Carey Price

Nilan25

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a great article, except for the fact that by the time Price had proven he should be sent down he already had played enough games to need waivers.

:nono:

Everyone is always looking for a scapegoat and they go for the high profile guy.

Anyone who watched the game saw that he did all he could to rescue his poor defense on the night.

In games 1 and 2, people were ready to annoint him as a God again.

I get annoyed by these fickle journalists and freak-out fans.

Everyone is always looking for a scapegoat and they go for the high profile guy.

Anyone who watched the game saw that he did all he could to rescue his poor defense on the night.

Look the guy is fragile is what he is saying. There was a time when Price would not give up seven goals to anyone. He worries me.

Look the guy is fragile is what he is saying. There was a time when Price would not give up seven goals to anyone. He worries me.

kenny, patrick, plante, they all gave up 7 goals at some time or other, Kenny not so much because he had the top 6 def in the league in front of him every night. Give price that leve of defence and see what happens. He is just gonna be fine leave him alone. Ok YOU guys leave him alone not his defence, well they already have. :hlogo: :lol:

Price is a high profile guy?

Thanks for the clarification, I thought it was Gill

I am seriously concerned about Price. I was hoping that he would be insulated by Martins's defensive/posession game, but I am worried that he is too emotional for this game. He hides it well, but he crashes hard when he has a bad game.

price is as good of a goalie, as most in the league and alot better then most...anyone that know anything about hockey or played it, knows its a team sport and to blame losing on one player every night..is a joke. their nights that a player can cost you a close game by making a bad mistake..shit happens...to lose 7-1 its a team lose..the problem in montreal right now is we got to get on the board first...instead we are aways playing catch up and that changes the way our guys play the game..as much as we need price to be great..we need our guys to score a few goals for him to get a lead..playing close games or from behind all the time is the hards thing on a goalie because he feels like every shot could cost the team the game or put them more behind...so for price to be great i think the team needs to win a couple of game with out him carring the team the full 60 mins, like we saw in the first to games because if it wasnt for price we would be 0-5...

I totally understand what you are saying and what a lot of people say. I have a Price jersey and t-shirt. What I'm saying is that he changes when he is not playing well. Yesterday he was overcommitting and flopping like crazy. I just hope he can grow and learn to shake off a bad goal.

Until the team stops giving up 7 odd man rushes in a period, hanging the goalies out to dry, standing around in there own end i'm not going to say much about the goaltending.

As i said last year, the team played like crap all year, Price saved there ass the first 25 games which made them look better, is he perect, no, is halak, no, is broduer ,no.

The defense zone is simply out, really bad for numerous reasons, Price is the only reason they aren't 0-5.

Todd rips into Price again today... three days after the last article?

What a loser. Price has 2 great games and 2 mediocre games (Halak has 1 mediocre game), and he's already whining that Price needs to ride the bench for an extended period of time - even though he just had the off-season - OR that he be demoted to Hamilton - regardless of the fact that he needs to clear waivers!! and that we have no replacement.

He also implies that Price has been getting the share of the starts this season because of Gainey. :wacko:

This guy has ######ing patience problems.

This is how his sci-fi book probably went down:

Alien from Planet Kayakula: Greetings, Earthlings. I have come to ask for some your assistance.

Representative of Planet Earth: Um, sure. What do you want?

Alien from Planet Kayakula: Ten pounds of uranium. My brothers need it to power their space ship. This is not a substance we have on our own planet.

Representative of Planet Earth: Ten pounds of uranium? Sure. It'll be right over in five days.

Alien from Planet Kayakula: Five DAYS? AAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!! *blows up Earth with laser gun*

Todd's still one of my favourite writers, but, someone has got to e-mail him and let him know that Price can't be sent to the minors without needing to clear waivers... unless he thinks no one will pick him up. :P

The first article actually had ~some~ basis in fact (other than not actually having the option of sending Carey to minors and Todd's inexplicable and obvious dislike for the young man). This one is totally a joke, apparently Jack Todd's found himself a new Brisebois to skewer, how sad his life must be. I HATE this kind of journalism....

