Habs @ Panthers | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said, you can't put a finger on this team. You literally have no idea which team is gonna show up night after night.

The bad team showed up last night. Their effort was pathetic. You literally could see Florida working harder during the game.

The Gazette tried to pump up Halak, saying he was the only one who played well. I sorta disagreed. He didn't stop the penalty shot, and his infamous rebound control directly led to the 2nd goal. So I would classify his game as mediocre last night. (I know, I know. We only scored 1 goal, but i was evaluating *his* play only here. I already said the rest of the team was pathetic.)

Let's hope the good team shows up tonight...

Giving up 2 goals a game should give your team a good chance to win every night. It's just too bad the offense is so hit or miss thats why win/loss records can be manipulated.

Well if anyone wants to know why people say the habs are easy to play against, i give you exhibit A.

At least there was one team on the ice who recognized the importance of the game, ufortunately it wasn't the habs.

Obviously there is only one person to blame, Price, we all know if Halak played they would have won the game.

I think i can sum it up this way:

16 shots on goal

30+ turnovers easily

No physical play, lost every battle

Drew 1 penalty

Blind, dumb passes and plays all night

I guess the good news is they should be well rested for tonight's game.

Let's be honest here

They have 6 reliable forwards, the little 5 and Moen. The other 6 show up once or twice a month.

Defensively they have Markov, out of the next 5 D they have 4 odf them in the top 12 in turnovers. They can't pass or win any battles.

They have 2 real good young goalies.

Not really a recipe for success. It's a miracle they are 500.

Thank you. You even have the same name as me. I have been trying to say this for 2 months. I say it constantly and nobody acknowledges it. This is why the Habs suck. Not BGL or Halak or Price or Patches or Diago, or any individual. This is why the team is sub par.

Our most pressing problem is that we lack scoring depth. We have always been a team that didn't have major production from any one line consistently, but could rely on timely goals from everyone on the roster almost. Now that we have the former, we no longer have the latter.

No problem, If people can't see why the team is a 500 team there is nothing i can do but point out the obvious. It's fine to pick on 1 player or another, but they are playing with half of an Nhl team.

They need a checking line, and some gritty 4th liners.

They need 3 new D. I am fine with Markov, Spacek and Gill as the left D. Subban will make the team next year, I think they need to move some of the others and upgrade there.

I also think they need to pick 1 of the goalies and move the other one. I don't care which, i do think Price will be a better goalie long term though.

Can someone please explain how, after Plex got called for holding when he grabbed a shirt for a split second in the first, the guy who held and then high sticked Hamr in the face didn't get 6 minutes? The replay was very clear. First one hand comes off the stick and both hands go to Hamr's shoulders and pull him slightly off balance, then he loses control of said stick and slashes Hamr in the face. Turned off the game after that point. I've had about enough.

.....and with the referee looking right at the play!!!!!

.....and with the referee looking right at the play!!!!!

What really pissed me off about this play is that *even if the ref didn't see what happened immediately,* he could see that the guy's *bleeding* and he was nowhere near the puck. How did he think that happened?!!

Seems to me that he just didn't want to put Florida down 4 minutes in a close game...