What to do when we have a complete lineup?

hab29RETIRED

I'm wondering what Martin will do when we have a full lineup.

I haven't been happy with his line combos all year - although I do like who he has on the first two lines right now given the injuries.

Our current 4th line makes me cringe. Tonight against Toronto Dags was the only guy who made some decent defensive plays.

Question I have is how others would like the lineup to look when we have our injured guys back. I for one am still in favor of sending MaxPax down for a few weeks to get some confidence finishing. he's shown flashes of good offensive potential but really needs to get confidence finsihing. I'm worried that instead of him becoming a top six forward the habs are going to turn him into a 3rd liner or even worse, by rushing him into the NHL, get fed up if a year from now he still isn't scoring (like Lats) and then ship him out of town. He can currently be send down to Hamilton with any waiver issues, so I'd rather send him down when we can, rather then have no options in another year.

Here's the line combos I'd like to see when we are healthy (I've left MaxPax up, becoz i doubt gainey and Martin will send him down):

Ak46-Pleks-Cammy

Gionta-Gomez-Pouliot

SK74-Metro-MaxPax

Moen-Lapierre-Bergeron

Markov-Hamrlik

Spacek-Obyrne

Gorges-Gill

I think Mara, Dags and of course Laraque are expandable. IMO Bergeron should be used like Striet was two years ago.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Sk74 with Gionta and Gomez, but have liked the way poillet went to the net in the game against Carolina and think if he is going to realize his potential, he will need a fair shake on the top two lines and some PP time.

I think that having a playmaker like SK74 with MaxPax and Metro could get us some scoring there.

Lastly, while metro has got PP goals this year, once Gionta is back, I really think the habs need to get Sk74 and Pouliot some time on the PP. To make it work, using Gomez on the point on the second unit PP may be an option.

Any thoughts???

Edited by hab29RETIRED

I agree 100% with the 20 guys you have in the lineup with Mara, Diago and Laraque scratched. I do see Martin putting Mara in for OB though. And i would tinker with the lines a little bit, but yours are pretty close to mine.

Diago is pretty much useless in my books and Laraque is too slow to bring anything to the table.

Who is Poillet?

Anyways. Full lineup

Camm-Plex-AK46

Big Ben-Gomer-Gio

MaxPac-Metro-Moen

Dags-Laps-SK

Markov-Spacek

Hamrlik-Bergy

Gill-Mara/Gorges

Hard to spell Pouliot when you arn't quite sure how to pronounce his name. Heard his name pronounced a couple difference ways on the CBC tonight.

Don't agree with having Sk74 on the 4th line. Not only would that piss him off considering his strong play, he would be wasted playing with Laps and Dags. I think a guy like Moen may be able to get Laps playing physical again, while Sk74 could get MaxPac going.

Edited by hab29RETIRED

Hard to spell Pouliot when you arn't quite sure how to pronounce his name. Heard his name pronounced a couple difference ways on the CBC tonight.

Cant spell based on pronunciation when it comes to certain names. Pouliot is one of them. Some guys in the medias are such slobs. How hard is it to get a name right when you're freaking paid to talk about them? Pouliot is pronounced Poo-lee-ott. Pou/li/ot.

Don't agree with having Sk74 on the 4th line. Not only would that piss him off considering his strong play, he would be wasted playing with Laps and Dags. I think a guy like Moen may be able to get Laps playing physical again, while Sk74 could get MaxPac going.

That line is purely a chemistry test. They were killing in the AHL together. Wouldnt hurt to have a young 4th line with offensive upside and some sandpaper.

I would put Cammy with Gomez and Gionta just like early in the season. They will draw the toughest checkers and still put up points. That leaves Plex, A.Kost and Pouliot on the second line and with the season Plex is having they should still be putting up points.

I like Kozed's defensive pairings.

Cant spell based on pronunciation when it comes to certain names. Pouliot is one of them. Some guys in the medias are such slobs. How hard is it to get a name right when you're freaking paid to talk about them? Pouliot is pronounced Poo-lee-ott. Pou/li/ot.

NHL10 pronounces it "poulio" lol

Some guys in the medias are such slobs. How hard is it to get a name right when you're freaking paid to talk about them? Pouliot is pronounced Poo-lee-ott. Pou/li/ot.

Yup, that's always bothered me. They have near total access to the team and can't ask a guy for sure about his name? Of course, those like Daymond Langkow don't help matters. How long was his name pronounced one way before he asked for it to be changed? Did it really take him that long to find out people were saying it wrong, or did he just decide he liked the sound of it the new way?

Yup, that's always bothered me. They have near total access to the team and can't ask a guy for sure about his name? Of course, those like Daymond Langkow don't help matters. How long was his name pronounced one way before he asked for it to be changed? Did it really take him that long to find out people were saying it wrong, or did he just decide he liked the sound of it the new way?

How does he like his name pronounced?

How does he like his name pronounced?

Lang-ko as opposed to Lang-cow.

Of course, the worst case of a pronunciation change was Joe Thiesmann. He was originally known as Joe "Theesman." When he became a possible candidate for the Heisman, however, suddenly his name rhymed with the name of the trophy.

I definitely want to keep both Gorges and MAB on the lineup so :

Camm-Plex-Andrei

Pouliot-Gomer-Gionta

MaxPac-Metro-Sergei

MAB-Laps-Moen

Markov-Spacek

Hamrlik-Mara

Gill-Gorges

I think we can get rid of D'Agostini. Just like Chipchura, I don't see him in our plans at all.

I definitely want to keep both Gorges and MAB on the lineup so :

Camm-Plex-Andrei

Pouliot-Gomer-Gionta

MaxPac-Metro-Sergei

MAB-Laps-Moen

Markov-Spacek

Hamrlik-Mara

Gill-Gorges

I think we can get rid of D'Agostini. Just like Chipchura, I don't see him in our plans at all.

Good looking line combo's, one thing though. Maybe we should show patience with D'Agostini. I feel that when we're healthy, he'll be in trouble. But I'm happy with the development on the Brothers K. Maybe waiting could be good in the long run. Certainly not one of Bob's biggest worries though.