Todd's still one of my favourite writers, but, someone has got to e-mail him and let him know that Price can't be sent to the minors without needing to clear waivers... unless he thinks no one will pick him up. :P

Done.

Firstly, I just wanted to let you know that Price has played enough NHL games that he is now ineligible to be demoted to the AHL without needing to clear waivers. (I say this since you've mentioned it as a possibility two articles in a row now. It isn't.)

Is it not a bit early to have already written TWO articles about how doomed we are with Price as our starter? The guy's played 2 great games and two mediocre games (to Halak's one mediocre game), and already he's being attacked. Two so-so games in a row, and he already needs an extended ride on the bench to clear his head? He just had the whole offseason.

Why not give him a few more games? A second attack this early in the season - he hasn't even played a single home game! - can only be fueled by personal bias. Add in the fact, that one of your two solutions (demoting Price) is wildly impractical, and your article is left with little credibility.

I wouldn't write to you if it weren't so predictable that we're likely to get the same article out of you after every bad game Price plays, not to mention after every good game Halak plays (and twice on Christmas!). Even when I agree with you (I hated the Carbo firing), it gets tiresome reading the same complaints over and over again.

You think Halak should be starting instead of Price. You're upset that Gainey is/was pressuring his coach to have Price in net. Okay - we get it! Now let's hear some more of Jack Todd's opinions, not just the same old ones over and over again. Until then, let's not pretend you're offering much insight (or much of anything other than irritating emotional outbursts) with your column.

Maybe a bit too rude, but that was one of the worst articles I've ever read.

Done.

Firstly, I just wanted to let you know that Price has played enough NHL games that he is now ineligible to be demoted to the AHL without needing to clear waivers. (I say this since you've mentioned it as a possibility two articles in a row now. It isn't.)

Is it not a bit early to have already written TWO articles about how doomed we are with Price as our starter? The guy's played 2 great games and two mediocre games (to Halak's one mediocre game), and already he's being attacked. Two so-so games in a row, and he already needs an extended ride on the bench to clear his head? He just had the whole offseason.

Why not give him a few more games? A second attack this early in the season - he hasn't even played a single home game! - can only be fueled by personal bias. Add in the fact, that one of your two solutions (demoting Price) is wildly impractical, and your article is left with little credibility.

I wouldn't write to you if it weren't so predictable that we're likely to get the same article out of you after every bad game Price plays, not to mention after every good game Halak plays (and twice on Christmas!). Even when I agree with you (I hated the Carbo firing), it gets tiresome reading the same complaints over and over again.

You think Halak should be starting instead of Price. You're upset that Gainey is/was pressuring his coach to have Price in net. Okay - we get it! Now let's hear some more of Jack Todd's opinions, not just the same old ones over and over again. Until then, let's not pretend you're offering much insight (or much of anything other than irritating emotional outbursts) with your column.

Nicely done. If he replies, expect rudeness - I politely e-mailed him years ago after he inexplicably failed to mention a major trade involving Donald Audette, asking why he hadn't mentioned it. He commanded me 'not to tell him what to write about' and basically to F off. :rolleyes: Not a sweetheart. But you're right, his current campaign against Price is just more of the sort of media idiocy that gives Montreal a bad name. Say what you like about Bob, at least he has the cojones to call out these slavering media jackals and defends his players to the hilt.

Beats the flaming bag of poop I left on his front step. ^_^

Nicely done, man.

Beats the flaming bag of poop I left on his front step. ^_^

Nicely done, man.

And when he complains, as he always does, about all the idiots sending him incomprehensible hate mail, I'm going to send a letter to the editor saying, "Now that Jack Todd has experienced being attacked regularly by countless idiotic strangers, maybe he knows how Carey Price feels." Hopefully, it'll get in.

Dear Gazette,

Jack Todd is really struggling with his latest columns. He needs to get his act together. Time to demote him to the McGill Tribune. He'll clear waivers, guaranteed.

Thanks for publishing me.

KoZed

PS: Or maybe, if it's not too late, Todd could take example on his long-time whipping boy Patrice Brisebois by a) getting class. and b) RETIRING!