What's the most vital to our successes?

alexstream

What do we need the most to win more games?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What do we need the most to win more games?

• Markov
    • A second line

What's the most vital to our successes?

What do we need the most to win more games?

Would the current team win more games with a legit 2nd line (without markov)?

or would they win more games with the actual lineup + markov?

I'm finding it hard to evaluate whether we miss markov the most or a second line. maybe with markov all would be well... or maybe with a 2nd line, we'd miss markov a bit less.

I voted second line, but in all honesty, with Markov in the lineup, we are a much better team in all aspects.

Having watched our last performance with the Pens; I would rather see everyone we have elevate their game. From Kosts to Patches, to Chips, to Laps to Lats (time for that second gear, play with desperation and empty the tank every shift, cause it could be your LAST!), And Diago better start playing like the sniper he can be., If we don't take the next step in this chemistry experiment.

I WILL EXPECT more CHANGE to SHAKE, things UP!

Wake up my dear beloved Canadiens, we need a better effort every night against all comers, be it PENS, WINGS, CANUCKS, AVES or the lowly ISLES.

That being said, I'm encouraged by Martin's Coaching style and feel that he will do what needs to be done to the dressing room to get their heads into his system and back on track!

Lets hope my faith in him is not wasted. Our schedule is about to get more challenging, lets see how our fish bowl responds.

GO HABS GO!

Edited by Chips

It is impossible to choose Alex!

We all know the value and essential need of Markov to this team's success. He is our most important player.

However, what team can gain any measure of success without a second line that produces? You could say that this team has 2 third lines (perhaps even three third lines) but we need a legit number two line to score some goals. Especially in the playoffs where our big line will be checked without mercy the importance of secondary scoring is a must.

Get Plex a winger or somehow get Kostitsyn going.

This poll is a tie.

I'd like to examine something before I answer:

Cammy - Gomez - Gionta

Tanguay - Pleks - Williams

Kosty - Lappy - D'Agostini

Lats - Chipchura - Pacioretty

First call ups: Maxwell, S Kosty

Tanguay and Williams were signed for a $1.5MM each this off-season...could we have done the same? Even Bertuzzi would have been an interesting signing and his $ value was the same 1.5M.

Leave Gill off the D. No Moen, No Metro, No Laraque.

All journeymen NHLers with no real history of success unlike the guys above who make the same type of dollars...plus, those guys were all signed for short term deals so there was no long-term implication in salary cap room OR as prospects develop and deserve higher lines.

I haven't done the math to check but I have to believe that it would still leave us under the cap...

Markov is a key ingredient...probably the best player on the team.

You can't lose him and not take a significant impact.

But that doesn't mean we spent dollars wisely. Nor does it mean that a good 2nd line RWer wouldn't have an equal impact given that our 2nd line is so atrocious right now.

Edited by Zowpeb

Some second line talent. As you see when the first line isn't dominating the habs can't score.

Not to bag on pleks but alot of his points are when the other team has 4 peopel on the ice. 5 on 5 his line doesn't do much.

Moen has arguably been the habs best 4 forwards, i don't understand the journeymen comment. If you think this team is soft now, take those 3 out and see how soft they are.

Gill hasn't been that bad either, he is a bottom pair guy who kills penalties. he does what Komi did at less then half price.

They have some options to trade and get some different players in and upgrade some of the top end talent.

So if i was king for a day I would try the following, now i'm not saying these moves can happen or they can get these players but these are the types of players i look to land.

Offer Nashville the Kosty bro's for Dumont, same contract numbers i beleive. He joins Gomez and Gionta on the LW.

Move a goalie for a good top 6 young forward, Detroit, St. Louis, Florida need a top end goalie to take the next step this year. Try and get like a TJ Oshie off the Blues, they loaded with young forward talent.

Then trade Pleks for a bigger centre. Then you have completely revamped the top 6 and teams won't be able to focus on the Gomez line.

I do like the 3rd and 4th lines, i would move Lapierre to RW on the 4th line and i would play Laraque more often, Chipchura can sit.

So they do have some options to get a better top 6. BG needs to be creative and move a goalie to get it done.

and the short answer is we need both. We will have a tough time succeeding without either one. Markov can't make up for a solid second line and a second won't replace markov. I vote for both (if I could)

On top of that, with the lines for next game, we have a solid second line. Gomez/Gionta on one, Pleks/Cammy on the other.

I laugh at how everyone is calling the Plex Cammy line the second line. Aren't they the top two scorers on the team?