[Game Thread] Canadiens vs Lightning - 7/11/2009

Trizzak

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy crap Price.. that was brutal, I hope he buys the forward who played goal there a beer after the game.

Seems to me he had to play it like that. There was NOBODY near that player. He had to cut off the shooting angle.

Moen's shorthanded shot into the goalie's chest left a lot to be desired. It killed the good play by Plekanec.

Seems to me he had to play it like that. There was NOBODY near that player. He had to cut off the shooting angle.

Moen's shorthanded shot into the goalie's chest left a lot to be desired. It killed the good play by Plekanec.

I would agree if he wasn't down and out.. ... nor should he been that far out.. for a change his team bailed him out.

Good couple of shifts by the big line, but I think that last one is a goal.

I'm a little bitter, but if athletes have to stand for the cameras and be questioned I want to see referees face the same thing. Just so we can get some rationale for the way they call stuff. e.g. How the mugging of Plek wasn't called, the intentional offside call against the habs in the bruins game.

Too bad. Price let two bad goals go in again. Having said that, it doesn't make sense to expect him to block everything. If the forwards could net some shots, our young goalies would feel a lot better in the net. There are too many mistakes in the offensive zone. Bad passes, bad shots, lack of traffic in front of the net...

It's too easy to blame the defense all the time. Our forwards, particularly the young ones, aren't worth a damn so far in this season.

See, that's the thing about Price... Great game against Boston, and then he's back to this crap. Does he build on the Boston game? No!

Bad enough the second goal with that huge rebound on a routine shot. But then just when we had all kinds of momentum, he lets in a goal like that 3rd one. Just kills us. Don't expect much life from the team in the 3rd.

3 goals on 17 shots - just brutal.

Gorges should stay on his feet, he's been down on 2 of the 3 goals against the habs tonight.

Gorges has been playing too much. He looks very bad on almost every shift. Very slow to make the first pass. I am disappointed by his play. If Gill and O'Byrne can came back, I guess that he'll play less and look better.

Looks pretty typical.. we have one line going well, but they are facing the best defensive guys on the other side. Metro's line is holding their own, and Pleks might as well be by himself.

Until we get someone to make the Pleks line dangerous, this is going to keep happening. It doesn't matter how good one of your line is, good teams win because they have two lines so you can't just smother the one line.

Worse for Pleks, he has laps and Lats out here, yet he is still getting man handled. Can't one of those guys play physical? Maybe drop the gloves and stop people taking liberties against Pleks????