that you can add a player rebellion against Carbonneau. These are all impossible variables to anticipate. He then did what he could to address some of these contingencies, but refused to blow up a third overall team because of a second-half slump. All reasonable managerial decisions.

Like I say. Everything that could go wrong, did go wrong this season.

Blowing up the team, firing gainey, burning down the Bell Centre, nuking Mount Royal, executing Stephen harper...these would all be overreactions. (And other than the last, each would be a huge panicky mistake).

LMFAO.....and bruins go from 8th to 1st in one year and you think gainey is a genius? Yes..because humpty dumpty is SUCH a good coach...OH Wait....he was a habs coach too! lmfao.......wake up...your interim coach blows and he JFJ remix...god bless trevor timmins

Didn't Gainey build the team that went from 9th to 1st last year???

For chrissakes. He built a team that finished third overall least season. To that nucleus he added Schneider, Tanguay, Laraque and Lang while losing Streit. 'This team' is THE SAME TEAM as last year's but with more talent. The drastic regression of both Kostitsyns, Plekanec, Higgins and Komisarek could not have been anticipated any more than the injuries to Lang and Markov. To that you can add a player rebellion against Carbonneau. These are all impossible variables to anticipate. He then did what he could to address some of these contingencies, but refused to blow up a third overall team because of a second-half slump. All reasonable managerial decisions.

Like I say. Everything that could go wrong, did go wrong this season.

Blowing up the team, firing gainey, burning down the Bell Centre, nuking Mount Royal, executing Stephen harper...these would all be overreactions. (And other than the last, each would be a huge panicky mistake).

lol nice...

Because only players who are 6'2 or bigger are good hockey players. Yep.

No, but size helps. More important is how big you play. Boo boo plays bigger then most guys 6 feet tall. We keep drafting small guys who play small. A few are okay, but we have too many. See how Lucic just bowled over Weber? Why can't we draft a Lucic?

LMFAO.....and bruins go from 8th to 1st in one year and you think gainey is a genius?

I think one of the keys to Boston's quick rise to power, and you could say the same thing about Philly's quick turnaround from cellar dweller to playoff team too...is that they don't totally disregard the physical aspect of the game the way the Canadiens seem to.

I've had patience. I've understood what he's been saying. I understand that there is a code. But when Georges is the guy getting into fights and Laraque is barely WATCHING? Enough. Do something you overgrown oaf, or get the frock off the ice. Useless.

You know this is one of the more pro-gainey posts that I've seen out of you Cucumber...but get real...

A shake up in management is never a bad idea. Gainey is toast unless Habs come out of first round alive...which is highly unlikely now

In case everyone missed the last couple drafts, we have a crop of sizable, North American (and one Russian ;) ) defensemen who will be showing up soon.

A shake up in management is never a bad idea.

WHAT?

Edited by ForumGhost